Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 23-03-2005, 07:58 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Eaglesmad1
Anybody?
No. you need a memory stick pro duo. They are currently going for around 100 on ebay IIRC.
Old 23-03-2005, 08:05 PM

congress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got a Sandisk 512mb card for mine delivered from SIngapore on Ebay for about 38 all in.
Old 23-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Non T-Total

Lion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just noticed you can now play the games online - sweet!
Old 23-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Non T-Total

Lion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
But not on my connection setup
Old 23-03-2005, 10:04 PM

Shane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Eaglesmad1
What is this, and what does it do?

I'm planning on getting a PSP soon, but wanted a 1GB memory stick with it, and not sure where to get it from!
This utility allows you to convert video clips into a format that is playable on a PSP.

I have tried it myself and it works brilliantly. You can convert a 2hr film down to about 400mb - which looks fantastic on the PSP.

IMHO, it sort of makes the UMD movies a little redundant as you can rip a DVD into this format without TOO much difficulty.
Old 23-03-2005, 10:15 PM

Shane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell

can you (and if so how) download DIVX files to the PSP and play them ?
Alan you need to convert the files into Sony's own proprietary format first. It is Mpeg4 but I can't remember what the actual format is called.

For reference, I managed to convert a 950MB file (approx 2hr DIVX file) into the PSP format in about 50mins. At the end, the file was 400MB in size and was of fantastic quality. I used the encoder setting:-

QVGA/15fps/384kbps stereo/64kbps

After you have finished using the file converter, you need to rename the file to M4V00001.MP4 (not sure why??) and place it in the following location on your memory card:-

Removable Disk/MP_ROOT/101MNV01/M4V00001.MP4

Once here, you will then be able to play it using the Video Player on the PSP.

Like I said in my other post, using this really does make film UMD's a little redundant in my opinion......
Old 23-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Non T-Total

So what kind of memory card do you have Shane? a 1gig?
Old 23-03-2005, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lion
So what kind of memory card do you have Shane? a 1gig?
I have a 512MB SanDisk Memory Sick Pro Duo card.

I only have the game saves and one film on it at any one time. I don't use it for MP3's so 512MB is more than enough space for my needs at the moment.

I bought it off a trader on Ebay (link below).

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-03-2005, 12:19 AM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Excellent - cheers Shane.

Make sure you bring it Saturday week, so I can have a look at it

I've done a quick reccy round the internet tonight to catch up on feedback and specs and have already decided I want one !

It'll be very handy for (as well as games of course) watching TV converted stuff on the move

Anyone know if you get clobbered by high import duties if you use Lik-Sang ?
Old 24-03-2005, 09:00 AM

In the past, Lik-sang have been pretty good on import duty on stuff I have ordered. They tend to mark the value of the item down if you ask them to.

Play-asia on the other hand....

Play-asia are a great site but they don't seem as flexible on marking stuff down as other sites.
Old 24-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
The Lik Sang deal with the value pack is not far under 200.

I've seen one or two UK deals including Ridge Racers for about 225-230, so I think it may well be better to stick with one of those.

What's the video quality like, watching on the PSP screen ?
Old 24-03-2005, 10:33 AM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Palace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS Murray
Re: Sony PSP

Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
Anyone else seen the PSP yet? Just seen one up and running and it looks class. Think i might preorder one!
I got one from a guy in London on Ebay for 210, and it is superb. Gig memory stick duo too, so I can put films on it. The only down side is the trouble you have to go to to put films onto the memory stick.

Have 6/7 more games on the way which I will report back on later.

Go here for some great info:

Putting Videos on Memory Stick duo

Stockport (A) Year 2001

Last edited by Palace Don; 24-03-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old 24-03-2005, 10:46 AM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Palace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS MurrayPalace Don FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally posted by Shane
I have a 512MB SanDisk Memory Sick Pro Duo card.

I only have the game saves and one film on it at any one time. I don't use it for MP3's so 512MB is more than enough space for my needs at the moment.

I bought it off a trader on Ebay (link below).

The cheapest place I have found for 1 Gig Memeory Stick Duo SAN disks are mx2.com

Stockport (A) Year 2001
Old 24-03-2005, 05:03 PM

Sony have just released a firmware update to the JAP Version of the PSP.

You can download the file from here:-

"Once downloaded, simply put the file in the "Game" folder on the PSP and run. The update changes the following:

-- Support for German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese and Russian languages

-- Support to retain screen mode settings (For video stored on Memory Stick)

-- Support to allow resume play after recovery from sleep mode (For video stored on Memory Stick)

-- Support to allow resume play of audio tracks after recovery from sleep mode.

Please note that the update will not run if you have less than 50% remaining battery life and it's recommended to connect a power supply while charging." (Source-PS2forums)

I think you may need to create the folders it mentions above yourself - depending on whether they are already there or not.

Last edited by Shane; 24-03-2005 at 05:10 PM.
Old 24-03-2005, 05:52 PM

Lion and anybody else who has a PSP, make sure you check this out:-

I might have a go of the demo version myself when I get a chance. From what I have been reading though, it is supposed to be better and more intuitive than Sony's own Software.
Old 24-03-2005, 07:40 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
these two sites seem to have cheap 1gb memory sticks, but unfortunately out of stock at the moment...

Old 24-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Non T-Total

Shane - Have you done the update? Surely I can just do a firmware update via the wireless networking option?
Old 24-03-2005, 10:35 PM

Lion, yes I did the update without any problem.

I suspect you may be right in what you are saying and probably can do it via a wireless link. Not sure how though??

To do it, I Connected my PSP to my PC via USB and enabled USB mode on the PSP.

Then I browsed to the removable drive that's appeared & opened the 'PSP' folder. As the was already a game directory in there already, I opened that folder and created a new 'UPDATE' directory. I then copied the update file into there.

Finally, I browsed to the memory stick option under 'GAME' in the main menu of the PSP and the update appeared.

Be warned though, the PSP needs to be powered from mains during the upgrade.
Old 24-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Brass Member

brasstooth is loud, is proud, is Palacebrasstooth is loud, is proud, is Palacebrasstooth is loud, is proud, is Palacebrasstooth is loud, is proud, is Palacebrasstooth is loud, is proud, is Palacebrasstooth is loud, is proud, is Palacebrasstooth is loud, is proud, is Palacebrasstooth is loud, is proud, is Palace
updated mine via wireless no problems
Old 25-03-2005, 10:35 AM
chemical olympics

humpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Shane
Lion and anybody else who has a PSP, make sure you check this out:-

I might have a go of the demo version myself when I get a chance. From what I have been reading though, it is supposed to be better and more intuitive than Sony's own Software.

i just downloaded and installed the demo, having many problems with it, it says it cant find my PSP on drive D (drive d is my DVD rom), then i try to cancel and it wont let me, then after repeated cancel presses it finally pops up but tells me that an error has been detected, do you want to continue, i click yes but thats it, the only thing i can seem to access is the "buy full version" function

just updated to firmware version 1.50 on my PSP though

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens