Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:38 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Eaglefoz

How come Palace are the 6th best side in 2019 if we are playing so badly and Roy is doing such a bad job.

Go figure ?
Old 10-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Not long to wait before Palace will be able to take the shackles off and play teams that we are capable of beating instead of just trying to stay in games against the top sides and keeping their score down due to the huge gulf between them and us both on and off of the field.

Watching the edited highlights of Palace matches often does not paint a true picture of what the game was really like and yesterday Palace were still in the game until Chelsea scored their second late goal and on another day Tomkins header would have gone in levelling the scores.
In fact if all 3 of our attempts on goal had gone in we'd have scored 3 goals. Of course on that basis we'd have lost 23-3 but all the same.

It was a good defensive performance in the 1st half but overall our play was poor, sometimes embarrassingly so. We made Chelsea look better than they actually are, just like we did at Spurs.

I'm a Roy fan but I agree with those who say his system is too rigid, even when we play the lower teams. Like most I struggle to understand how we can sign a more attacking midfielder like Camarasa but not play him, do Hodgson and Freedman actually discuss these things?

Currently the only players starting that were signed under Freedman's current job are Guiata, Cahill, Kouyate and Ayew. Of course this has a lot to do with the transfer budget but you have to wonder what the plan is other than firefighting each season.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:51 PM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Eaglefoz

How come Palace are the 6th best side in 2019 if we are playing so badly and Roy is doing such a bad job.

Go figure ?
Not saying that, Iam saying that it is the most boring PalCe team tactics since P Taylor. It is shit to watch. I stopped going in Taylor's reign, came back after he left and sm now bored silly again and considering if I want a season ticket next year if surrender football is all Ihave to come for.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:59 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
Sorry HD, RH never takes the shackles off. If we win it will be a fluke win by 1 goal. It will not be exciting.just as likely to lose.
6th so far in the prem for the whole of 2019. Total fluke?
Old 10-11-2019, 04:04 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
6th so far in the prem for the whole of 2019. Total fluke?
How many of those wins were by more than 1 goal, how many of those goals were fluke. How many points did we deserve. How shit is the football we are playing.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:06 PM

Oh and how many more points could we have won with a slightly more attacking mindset instead of throwing subs on for the last 5 minutes of a game when already being behind for most of the game.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:27 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
Oh and how many more points could we have won with a slightly more attacking mindset instead of throwing subs on for the last 5 minutes of a game when already being behind for most of the game.
You’re right mate. We’d be top.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:51 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
From this evening's programme:

Chapman: ...move on from handballs and VAR. Err the first good thing - Liverpool's midfield three.

Shearer: Ohh when you look at midfielders, what do you want from the perfect MILF... midfielder's performance...
Old 11-11-2019, 03:56 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-11-2019, 06:36 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Of course this has a lot to do with the transfer budget but you have to wonder what the plan is other than firefighting each season.
I honestly don't think that there is one. I think the theory is that the longer we stay up, the more likely we are to establish ourselves in the Premier League.

There is certainly an argument that you are only as good as your manager. After Hodgson's first 20 games here, we have never looked in any real danger of going down. And then look at Leicester and Man Utd for example. Leicester bring in a very good manager and are doing very well. Man Utd bring in a bloke that failed at Cardiff, and they're doing fairly shit.

Holloway, out of his depth - we were shit.
Pulis, good manager at this level - miraculous survival.
Warnock, not good enough for this level - we were probably going down.
Pardew, idiot - amazing at first, awful in the long run.
Allardyce, good manager at this level - did his job very well.
FdB - only 4 games but it wasn't going to work.
Hodgson, good manager at this level - a fantastic turnaround.

Whilst Hodgson is here it might not be the prettiest football (it also isn't as bad as some make out), then our chances of relegation with even a small transfer budget are very slim. That is how I think Parish sees this.

As for the longer term though, given Roy's age... I don't know. In fairness, football just doesn't seem very long term at all.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:45 AM
Ex Addiscombe

Penshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePenshaw Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
MOTD2 were in total wan*fest mode last night with both the bindippers and manure winning. Embarrassing to watch.

On Facebook

Crystal Palace North East - Scotland, The Highlands & Islands exiles

https://www.facebook.com/CrystalPala...EastSupporters

or on Twitter

CPFC_NORTH_EAST
@NE_Palace_Fans
Old 23-11-2019, 10:20 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
A meaningless mid-table clash to open MotD tonight?
Old 23-11-2019, 11:11 PM
I'm not divorced

Weeds asking for opposing players shirts again
Old 23-11-2019, 11:16 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Outrageous dive by Maupay.
Old 23-11-2019, 11:27 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Weeds asking for opposing players shirts again
Don't, there was someone at the front of the main stand today holding a 'Salah can I have your shirt' banner today
Old 23-11-2019, 11:33 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
If Wilf leaves and Watford go down, get Deulofeu.
Old 23-11-2019, 11:33 PM

CPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Don't, there was someone at the front of the main stand today holding a 'Salah can I have your shirt' banner today
Steve Parish?
Old 23-11-2019, 11:38 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
People at the front of the Whitehorse shaking hands with Ox-C and Henderson
Old 23-11-2019, 11:40 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
‘Burnley are so dangerous at set pieces.’

Yeah, I’m not worried about next week in the slightest
Old 23-11-2019, 11:49 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
People at the front of the Whitehorse shaking hands with Ox-C and Henderson
Kids, enjoying seeing and interacting with top players

What's wrong with that?