Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-03-2014, 03:36 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Anyone had any problems with iOS 7.1? I have read there have been issues with people complaining about battery life being halved.
People say this after every single update to iOS
Old 18-03-2014, 05:07 AM

Since 1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSince 1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSince 1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSince 1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSince 1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSince 1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSince 1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSince 1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSince 1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSince 1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSince 1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Anyone had any problems with iOS 7.1? I have read there have been issues with people complaining about battery life being halved.
No. It's running perfectly fine and none of my friends with an iPhone is having issues, either...
Old 18-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Tried using head gestures to operate Siri. I never realised I moved my head so much when looking at my phone! Unusable for me, Siri kept popping up every few seconds.
Old 18-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Have you changed Siri into a woman yet Nigel?
Old 18-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Yes
Old 19-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan A came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Well my iphone 5 randomly turns off at 50% battery, try turning it back on and it says it's out of battery. 10 minutes later I'm able to turn it back on and it's on a higher percentage than when it turned off!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:09 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wish I'd seen this first. My battery life has always been good with what I consider normal use as a phone, and a small amount of internet, in a good area my phone would go from 100% to about 40% in a day.

BUT after installing 7.1 two days ago I have run out of power by 5pm both days absolute crap how do I change it back or solve it?

Old 09-04-2014, 10:46 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Posted on here then did a Google search and thought I'd share what I found.
Apart from the old turn screen brightness down, turn off apps and bluetooth, it seems that turning off Apps automatic refresh (Setting, General, Background App refresh) also turn off airdrop in the drag up menu. It was also suggested to do a hard restart.

After charging the phone to 100% and mucking around with all this the battery was already on 80% but after the hard restart it was back to 100% I'll let you know if it makes any difference over a whole day.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:35 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Ok didn't work it was just as bad today. If I hadn't got the charger in the van it would have run out before I'd got home.

Can you go back to 7?

Old 10-04-2014, 07:50 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
My battery life seems to be worse as well although it's never been great . Hoping turning off the automatic app refresh helps.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:24 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
My battery life seems to be worse as well although it's never been great . Hoping turning off the automatic app refresh helps.
Didn't for me. I've just had it on charge for an hour and it's only on 12 % WTF

Old 11-04-2014, 11:27 AM

Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumie Allan View Post
Didn't for me. I've just had it on charge for an hour and it's only on 12 % WTF
certinally sounds like there is something running in the background, it's probably something trying to connect to a data source (eg - email, location services, some other app).

would be an idea to re-create your email accounts, as this has happened in the past particularly with calendars.

If not then backup your phone and do a factory restore then restore from the backup.

XBox Live Gamertag - RuptureRapture
twitter - @rupturerapture
last.fm - rupturerapture
Old 11-05-2014, 03:24 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Not sure this is really the right thread, but there is a great app on the iPhone called Figure. You can basically create your own beats. I made my friend buy it (only $1) so I could play with it. I was bugging her to see if she had tried it and she gave me the phone and said, "You got an hour to come up with something" I came back in 5 minutes with this.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The hardest part is live recording.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
What did you do for the other four minutes?
Old 12-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
What did you do for the other four minutes?
OI!
Old 12-05-2014, 05:57 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
guys whenever i plug my phone into mac to transfer photos it says no camera found and it won't show in iTunes! any ideas? thnx