Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 27-05-2019, 10:01 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betray
Going to see her tomorrow night.

Old 28-05-2019, 09:27 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
So, Makaya McCraven may be my new favourite. His mixing and manipulating of live performances is right up my street. Anything part hip hop, part free jazz is perfect for me!

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 03-06-2019, 09:45 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betray
Old 05-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 10-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Soul Survivor

Old 25-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Man, have I pitched up to this thread late...

So my first contribution is from a modern jazz outfit featuring unbelievable drumming (Larnell Lewis aka The Metronome) and other-worldly keyboards (Corey Henry).

A long piece I know, but worth it. Jump in at 4.23 if you just want to hear the keyboard solo

Old 25-06-2019, 01:57 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
Man, have I pitched up to this thread late...

So my first contribution is from a modern jazz outfit featuring unbelievable drumming (Larnell Lewis aka The Metronome) and other-worldly keyboards (Corey Henry).

A long piece I know, but worth it. Jump in at 4.23 if you just want to hear the keyboard solo

Hmmmm...link to the Youtube vid seems to be broken. Track is called 'Lingus' by Snarky Puppy
Old 25-06-2019, 02:01 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caisterman View Post
Great piece sir, I'm compiling my summer jazz playlist and that'll be on it

Ta very much
Old 25-06-2019, 02:41 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Here's a favourite of mine from Horace Silver - great Blue Note album cover btw

Some of you might recognise a Steely Dan 'lift'!

Old 25-06-2019, 03:25 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:

Hmmm...must be doing something wrong here.....Anyway the track is called 'Song for my Father'
Old 25-06-2019, 03:40 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Here you go

Old 25-06-2019, 04:11 PM
Soul Survivor

Quote:

My favourite Horace Silver.....

Old 25-06-2019, 05:50 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Another slice of cool summer jazz is Florian Pellissier's 'Coupe de Foudre a Thessalonique'
Old 25-06-2019, 05:56 PM
Soul Survivor

Quote:
Another slice of cool summer jazz is Florian Pellissier's 'Coupe de Foudre a Thessalonique'
Nice one Don
Old 25-06-2019, 05:58 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Then for those of you who like a bit of township in your jazz, there's always Abdullah Ibrahim's impressive keyboard skills...for example 'African Marketplace' from the Cape Town Flowers album
Old 25-06-2019, 06:54 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
I enjoy Jazz and I am pleased others follow the genre ...but never has a piece been more aptly named than Gently Disturbed, I am sorry that is a discordant noise and pretentious which is no doubt the composers intention.

Each to their own of course........see you in bedlam.
Old 25-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Soul Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
I enjoy Jazz and I am pleased others follow the genre ...but never has a piece been more aptly named than Gently Disturbed, I am sorry that is a discordant noise and pretentious which is no doubt the composers intention.

Each to their own of course........see you in bedlam.
Never be sorry Harry just because you don't like that. I liked it myself!!!
Old 25-06-2019, 11:32 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Cheers FE
Old 26-06-2019, 12:49 AM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

This is really good thanks for posting.The city of Thessaloniki is pretty cool too should anyone be in the area...
Old 26-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Pass me the Vongole

When one yearns for a good-time jazz jam, look no further than Les McCann & Eddie Harris 'You've got it in your soulness' from the Swiss Movement Live album.

Your receptors are most likely damaged in some way if this doesn't make you smile, do jazz hands or click yer fingers...in my opinion