Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 23-10-2019, 10:30 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by che12345 View Post
Bloody hell Tomario is on fire. My parkrun PB is something like 16.25 at Victoria Docks so I am very much in danger of losing my reputation as the fastest on here! Which is fair enough cos my form is pretty poor this last year and it's refreshing for someone else to take over the mantle
Cheers Che, would still love to get close to your marathon time though.

Have heard Victoria Docks is fast. Still stand by my claim, Battersea Park is the place to set a fast road 5km
Old 24-10-2019, 12:59 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Battersea would be faster than Victoria Docks agree, pancake flat. More so than say Dulwich park which (as I can testify after doing 18 laps there last Sunday) does have very slight gradients.

Vic Docks is fast just let down by two 180 degree switchbacks. Pity there is no parkrun in Battersea.
Old 24-10-2019, 03:56 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Battersea would be faster than Victoria Docks agree, pancake flat. More so than say Dulwich park which (as I can testify after doing 18 laps there last Sunday) does have very slight gradients.

Vic Docks is fast just let down by two 180 degree switchbacks. Pity there is no parkrun in Battersea.
I saw you doing laps, after I got back from my Sunday run ( a very easy 15 miler). What marathon are you training for?

The slight gradient in Dulwich park is a killer by the third lap of a parkrun, let alone after multiple laps.

As for Battersea Parkrun, it would come the most popular parkrun in the country, thankfully the have the Sri Chimnoy series in the summer
Old 25-10-2019, 11:46 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I haven't run much since my half-marathon because it really did my hamstrings in. Turns out my calves aren't toned enough so that puts pressure on the hamstrings/backside/back.

Ideally I want to avoid the gym but does anyone have any tips on easy-ish ways to tone calves that are quite practical to do at home?
Not at home, and more committed runners than me will say it's suicidal for goal orientated training plans, but playing football once a week will sort your calves out. Think of it as cross training.
"And for the old, Brexit might well rid the country's care homes of Eastern European workers, but no blond blue eyed university graduate is going to come and wipe your arse or listen to your stories of the war you never fought in."

adrenalin john 17/05/19

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=245
Old 25-10-2019, 01:15 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomario View Post
I saw you doing laps, after I got back from my Sunday run ( a very easy 15 miler). What marathon are you training for?

The slight gradient in Dulwich park is a killer by the third lap of a parkrun, let alone after multiple laps.

As for Battersea Parkrun, it would come the most popular parkrun in the country, thankfully the have the Sri Chimnoy series in the summer
New York marathon. Will be mine (and Michael Stewart, now a 2nd claim strider) last six star marathon, hurrah.

Yes Battersea as a parkrun would be incredibly popular. I did one of the Sri Chimnoy's this year, my one and only sub 17 of the year alas
Old 25-10-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
New York marathon. Will be mine (and Michael Stewart, now a 2nd claim strider) last six star marathon, hurrah.

Yes Battersea as a parkrun would be incredibly popular. I did one of the Sri Chimnoy's this year, my one and only sub 17 of the year alas
Sub 17, still not bad. Set my pb there this year.

As for marathons majors, starting that misson next year, with london and Berlin
Old 30-10-2019, 01:03 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i have been stopped in my tracks by an UN diagnosed knee problem....

knee originally diagnosed as arthritic 5 years ago, 2 years later it had progressed and i was told by a surgeon who operated on my knee for meniscus problem that id never run again; i could run without pain so i ignored that advice!!

now its sore again and ive had another x ray, result not in; however im convinced this isnt arthritic related , with my coach saying it could be "patella tendinitis", which ive not heard of before ,awaiting info from my physio on that,anyone on here heard of it?

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 30-10-2019, 02:00 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
On Monday, I thought I'd got a bit of really painful cramp.

It was still hurting yesterday unfortunately, and started fearing the worst. I did a very gentle 2.5km this morning which hurt a bit, but has now eased off. I'll probably give it another day rest and then back on it on Friday.
Old 16-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Bump.

I did my first parkrun for four months this morning

The conditions underfoot were horrific. It was so muddy everywhere (not surprisingly) so was even slower than I would have been anyway.

My watch ran out of battery 3/4 of the way through, but on 10 minutes charge that's pretty decent.

I think I ran about 29 minutes ish, which is fine as I wasn't after a quick time, just wanted to get round and do so without falling over.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 16-11-2019, 11:23 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Well done Woosie. Get some good trail shoes for the winter runs. My course is a giant slippy slide without them.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 16-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Not sure any shoes would have coped with the mud at Riddlesdown to be honest!

Time was 27:55 which is great

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 16-11-2019, 05:02 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Any news on the Christmas?New Year schedule at the local Parkruns yet? Local for me being Banstead, Riddlesdown, Roundshaw etc?
Old 16-11-2019, 08:58 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom's Old Man View Post
Any news on the Christmas?New Year schedule at the local Parkruns yet? Local for me being Banstead, Riddlesdown, Roundshaw etc?

Try To view the link you have to Register or Login will get updated as well.

Also congratulations to Che on a great time in the New York marathon.

Slowly coming back myself after a back injury which is improving slowly.

I did Ifield parkrun today I will say there are better ones - narrow paths and runners coming back the other way on those paths. 5 dead u turns - 1 small lap and 2 larger laps.
Old 16-11-2019, 10:03 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Good to see you that you are running again Pete
Old 16-11-2019, 10:05 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Good to see you that you are running again Pete

Thank you mate
Old 17-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post

I did Ifield parkrun today I will say there are better ones - narrow paths and runners coming back the other way on those paths. 5 dead u turns - 1 small lap and 2 larger laps.
Cheers!
Old 17-11-2019, 06:23 PM

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Try this instead Tom as link didnít work
Old 17-11-2019, 06:54 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
I got a place to do the Cambridge Half Marathon again in March. Have done very little running since the summer so I really need to get some miles in my legs in the next 3 months....
Old 19-11-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post

Thanks Pete. Not really a PB type course on the whole so was happy with the time bearing in mind 7 weeks out injured in the build up.
Old 19-11-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Not sure any shoes would have coped with the mud at Riddlesdown to be honest!

Time was 27:55 which is great
Cross country spikes would be the best option.

I meant to do Riddlesdown in the summer until I got injured. Bearing mind I am not a good cross country runner I'd only do Riddlesdown in summer when the ground is nice and solid, and not much mud around the place!