Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:01 PM

rainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is here
I'm not that bothered he is hardy one of the bigger stars we have seen depart in recent years is he? & To date not even one Prem league team has appeared to show any interest in him.

Thankfully we have Much more talented kids committed to pulling on a Palace shirt in the likes of Moses, Scannell & Soares
Old 02-08-2008, 07:15 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
any more watson news? He didn't even make the subs bench this time.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:41 PM

Kyle De Silva is Glad All OverKyle De Silva is Glad All OverKyle De Silva is Glad All OverKyle De Silva is Glad All OverKyle De Silva is Glad All OverKyle De Silva is Glad All OverKyle De Silva is Glad All OverKyle De Silva is Glad All OverKyle De Silva is Glad All OverKyle De Silva is Glad All OverKyle De Silva is Glad All Over
nathan tyson becoming a bit injury prone to be honest, dont really know if we should get him because hes already injured for start of season and im sure he wouldnt pass a medical anyway

Posting Now & Then

Xbox Gamertag : o0II KLOSE II0o
Old 02-08-2008, 08:21 PM

jeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think Ben is hoping for a move to charlton to be with his mate Hudson...and they have just sold a defender for 2m and a midfielder on the way out as well....watch this space
Old 02-08-2008, 08:23 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
can anyone blame watson for wanting to move when morons booed him and still do even when he is the best player on the pitch.
Boo him when taking a penalty even though he scores them.

Forest are a much bigger club than us , have a much better history than us, a better stadium than us and as a club have much more potential than us. If we both went up forest would be much more likely to stay there and build on it with more fans paying for tickets and a much bigger name and history to attract premiership quality players.

The guy has given us 6 seasons in the first team and youth team before that . I dont remember him moaning when people were booing him . I believe he could have moved to premiership teams when people were booing him , but didn't and remained loyal.

How many people were saying if Bostock just gave us a season or two , then it would be alright if he left. Well Ben has given us 6 and still gets put down.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:26 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by thefox
can anyone blame watson for wanting to move when morons booed him and still do even when he is the best player on the pitch.

Forest are a much bigger club than us , have a much better history than us, a better stadium than us and as a club have much more potential than us. If we both went up forest would be much more likely to stay there and build on it with more fans paying for tickets and a much bigger name and history to attract premiership quality players.

The guy has given us 6 seasons in the first team and youth team before that . I dont remember him moaning when people were booing him . I believe he could have moved to premiership teams when people were booing him , but didn't and remained loyal.

How many people were saying if Bostock just gave us a season or two , then it would be alright if he left. Well Ben has given us 6 and still gets put down.
Good post
Old 02-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:

Forest are a good club and a proper footy club. They had a magnificent spell under a genius manager (see how important managers are ?) but that was then, this is now.
Forest are now a decent medium-sized club (as they were pre-Clough), like Palace and loads of others in the Champs, in the lower reaches of the Prem, and in the upper reaches of DivI.
I'm surprised Ben didn't ask for a new contract with a (2M ?) release clause. Still looks as though his agent talked him into staying for a Bosman move to a Prem club next year.
It's good that NW says no more good players will be leaving on a Bosman, but the examples of Morrison and Hudson have started the rot. Ben must feel a bit hard done by.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:46 PM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Voice of reason!

I think the missed pen was probably the decision making point with all this.

+ Seeing us sign a replacement before he goes and just 2 possibly 2nd/3rd choice strikers while the team that beat us now splash out 2.5 M for someone who gets a hat-trick first time out so he can see our level of ambition maybe?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:13 PM

shaun57 is playing for a contract
And how many premiership clubs have bid for him ?
not even the newly promoted ones !

good championship player..... regular premiership... never in our life time.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:18 PM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by shaun57
And how many premiership clubs have bid for him ?
not even the newly promoted ones !

good championship player..... regular premiership... never in our life time.
well he was for us?

Since we went down he has played under a one trick pony, the most neggy manager I have seen and one who likes to by-pass midfield and although I am a great NW fan he, IMHO played Ben too deep to let his passing dictate games even once we played 433 and stopped hitting the big man.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:26 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Dogers
well he was for us?

Since we went down he has played under a one trick pony, the most neggy manager I have seen and one who likes to by-pass midfield and although I am a great NW fan he, IMHO played Ben too deep to let his passing dictate games even once we played 433 and stopped hitting the big man.
Spot on.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:29 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Excellent post though will say no one booed him in second leg of playoffs. As you say he's spent more time than most ever will at selhurst these days.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
well he was for us?

Ben Watson has never been capable of dictating games because he doesn't have the capacity to do it. While his game has come on leaps and bounds in the last season, for him to really dictate a match, he would have to enhance and develop certain facets of his game.

I don't think his passing is consistent enough. He still misplaces passes during matches and loses us possession in key areas. That's a big problem for someone that's supposed to be the key to unlocking a game.

I don't think he's strong enough. He still gets knocked off the ball too easily and he's certainly not someone to get seriously stuck in against tougher midfield opposition. His heading has improved, but it's hardly imposing.

I don't think he has the energy levels required to run a match. He is often one of the first players to tire - which can also have a knock-on effect on how we play. If he doesn't move, the defence loses that outlet.

I think that he deserves a move after such a long time with us, and Palace have their valuation, but I feel that Premiership clubs see his shortcomings and they feel that the value placed on him doesn't reflect his true ability.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:54 PM
i love a wind up

SE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Quote:
well he was for us?
And we went down.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:

How many more times is the booing incident going to be brought up? Everyone realised their mistake (those that booed) and most people were sympathetic towards Ben, so let's give that one a rest.

I haven't actually read that many posts with people putting Ben down at all. Most are sympathetic to his situation. But at the end of the day, Ben (or his Agent) are the ones principally to blame for this situation - not the fans and I think it's unfair to heap that burden onto them.

Ben is the one who didn't want to sign a new contract. He could have gone back on that decision a few weeks ago when it was apparent that no Prem team was going to come in for him. He has chosen not to.

Nobody likes to see players go, especially ones that have come up through the youth system. Ben has shown great maturity in not whingeing to the press about his situation and I'm sure everyone admires him for that.

But the bottom line is, he has decided he doesn't want to play for Palace anymore. Not because he was booed when stepping up for a penalty, not because he missed a penalty at BC. We don't know the reasons behind it and maybe never will, but don't put him up on a golden pedestal and blame the fans.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Occasional Member

PJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Barbara4003
How many more times is the booing incident going to be brought up? Everyone realised their mistake (those that booed) and most people were sympathetic towards Ben, so let's give that one a rest.

I haven't actually read that many posts with people putting Ben down at all. Most are sympathetic to his situation. But at the end of the day, Ben (or his Agent) are the ones principally to blame for this situation - not the fans and I think it's unfair to heap that burden onto them.

Ben is the one who didn't want to sign a new contract. He could have gone back on that decision a few weeks ago when it was apparent that no Prem team was going to come in for him. He has chosen not to.

Nobody likes to see players go, especially ones that have come up through the youth system. Ben has shown great maturity in not whingeing to the press about his situation and I'm sure everyone admires him for that.

But the bottom line is, he has decided he doesn't want to play for Palace anymore. Not because he was booed when stepping up for a penalty, not because he missed a penalty at BC. We don't know the reasons behind it and maybe never will, but don't put him up on a golden pedestal and blame the fans.
Top post, exactly what I was thinking.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At the end of the day, Ben is one of the most highly thought-of midfielders in the division and I wish he would stay with us.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
And not a 'Yossi Benayoun's chance in Jail' of him going to Forest IMO.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Watson has never stepped up to be the player i expected him to be. He will be a loss but i think he is replaceable.
2m is great money.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:44 PM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Barbara4003

Nobody likes to see players go, especially ones that have come up through the youth system. Ben has shown great maturity in not whingeing to the press about his situation and I'm sure everyone admires him for that.the bottom line is, he has decided he doesn't want to play for Palace anymore. Not because he was booed when stepping up for a penalty, not because he missed a penalty at BC. We don't know the reasons behind it and maybe never will, but don't put him up on a golden pedestal and blame the fans.
Do you really think that by simply asserting that "everyone realised
their mistake" when he was booed taking a Palace penalty, will in
some way ever atone for the hurt that he clearly felt?

To begin with, the abuse that he used to get on BBS before that
incident continued on here long afterwards, despite the strong
protests many of us made, even though the booing stopped.

But as others have said, the incident that clinched Watson's
decision to leave Palace was his unfortunate missed penalty
in the play-off semi-final second leg at Bristol, which because
of that previous booing, probably hurt him more deeply than
it might otherwise have done. He is very likely to have
decided that he wasn't going to give the same people the
chance to have another go at him if he ever missed one
again. Who the hell could blame him?

Meanwhile Ben remains a professional footballer and
has the right to move to any club that is prepared to
offer him the best possible deal after turning down
the terms offered him by Palace.

Last edited by Freddy Kurz; 02-08-2008 at 10:56 PM.