Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-08-2019, 05:40 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomario View Post
Cheers squire, will have to do a parkrun together soon.

In other races, if anyone wants to do a fast 10km, i would reccomend doing a race in Victoria Park, near Hackney Wick. Ran the Pride 10km yesterday and did a 34:33, despite a strong headwind for each of the lopps, (approx 3km a loop, with a km into the wind).
Deffo. I'm fancying a return to Peckham Rye in a few weeks. Going to keep going to Hoblingwell for now though as it's good to get some hills in. Agree about Vic Pk - very good PB hunting ground.

My wife has promised me a pair of funky running shoes for our anniversary. I'm seriously thinking about the Vapour Flys....

I've stumbled across this website, which rates running shoes. Seems quite well done but I haven't heard of it before. Any one else know anything about it?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
"And for the old, Brexit might well rid the country's care homes of Eastern European workers, but no blond blue eyed university graduate is going to come and wipe your arse or listen to your stories of the war you never fought in."

adrenalin john 17/05/9

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=245
Old 12-08-2019, 05:48 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom's Old Man View Post
Yes they've made a right hash of it. Think the front few might be OK but nearly everyone else has a time which is slow, and seems to get worse as the field progresses. Poor for a Surrey road league event, I got a cup of water and a wrong time for my tenner!

Agree poorly organised no safety message no course information- registration packed up 30 mins before start and the start was announced by shouting go. I do a better job at parkrun.

Times all correct now
Old 13-08-2019, 08:35 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
Deffo. I'm fancying a return to Peckham Rye in a few weeks. Going to keep going to Hoblingwell for now though as it's good to get some hills in. Agree about Vic Pk - very good PB hunting ground.

My wife has promised me a pair of funky running shoes for our anniversary. I'm seriously thinking about the Vapour Flys....

I've stumbled across this website, which rates running shoes. Seems quite well done but I haven't heard of it before. Any one else know anything about it?

I got the Nike Epic React 2, which I mentioned before, which are ranked 7th. I managed to pick them up for 55 from the Nike site a few weeks back so maybe keep your eyes peeled.

Definitely taking time off my practise runs. I've not managed to do a Park Run in them yet, but be interesting to see how I do with them on when I do.

Super Comfy.
Old 13-08-2019, 12:54 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's a good site, they do review some shoes themselves but they mostly compile data from across a wide range of sites to give a great overview. Makes them a good one-stop shop for reviews rather than having to spend time yourself reading up different sites.

Do shop around though as the shops they show are ones they get a kickback from.

Last edited by immoralgiant; 13-08-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 15-08-2019, 08:47 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
I picked up a pair of the Next% from the Nike store yesterday. Super light and bouncy, like nothing I've ever experienced before. Looking forward to trying them out properly.

My knackered pair of Saucony shoes feel like lead weights and rock by comparison.
"And for the old, Brexit might well rid the country's care homes of Eastern European workers, but no blond blue eyed university graduate is going to come and wipe your arse or listen to your stories of the war you never fought in."

adrenalin john 17/05/9

Old 15-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Humble

DeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeadPanX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Any London based runners check this out: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Located near London Bridge, Tim has set up a bar and they go running every night. Good for like minded runners to meet.
Old 15-08-2019, 09:26 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I'd not seen that. I'm going to sign up and try and do the Tuesday runs when I can.
Old 15-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Monday was Forrest Gump Day! I have been running every day for three years, two months, fourteen days and sixteen hours. Forrest ran 15,248 miles. I came up a little short at 3,331.8 miles but bearing in mind that the distance from Montauk Lighthouse on the eastern tip of Long Island to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco is 3,026 miles, I have more than run across the USA.

I will add that I have not decided to stop yet and just put a streaksaver in before a day at a convention in Nashville.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 15-08-2019, 12:35 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
That's amazing, well done!
Old 15-08-2019, 08:59 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Any tips to shake off an Achilles injury? I did the 3 Peaks about a month ago and my calf/Achilles was a bit sore afterwards. Later that week I did two 10k runs and ever since my right Achilles has felt sore to touch and aches a bit either when running or after.
Old 15-08-2019, 09:37 PM
100% behind SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert head is god View Post
Monday was Forrest Gump Day! I have been running every day for three years, two months, fourteen days and sixteen hours. Forrest ran 15,248 miles. I came up a little short at 3,331.8 miles but bearing in mind that the distance from Montauk Lighthouse on the eastern tip of Long Island to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco is 3,026 miles, I have more than run across the USA.

I will add that I have not decided to stop yet and just put a streaksaver in before a day at a convention in Nashville.
That's amazing. Great work!!!!!

adrenalin john 17/05/9

Old 16-08-2019, 06:26 AM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Unbelievable Bert!
Old 16-08-2019, 06:49 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
Any tips to shake off an Achilles injury? I did the 3 Peaks about a month ago and my calf/Achilles was a bit sore afterwards. Later that week I did two 10k runs and ever since my right Achilles has felt sore to touch and aches a bit either when running or after.
Rest, stretching and single leg calf raises off a step..
Old 16-08-2019, 12:00 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I picked up a pair of the Next% from the Nike store yesterday. Super light and bouncy, like nothing I've ever experienced before. Looking forward to trying them out properly.

My knackered pair of Saucony shoes feel like lead weights and rock by comparison.
I have two pairs, which i only use for races, best shoes i have ever had for racing. I have a fair of zoomflys i train in for speed sessions and tempo sessions. I reccomend zoomflys for training as they will replicate the next generation to a certain extent.

Addidas boost for long steady runs
Old 16-08-2019, 12:01 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Let me know when you do the Dulwich Parkrun or Peckham parkrun and will join you, next few weeks will be tough for me due to work and holiday, off to do crane parkrun tomorrow
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM
100% behind SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomario View Post
I have two pairs, which i only use for races, best shoes i have ever had for racing. I have a fair of zoomflys i train in for speed sessions and tempo sessions. I reccomend zoomflys for training as they will replicate the next generation to a certain extent.

Addidas boost for long steady runs
Tried out the next% today at Barry Island PR for first time. It was very windy, and the course has several sharp turns and is hilly (180 ft), with two very steep 20m inclines. Yet I did it only 17 seconds short of my PB three years ago.

These shoes are ******* incredible.

Could just be an absolute fluke and coincidence, but it didn't feel that way at all. It's like running on air. Bouncy air.

I'll see how the times go over the next few runs/ races, but today I honestly think they've taken about 45-60 seconds off what my 5k time would have been otherwise, which is an astonishing improvement (and incidentally, is bang on the 4-5% improvement Nike claims).

Let's pick a date for the Peckham Rye Parkrun. Rhi's due to pop in late Sept, so try and get it in before then. Will drop you a WhatsApp.

adrenalin john 17/05/9

Last edited by tasty_snacks; Yesterday at 11:32 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Anyone want a pair of Brooks Glycerin? Size 9.5 UK. They rrp at 140 I paid 126. Worn twice. Done about 12 miles Open to sensible offer. DM me. They are these in the black/red To view the link you have to Register or Login