Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 25-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I can't imagine any of the web-based retailers taking anything other than pre-orders.
Old 25-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
my pre-order on amazon still says 2nd dec
Old 26-11-2005, 11:18 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil
I can't imagine any of the web-based retailers taking anything other than pre-orders.
you'd think that wouldn't you

Though I have an order confirmation for delivery on November 30th from a UK retailer, mwa ha ha ha ha !!!! I placed the order this week.

Though obviously I wont get it, but when I ring up and complain, say I had to take a day off to wait in and this I reckon could bump me up the list and ensure one on release day.

Old 26-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just been in Croydon and surprised they don't have any demo units up

Last edited by Neil; 26-11-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 26-11-2005, 11:59 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Oxted Woolworths are taking pre-orders I think. My brother got a confirmation through that he'd get his on the day of release, and that was after ordering it on Monday. You have to pay for the whole thing in one go, which can be a bit difficult I guess, but you definately get it.
I asked again in my local woolies, they even had a sign up to say you could preorder it. I was told that sign should've been taken down months ago, they will not be getting any stock to the branches and no internet preorders remained. She was the manager of the audio/visual department. I'd at least speak to a manager before handing over any money. Although to be fair, I do live in BFE so perhaps they have a different policy for bigger branches nearer London.

Last edited by paf; 26-11-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 26-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by John.K
To view the link you have to Register or Login might be worth a look
Forget Play.Com.

Just spoken to them re this and availability for next week.

Was told that they are only getting 50 sets!!!! They already have thousands of Internet Orders. I feel that they should put a message on their site!!!

Microsoft also told them that their next delivery would be February!!!!

Happy hunting folks, I'm in the same boat.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 26-11-2005, 02:17 PM
On a final warning

dodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Ollie
im thinking of going to france, anyone think this is a good idea? ? Anyone speak french on this site?
Old 26-11-2005, 09:14 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
order mine the day I could, found on Friday that I'm getting mine on release day finally got some benefits has this job!
Old 27-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Exploring....

Quote:
Originally posted by dodge_bond
im thinking of going to france, anyone think this is a good idea? ? Anyone speak french on this site?
It will be no different to over here.
Old 27-11-2005, 12:57 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by CoolHandFlex
I have yesterday finally received a letter from Game telling me that I will receive a console on launch day. I was of course delighted.

I then opened up the pamphlet and towards the back are details of the bundles they are offering. The cheapest is the 360 plus Condemned plus 2 of my choice for 410. They also do a 5 game pack (Condemned + 4) or get this - a 10 game pack for something silly like 770.

I thought "thats ok I will just get the 360 on its own and maybe go for 1 or 2 games (they are 50 each after all). The manager in Game has just told me that his head office are probably going to be pretty strict on these bundles and so, if you refuse to buy the min pack of 410, you get your deposit back and the 360 is given to the next person in the queue.
I'm hoping that 410 pack comes with more than just Condemned and 2 other games, because otherwise that's 130 for 3 games...
Old 27-11-2005, 01:41 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
150 retail thou......
Old 27-11-2005, 03:21 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Game need all the money they can get, and this is a good way of doing it I'm afraid. If the 360 wasn't so under supplied they wouldn't do it, but they know they can flog every single 360 they're getting for 410 min. Now they can moan about no more new consoles until the PS3 which again will be under supplied and they can rip off another round of customers.
Old 27-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
I'm going to leave it until at least early next year because (a) you'll actually be able to get one and (b) they'll be cheaper
Old 27-11-2005, 03:47 PM
iMember

Reps, the only place they'll be cheaper is Ebay and those stores who rip you off with packages, you won't see any price change in the actual console until the PS3 at the earliest!
Old 27-11-2005, 04:11 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by disco mixx kidd
150 retail thou......
Comet's bundle is 70 for two games - although the games are preset by them... we'll see about that on Friday though...
Old 27-11-2005, 06:40 PM

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
are the games region coded?

dvdboxoffice.com (a superb canadian site) is doin most games for 30 quid approx and games not out here til next year are available now.

i know xbox games were supposed to be region coded but most games released in the last year in thr uk have played fine on my us xbox.

so what games is eveyone after ??

for me most haves are

pdz
pgr3

then if im lucky

call of duty 2
quake 4
ridge racer

then games i wouldnt mind

fifa
tiger woods
condemned

have i missed anything?

Last edited by disco mixx kidd; 27-11-2005 at 06:45 PM.
Old 27-11-2005, 06:41 PM

need for speed i suppose.........
Old 27-11-2005, 06:44 PM

king kong...........

most wanted

ghost recon short term
halo 3 long term
Old 27-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Sweating bullets

palacefan4life is playing for a contract
It'll be worth waiting till Jan or Feb for this i reckon. Demand won't be so high so you're less likely to get ripped off and it's not like the launch line-up is that great anyway bar C.O.D and PDZ.
Old 27-11-2005, 09:18 PM
iMember

I'm looking at PDZ and PG3. COD2 is looking quite handy but I can't afford it