Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 14-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
I'd give the team that played most of the last game first dibs, except Upson for Carragher.

Green
Johnson Terry Upson Cole
Lennon Lampard Gerrard SWP
Heskey Rooney

They're going to be ultra-defensive, so need pace out wide to pin back the full-backs.
Old 14-06-2010, 09:59 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
Things are very physical and competitive at this level so i'm not sure you can have Lennon on one flank and J Cole on the other, its just too lightweight. We've got desperate trouble at the back without Ferdinand and King. We have to pick from Carracher, Dawson or Upson who are not World Cup winning material in any way shape or form.
Its unbelievable Heskey is playing but he did play well the other day, for him so i reckon there is zero chance he will be dropped.

We will qualify from this group but if we don't win the group we'll play Germany and i doubt very much we'll get past them. We need two good wins as America showed they are more than capable of getting two themselves.
Old 16-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
So Fabio says Barry starts, but he doesnt know whether Heskey or Defoe will play
Old 16-06-2010, 01:37 PM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Green

Johnson - Terry - Dawson - A Cole

Barry

Lampard - Gerrard

Lennon - Rooney - J Cole
Old 16-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Rooney's effectiveness was hampered by the fact he kept dropping deep to get the ball against USA. I want to see him playing a high line against Algeria. Whether or not this means dropping Heskey I don't know...
Old 16-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
^^ if he plays Defoe which he said he is considering then it will be the same thing surely as Defoe will be playing off the last man and Rooney will be slightly deeper
Old 16-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
^^ if he plays Defoe which he said he is considering then it will be the same thing surely as Defoe will be playing off the last man and Rooney will be slightly deeper
True. But difference is Defoe is a goalscorer.

Last edited by EagleSE24; 16-06-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 16-06-2010, 02:05 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi
Things are very physical and competitive at this level so i'm not sure you can have Lennon on one flank and J Cole on the other, its just too lightweight.
I don't understand this - why do we have to have an 18 stone brute in every position?

A fair number of the players that have an impact in international tournaments, especially on the wing or in attacking positions aren't the biggest, and the attributes you look for in wingers are pace and mobility, not weight.

Werner Herzog
Old 16-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Shake it Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24
True. But difference is Defoe is a goalscorer.
Aslong as we create chances so he can score 2 of the 10 chances he has

(Yeah I dont like Defoe)
Old 16-06-2010, 03:21 PM
amore sui terrazzi

Sandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Barry playing, rumour also of Defoe for Heskey

Any views expressed are my own, not of my employer.

It is football banter!
Old 19-06-2010, 09:18 AM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
All Fab had to do was login here for my team and he'd have been fine