Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Croatian Eagle

kolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Everyone in the office was trying to figure out how to pronounce Rangers' opponents, and then they read that they used to be known as Red Star Belgrade.
They are still known as Red Star, as Crvena Zvezda in Serbian is Red Star in English. Let's try to pronounce it, I assume you have a problem with first word: Tzer-vea-nah.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:05 PM

Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong
Quote:
Originally posted by Zola's Chin
Doubt the natives at The San Giro were overly impressed with a 0-0 draw at home to Kilmarnock this afternoon...?
Or Chesney laughing and joking about it afterwards.

The knives will be out soon as he's not 'Celtic minded'.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:15 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I could be in a strange position this season. I've always liked Rangers - as a kid I liked their colours, and Celtic's colours reminded me of those horrible tasting chewitts. (it was a good enough reason at the time)
However, we now have a Celtic fan at work. Big, big fan, obviously lives down here now but he's invited a few of us up for his birthday in the autumn with tickets in the Celtic end at Ibrox. (he used to play professionally, and has contacts at the club)
What a dilemma it could be for me, he joked he'll make sure he'll tell everyone around us of my leanings... If it does happen, I can't turn down the opportunity of being in the away end at a Old Firm match!

I can't claim to be a massive Rangers fan, but it would be strange to be in the Celtic end of all games.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:22 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by eagle mart
I could be in a strange position this season. I've always liked Rangers - as a kid I liked their colours, and Celtic's colours reminded me of those horrible tasting chewitts. (it was a good enough reason at the time)
Do you mean Pacers? I think that's what they were called - fecking horrible spearmint-flavoured Opal Fruit/Chewit-type things.

I've always had a soft spot fo Celtic for the daft reason that I was brought up Catholic. Even though this sectarian nonsense is clearly a load of old bollocks I still keep an eye out for the their results and am not sure I could ever bring myself to support the hun.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
I loved Pacers.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Croatian Eagle

kolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behindkolja51 will leave the TV and the radio behind
If I would choose by the religion of my people (Croatia) I would be Celtic fan
If I would choose by my religious beliefes I would be Rangers fan.
If I would choose by political affiliation I would be Celtic fan.
If I would choose by players on the team I would be Rangers fan (Dado Prso!!!!)
If I would choose by shirt colours I would be Celtic fan
If I would choose by fans of those team that I met I would be Rangers fan.

So how to choose?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:37 PM

Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong Senor Ding-Dong
Quote:
Originally posted by kolja51

So how to choose?
Erm ... Are Rangers shirt colours not rather similar to your own? You can't beat a bit of red, white and blue!

Dado Pršo knows the score. Go with him. He's a legend.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:57 PM

As for the game tonight - McCulloch to score and Rangers to win.

Heard a rumour it is half price drinks in the Cock Tavern before 8 tonight - football, half price ale and hopefully a few party tunes - does it get any better!?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned by Moderators

Alex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Formalities completed, now onto the next round.

1-0 Gers, first goal for the Gers from Demarcus Beasley

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 07-08-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex_S
Formalities completed, now onto the next round.

1-0 Gers, first goal for the Gers from Demarcus Beasley

What a rubbish game. Almost as bad as the Everton one. There's no way we go through to the next round playing like that.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:53 AM

DrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happy
Quote:
Originally posted by kolja51

So how to choose?
What about use some imagination and don't support either of the Old Firm clubs?
The mighty Hibs will hopefully turn both over this season.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Croatian Eagle

Quote:
Originally posted by DrRock
What about use some imagination and don't support either of the Old Firm clubs?
The mighty Hibs will hopefully turn both over this season.
You are right mate, I should support some other club apart from Old firm, and Hibs are frontunners as I have their shirt already (as well as Prso's Gers and plain Celtic). But then... I don't know...
Old 09-08-2007, 06:18 PM

Cousin signed up now on a 3 year deal. Could be a useful target man by all accounts.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Banned by Moderators

Alex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallAlex_S put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
GERS 2-0 ST MIRREN

Great start...lets hope the league positions are the same come the end of the season

1 Rangers 2 5 6
2 Hibernian 2 3 6
-----------------------
3 Motherwell 2 2 6
-----------------------
4 Celtic 2 3 4
5 Falkirk 2 1 3
6 Dundee Utd 1 1 3
7 Kilmarnock 1 0 1
8 Aberdeen 1 -1 0
9 Hearts 1 -1 0
10 St Mirren 2 -3 0
11 Inverness CT 2 -4 0
------------------------
12 Gretna 2 -6 0
Old 12-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here

Old 12-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro

That's actually quite an original and witty song for Celtic. Most have taken them ages to make that up

Last edited by Alex_S; 12-08-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Chelsea Ranger

Zola's Chin is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get onZola's Chin is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get onZola's Chin is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get on
Quote:

Old 13-08-2007, 12:17 PM

JAMES 82 is fond of sand dunes and salty airJAMES 82 is fond of sand dunes and salty airJAMES 82 is fond of sand dunes and salty airJAMES 82 is fond of sand dunes and salty airJAMES 82 is fond of sand dunes and salty airJAMES 82 is fond of sand dunes and salty airJAMES 82 is fond of sand dunes and salty airJAMES 82 is fond of sand dunes and salty airJAMES 82 is fond of sand dunes and salty airJAMES 82 is fond of sand dunes and salty airJAMES 82 is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Went to Celtic v Kilmarnock last week and was a bit suprised how things have changed from when i first went a few years back. Flags seem to have come down outside some pubs and the music has changed as well. Not the traditional irish music anymore. Although some pubs have not changed a bit. I know there has been a big drive to stop sectarianism which has led to things changing in side the grounds. Celtic supporters have been thrown out at some away games for having irish flags/singing the irish national athem. I know you had problems at Iverness. Wondered if the pubs around ibrox have started to change. I know getting rid of sectarianism is a good thing, but i know alot of Celtic supporters are not happy about the way things are being done.
Old 13-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
In all seriousness, I doubt you'll ever fully get rid of sectarianism.
Even so, here's hoping for a more competitive SPL this year, with good humoured banter. Rangers under Walter Smith are already looking good, but I'm still backing the Hoops .
Old 13-08-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:

I don't think that's a Celtic song as such as Rangers sing the same song about Celtic.