Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 26-08-2006, 11:40 AM

etu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Stead and Akinbyi, jesus christ. I know Taylor wants another striker but he's really scraping the barrel if this is true.
Old 26-08-2006, 11:40 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
oh dear
Old 26-08-2006, 11:45 AM

yourname00 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyourname00 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyourname00 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyourname00 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyourname00 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyourname00 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyourname00 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyourname00 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyourname00 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyourname00 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyourname00 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don't think we need to be desperate for another Striker. We have 3 very decent Strikers and Macken that can still do some sort of job. And we're often playing with one up front. No point bringing in someone that isn't going to be better than what we've got.
Old 26-08-2006, 12:01 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
So Taylor states that he is after a, in his words "very good striker" who he will spedn big money on if necessary, and this leads to Jon Stead? A man who hasn't scored a goal in around 3 years? Yeah, ok ......

As with most of rumours posted in this forum, I take this with several truckloads of salt.
Old 26-08-2006, 12:44 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Friskey
We've asked about Nugent and McLeod but Preston and MK Dons want too much money. So because were desperate for another striker were having to sign Stead, I would prefer to wait until January and see whos available then but thats not going to happen. He will sign unless Preston or MK Dons lower there price beforeThursday (and I dont think Nugent would want to come to us anyway) But hopefully if we do have to sign Stead he will play like he did when he first went to Blackburn and smash in a load of goals, cant see it myself though. I would much prefer one of the other 2 players mentioned or even Gregg Halford who can play up front if needs be.
Friskey, I'm not having a pop at you here (or indeed the other posters whose rumor I'm about to mention), but some of the contradictory rumors flying around do seem a little strange.

For example, you mention that we are after Stead as McLeod (among others) was too expensive. Elsewhere however, it has been posted that a deal for McLeod for "considerably less money than mentioned" has been agreed as a fallback position if first choice targets don't come off.

By defenition surely both of these can't be accurate?. I'm not criticising anyone here, as I'm sure everyone who has posted a rumor has done so in good faith based on information they have received. It does make it very hard to work out what really is going on though !

Last edited by Jason; 26-08-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 26-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
don't forget that you are rating Stead based on his performances in the Prem with Blackburn. I cannot remember who he played for, but, Stead was qute better in the lower leagues.
Let's not judge before...

a) the player signs
b) We have seen him play for Palace.
Old 26-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Right turn Clyde

MUNKYNUFF scanned the skies with rainbow eyesMUNKYNUFF scanned the skies with rainbow eyesMUNKYNUFF scanned the skies with rainbow eyesMUNKYNUFF scanned the skies with rainbow eyesMUNKYNUFF scanned the skies with rainbow eyesMUNKYNUFF scanned the skies with rainbow eyesMUNKYNUFF scanned the skies with rainbow eyesMUNKYNUFF scanned the skies with rainbow eyesMUNKYNUFF scanned the skies with rainbow eyesMUNKYNUFF scanned the skies with rainbow eyesMUNKYNUFF scanned the skies with rainbow eyes
It seems unlikely to me that Jordan and Taylor would spend alot of money on these players especially bad- buy.. But perhaps these are names that would bandied about if we couldn't get anyone better and wanted some back up. I.e Perhaps they are being considered as loan deals rather than permanent buys..
Old 26-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Life,the name of the game

Barcaeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcaeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcaeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcaeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcaeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcaeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcaeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcaeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcaeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcaeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarcaeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Past performance is not an indication of the Future ...

Whoever we sign ..surely like in investments such as stocks and shares ¨Past performance is not an indication of what might happen in the future¨.... Infact this has been proven time and time again in football.

A different team ... a different manager ... Different supporters ... we should give everyone who signs for our club a chance.

We Palace fans are a fickle bunch ... Kill ém off before they start !!

Good luck to whom we sign !!

Eagles
Old 26-08-2006, 01:26 PM

bosko is playing for a contract
i heard mcloud was on his way to palace.
Old 26-08-2006, 05:09 PM

gabors tracky's gabors tracky's gabors tracky's gabors tracky's gabors tracky's gabors tracky's gabors tracky's gabors tracky's gabors tracky's gabors tracky's gabors tracky's
Will people stop saying, 'Oh dear he's shit' etc, how many of you have seen him, studied him for a whole game, a minority, for •••• sake, he's better than all of you lot put to gether, i bet half of you signed the Scowcroft petition.

Well i hope he does sign and bags 20 goals for us this season, and hope it wipes the smug faces off all of you.
Old 26-08-2006, 05:19 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We need target man cover. If Scowcroft get's injured we've taken an enormous stride backwards in terms of the team shape improvements that have taken us near the top of the table. If he isn't the only striker we sign and he's dirt cheap it might not be too bad. As Scowcroft doesn't score often enough though I would have prefered a goal scoring target man coming in with JS as cover. That combined with a goalscoring midfielder would leave me not too bothered with CM/DF in the "little number 10" position.
Old 26-08-2006, 05:26 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
he,s a good player,but doesn,t score enough goals.
Old 26-08-2006, 05:28 PM

lyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situations
to be fair akinbiyi was never fit, nor was he given a real chance here.
i would welcome a loan move.(i realise i am in a 1 person minority, so go easy on me!)
Old 26-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Samurai Pie Master

Walrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by lyrical_g
to be fair akinbiyi was never fit, nor was he given a real chance here.
i would welcome a loan move.(i realise i am in a 1 person minority, so go easy on me!)
It's a slightly bigger minority than you might think
Old 26-08-2006, 06:14 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I would prefer Emma Peel.....
Old 26-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Plastered!

AJ'sLoveMonkey AJ'sLoveMonkey AJ'sLoveMonkey AJ'sLoveMonkey AJ'sLoveMonkey AJ'sLoveMonkey AJ'sLoveMonkey AJ'sLoveMonkey AJ'sLoveMonkey AJ'sLoveMonkey AJ'sLoveMonkey
Quote:
Originally posted by Walrus
It's a slightly bigger minority than you might think
Exactly
Old 26-08-2006, 06:22 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
akinbiyi was the best visiting striker i saw at selhust last year .
Old 26-08-2006, 06:22 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by gabors tracky's
Will people stop saying, 'Oh dear he's shit' etc, how many of you have seen him, studied him for a whole game, a minority, for •••• sake, he's better than all of you lot put to gether, i bet half of you signed the Scowcroft petition.

Well i hope he does sign and bags 20 goals for us this season, and hope it wipes the smug faces off all of you.
He's a striker who doesn't score goals. He had one good half season at Blackburn where he scored a few, then promptly dried up. Sunderland signed him, thinking he would rediscover his form and he rewarded them by not scoring a single goal.

This would be Macken part two, IMHO and would be an insane signing. I'd much, much prefer us to get Mcleod in over this turkey.
Old 26-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by philsick
akinbiyi was the best visiting striker i saw at selhust last year .
? yes he did so well missing those chances...

BTW I dont see Stead coming here in a million years (hopes)
Old 26-08-2006, 07:06 PM

Aaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought Akinbayi's first touch had improved a lot when he visited Selhurst last year, and he did seem pretty energetic when he played for Sheffield United last season. But what are the odds of him wanting to return to Palace? Playing for Palace was probably the most miserable experiance of his career, the fans wouldn't give him a chance so he was never going to turn into a 15 goal a season striker at Selhurst.

If he wants to return, I would take him as backup for Scowcroft so we wouldn't have to change our attacking system. But I can't see him being any more than a backup player.