Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:49 PM

krackers is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowskrackers is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowskrackers is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowskrackers is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowskrackers is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowskrackers is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowskrackers is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowskrackers is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowskrackers is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowskrackers is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowskrackers is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
AJ MAKING ALL THE RIGHT SOUNDS I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

AJ: We can be champs Aug 5 2005

By James Gill

ANDREW Johnson is looking to score the goals that take Crystal Palace back to the Premiership - and the striker to the World Cup.

Johnson signed a bumper five year deal this week after learning he can still travel to Germany with England next summer following a season in the Championship.

But in order to do that Johnson knows he needs to keep on scoring. "There is not a shadow of doubt that we will go up this season," said Johnson. "We have a great squad and a great atmosphere. The boys are tremendous. I don't see why we can't get in the top six early doors, like the top two or three, and stay there all season."

Johnson admits that by signing the new contract he can now focus on doing what he does best: scoring goals. The star striker has netted 68 times in 118 competitive appearances at Palace, including 21 in the Premiership last season. No wonder the forward is brimming with confidence.

"I wanted to go into the season with a clear head," said the England international. "I know what I am doing, I know exactly what I have to strive to do and I know the ball is in my court. I just have to go out, put in the performances and score the goals. Hopefully in nine or 10 months time we are talking as champions."

Johnson had sought a move away from Selhurst Park earlier in the summer, fearing a season spent outside the top flight would hamper his prospects of World Cup football. But that changed once England coach Sven Goran Eriksson saw Johnson in action against West Ham United last Saturday. Simon Jordan met the phlegmatic Swede, who assured the Eagles chairman that Johnson could still go to Germany while playing at Palace.

"I saw him in the crowd and he left literally two minutes after I came off," said Johnson. "It could only have been good news. If he wasn't interested in me, then why would he be there on Saturday? I would like to see him at a few games this season. It is all down to me to crack on and score the goals I know I am capable of doing."

Johnson will be spurred on this season by Palace's passionate support, who were delighted that their beloved striker decided to extend his stay. "The fans have been brilliant for three years - this is going into my fourth season - and I have five more left," he said. "I am around for a long time. The fans have always been superb, as I say, and hopefully they will give us all a good reception. We need them behind us to get off to a good start. After Luton we have Wolves and Norwich. That is a very hard start and if we can get nine points we are off to a flier."

To achieve that, Palace must start with victory over Luton. It is well known that Palace boss Iain Dowie made his name at the Hatters, while full-back Emmerson Boyce spent six happy years at Kenilworth Road. Fewer know that Luton showed Johnson the door as a schoolboy. At a time when the player has surely never felt more wanted, Johnson will end the week facing the club who rejected him as a teenager. "I was there as a schoolboy and they didn't offer me any forms," he said. "I left there, went to Birmingham and then Palace. It is a strange one. This will be the first time I have played against Luton in a competitive match since I left the club."

Of course, Johnson is happy now. Delighted in fact. Few players enjoy such a positive relationship with manager, coaching staff, club-mates and chairman. "The gaffer has been fantastic and the chairman has been good to me by rewarding me with a new contract," he said. "I have never had a problem with anyone here, and the new boys that have come in have mixed in straight away. We have a top bunch of lads here and under the gaffer and the coaching staff I am sure I can only improve myself."

Among the new crop of players is Jon Macken. Johnson and Macken have shown signs of forging a fine relationship on the field, while becoming fast friends off it; Macken spent much of the pre-season tour of Germany with Johnson, Danny Butterfield and Mark Hudson. "He is a top man," said Johnson. "In Germany he hung around with the crew, such as me, Butts and Huds. We pulled him in early doors. We have also made Darren Ward and Jobi McAnuff welcome too. We have a great bunch of lads, it is a great atmosphere and I cannot wait for tomorrow."

Johnson added: "There have been lots of things going around my head over the last month or two. Obviously there has been speculation, which I have been flattered about. But I just want to put it behind me now, crack on with the season and try and get Palace back up into the Premiership, which is where we belong."

* Aki Riihilahti is the only absentee for the visit of Luton. The Finland international is still recovering a strained calf. Danny Granville played in the midweek friendly defeat with Crawley, but Gary Borrowdale is likely to start at left-back. McAnuff and Macken will make their competitive debuts, but Hudson could keep Ward out of the side.

Crystal Palace (4-4-2): Kiraly; Boyce, Borrowdale, Hall, Hudson; McAnuff, Soares, Watson, Hughes; Macken, Johnson. Subs from: Speroni, Fray, Popovic, Granville, Ward, Danze, Leigertwood, Kolkka, Freedman, Andrews.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by krackers
"I just want to put it behind me now, crack on with the season and try and get Palace back up into the Premiership, which is where we belong."
I you AJ.

Almost as much as I love Dougie ...
Old 05-08-2005, 12:54 PM

Eaglette lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnEaglette lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnEaglette lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnEaglette lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnEaglette lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnEaglette lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnEaglette lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnEaglette lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnEaglette lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnEaglette lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnEaglette lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Bring it on! Can't wait for tomorrow!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Apologies if this has been mentioned already, if it hasn't i'm also sorry for mentioning it.

With AJ signing this new contract, has any body else thought that this may just be the very thing AJ needed to do to enhance his chances of moving??

When AJ is playing he is gonna be worth every penny of the 20k - 25k (depending on which paper youu read) but if he was to turn round and say, i'm gonna go on strike till you sell me then it would be a serious waste of our precious funds.

Now before he signed this contract, striking was not an option but now he's on 5mil over 5 years, SJ won't pay him that for going on strike, therfore he will have no choice but to agree to a move.

I know it's all just pure speculation but if his agent is as greedy as SJ makes out then it wouldn't surprise me if this has been mentioned to AJ by him.

Just a thought!!
Old 10-08-2005, 12:49 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If he went 'on strike' Jordan would not pay him, so i think it's irrelevant. I still think we should have sold him, however, as he does not want to be here, and money won't alter that.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:56 PM

nomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Eaglette
Bring it on! Can't wait for tomorrow!
Oh dear, those words will come back to haunt you. By all accounts, we were terrible (I was on holiday so missed the game).
Old 17-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
just in case anyone was still worried about Seville....

13:52 17Aug2005 RTRS-Soccer-Striker Kanoute signs four-year deal with Sevilla

MADRID, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Sevilla have signed Mali striker Frederic Kanoute on a four-year contract from Tottenham Hotspur for a fee of 6.5 million euros ($8 million), the Primera Liga club said on Wednesday.
The 27-year-old, who joined Spurs in August 2003 from West Ham United, will compete with Argentine striker Javier Saviola and Brazilian forward Luis Fabiano for a place in the Sevilla attack.
Sevilla finished sixth last season to earn themselves a place in the UEFA Cup for the second year in succession.
Old 17-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Banned by Moderators

007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen007 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally posted by Shoreditch CPFC
just in case anyone was still worried about Seville....

13:52 17Aug2005 RTRS-Soccer-Striker Kanoute signs four-year deal with Sevilla

MADRID, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Sevilla have signed Mali striker Frederic Kanoute on a four-year contract from Tottenham Hotspur for a fee of 6.5 million euros ($8 million), the Primera Liga club said on Wednesday.
The 27-year-old, who joined Spurs in August 2003 from West Ham United, will compete with Argentine striker Javier Saviola and Brazilian forward Luis Fabiano for a place in the Sevilla attack.
Sevilla finished sixth last season to earn themselves a place in the UEFA Cup for the second year in succession.

i'll say it because someone is bound to

that leaves spurs with more money to buy aj
Old 25-08-2005, 08:54 PM
everything is possible!!!

selhurstsian is playing for a contract
excuse me but that was my ex boyfriend posting i would neaver say that as my dad okay.....i am a sweet girl like i would post that.....i can't belive my ex boyfriend would do that but hey
Old 25-08-2005, 08:55 PM
everything is possible!!!

selhurstsian is playing for a contract
sorry i really am sorry for what someone wrote on my name
Old 25-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
What did he post?