Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Occasional Member

PJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by plectrum
I love it, all of you guys supporting Watson in this thread and others are only doing so because you believe possibly mistakenly that we will get a good transfer fee.

I guarantee if we only receive 900k you'll all be pissed off with it and him, two-faced.

You shouldn't slate those that tell it as it is, Palace was the best team for Watson, he was our 1st choice central midfield player with a team built around him. The salary being offered was massive and showed our commitment to this player not only for the short term but also much longer both in protecting his career and protecting the club's interests.
You can blame the agent but this is just weak in my mind, Ben Watson can and does think for himself, he has let this happen by being greedy. He could easily have said I want to leave if a Premiership shows interest but because Dowie promised him a big contract at QPR he's decided to leave regardless.

My heart bleeds that now no-one wants to pay his transfer fee or even perhaps his weighty contract anymore.

Going to Forest will be a complete waste of time and will show Watson for the petulant greedy kid he is as when they do nothing next season and he realises that his career has gone backwards he will again disrupt a second team by asking to leave.

Goodbye, good riddance ... being gracious because he gave us 6 yrs, clearly forgets that we gave him 6 years, brought him through the youth team, trained him nurtured him, gave him premiership football, gave him captaincy.

What exactly has he now given us, the pre-season stress and disruption of desperately tryign to squeeze some worth out of a player who by refusing to sign is devaluing by the day.... We are in the situation now that if we don't shift him quick, we'll end up with 450k tribunal for 6 yrs worth of support .... thanks Ben, remind me to send you a Xmas card.
Sorry but that's just nonsense
Old 03-08-2008, 12:31 PM

jansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
I love it, all of you guys supporting Watson in this thread and others are only doing so because you believe possibly mistakenly that we will get a good transfer fee....

.....I guarantee if we only receive 900k you'll all be pissed off with it and him, two-faced.

bla-bla-bla-bla...

....thanks Ben, remind me to send you a Xmas card.
What a load of crap. Watson has been immense for our club, it`s not often now adays players stay in the same club 6 seasons in the row. Staying put when we got relegated (despite offers coming in from premier league clubs) and leading us through tough times deserves respect - not mockery!

Good luck Ben, hopefully you`ll come back sometimes showing plectrum (and people like him) how much you care about our club.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
What a tiresome thread this has become. Yet again.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:43 PM
A Most Excellent Member..

Basingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ben's an enigma in the way that he can divide supporters opinions.Very talented with the ability to produce that killer ball,but equally can go missing in games & sometimes for a few games in a row.I think for his ability with a dead ball we will miss him,but i do think NW has replaced him with someone in Carle that may suit us better.

Whatever happens i was never one to boo Ben & really hope he does well wherever he goes . . except against us.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:49 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
CRYSTAL Palace boss Neil Warnock has played down weekend reports that Nottingham Forest are closing in on a £2million deal for Ben Watson.

On Saturday it was being claimed that the 23-year-old was poised to move to the Championship new boys.

But Warnock, speaking after Saturday's 1-1 friendly with Leicester, said: "I saw he's been sold today - I thought somebody might have told me!"

Watson played no part in the game against the Foxes and the Eagles chief once again made clear that the former England U21 international will not feature after refusing to sign an extension to his contract, which has 12 months left to run.

He said: "He's a good lad but once he made himself clear and I signed Nick Carle I have to look after the team that's going to play."

Watson is understood to have set his heart on joining QPR, but so far the West London outfit have not met Palace's valuation.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:07 PM

rambo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerambo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerambo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerambo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerambo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerambo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerambo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerambo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerambo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerambo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerambo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Barbara4003
I have read that article and it appears there was a lot of unrest within the team at the time, through no fault of the fans though.

I just can't believe for one minute that the booing incident is what has influenced Ben to leave. If it is the case, then he needs to toughen up a bit.

If you choose a job that puts you in front of x thousand people week in, week out, then you need to be a bit more thick skinned. I should think most footballers have suffered abuse of some kind over their career.

Don't get me wrong - I thought the booing was awful. I was ashamed to be at the game and even more ashamed to be a Palace fan on that day. And yes, it must have hurt him to the core, but I still don't believe for one minute that is the reason he is going. If I am proved wrong in the future, when his reasons are bound to be publicised, then I apologise now.
It is very unlikely that that is the main reason he's leaving, or even a conscious reason at all. But the point is we cant expect any player to stay loyal to our club at a time when he doesnt feel its in his interests to do so (because staying at ANY club too long isnt always a good thing) when we as fans didnt stay loyal to him.

The point is not that the disgraceful behaviour of a minority causes a player to leave, but that it stops a real bond developing between players and fans / club which may then stop him leaving. So Watson is acting like any player would when decisions come to be made, and not like a fan would. He behaves differently than, say, the Dougster would in the same circumstances. Actually most players act like players not fans - it's just that with someone like Watson it might have been different.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:08 PM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by PJJY
And you know this how?

I think Ben Watson is a stronger character than people are giving him credit for. I really don't think that the booing of his penalty miss, over a year ago, will have been a major factor in his decision to leave (IMO).

People clapped him and supported him after his missed penalty against BC. Do you think he would've just forgotten the 6 years of support when making his decision to leave and rested it all on that one incident*?

*The abuse after his penalty miss
Actions speak louder than words PJJY He and his agent think
they can get a better deal at another club, and are prepared
to accept a period of inactivity until the matter is settled.

Think his decision has been based on a series of factors, which
include the penalty booing incident, the missed penalty in the
2nd play-off game, and some regular stick from a persistent
anti-Watson faction on BBS. Don't doubt there will also
have been some input from the agent, who would, surely,
stand to gain from any improved deal gained for his client?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Occasional Member

PJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That may be the case FK (and I'm sure his agent has had a big say in this - making the 'Watson is a backstabbing moneygrabber' claims all the more incorrect). But the thing is we'll never know what has influenced him to make his decision but he has been a good servant to this club for 6 years and IMO always given his all so for people to start berating him for turning his back on the club and back stabbing us, I just can't get my head around that.

Every player that leaves us these days (where it is his own decision) seems to be subject to so much uneeded abuse. People have just got to accept players are going to move on and have got ambitions rather than playing for Palace for the rest of their careers.

Thankyou for your service to the club Ben and good luck if you do decide to go

Last edited by PJJY; 03-08-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:21 PM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Old 03-08-2008, 01:24 PM

plectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by thefox

Warnock was going to build the team around him do you mean ? What as well as building the team around Bostock like they said who would have taken his place in the team .
Warnock build the team around him what about this then ?

Also Danns was really bought in IMO as a replacement for him and if fit and Warnock dropped Ben he would have taken his place in the team.

Why do people expect him to stay at Palace for ever . Don't these people ever fancy a change of employer or location. Lets face it how many South Londoners or Londoners move out of London because they want to live somewhere else.

But please Ben don't go , but if you do good luck to you.
We offered Ben Watson a big contract, which signifies he would have been the no.1 central midfield player.

And last season Ben was a regular in the same position when others were playing a variety of position such as Soares.

Two clear signs that management felt him to be integral.

I don't wish this player good luck as it is screwing the club. He should have signed his contract played a season out of his skin and then asked to leave if we still weren't in the premiership.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:25 PM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I love it, all of you guys supporting Watson in this thread and others are only doing so because you believe possibly mistakenly that we will get a good transfer fee.

I guarantee if we only receive 900k you'll all be pissed off with it and him, two-faced.

You shouldn't slate those that tell it as it is, Palace was the best team for Watson, he was our 1st choice central midfield player with a team built around him. The salary being offered was massive and showed our commitment to this player not only for the short term but also much longer both in protecting his career and protecting the club's interests.
You can blame the agent but this is just weak in my mind, Ben Watson can and does think for himself, he has let this happen by being greedy. He could easily have said I want to leave if a Premiership shows interest but because Dowie promised him a big contract at QPR he's decided to leave regardless.

My heart bleeds that now no-one wants to pay his transfer fee or even perhaps his weighty contract anymore.

Going to Forest will be a complete waste of time and will show Watson for the petulant greedy kid he is as when they do nothing next season and he realises that his career has gone backwards he will again disrupt a second team by asking to leave.

Goodbye, good riddance ... being gracious because he gave us 6 yrs, clearly forgets that we gave him 6 years, brought him through the youth team, trained him nurtured him, gave him premiership football, gave him captaincy.

What exactly has he now given us, the pre-season stress and disruption of desperately tryign to squeeze some worth out of a player who by refusing to sign is devaluing by the day.... We are in the situation now that if we don't shift him quick, we'll end up with 450k tribunal for 6 yrs worth of support .... thanks Ben, remind me to send you a Xmas card.
Thats a long rant and I don't agree with one bit of it.

As for pre-season stress? NW signed Nick Carle as soon as Watson said he wasn't going to sign, so im bewildered to this stress you're talking about.

Not many players are going to spend their whole career at one club, Watson has spent 6 years here and now wants a change. Whats your problem with that?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:30 PM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

I don't wish this player good luck as it is screwing the club. He should have signed his contract played a season out of his skin and then asked to leave if we still weren't in the premiership.
Remind me again of how Watson is screwing the club?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:40 PM

plectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
GDP, The club has put 6 years into this player bringing him through the ranks. Last season we nearly made the grade to get promoted and this year the entire focus should be to build on that rather than leave for little reason other than money.

As said I would 100% understand if a nice premiership side wanted him but they don't.

There are loyalties within the club between the boss who is new, some of his new players and the older guard that know Watson well. I cannot see how anything but unrest and turmoil can be present currently.

Also in the upcoming sale whether it happens in the next few days, in Jan or at the end of the season we will actually get nowhere near as much as his worth.

I still feel the transfer fee will be nearer to 1m-1.25m than the 2m which people hope for or the 2.5m-3m that he would possibly be worth under 4 yr contract.

Benteke will never start scoring regularly again and Wickham wont play and perform at top level again.

(living in hope!)

**** it whilst we are at it; we wont qualify for Europe this season 18/19
Old 03-08-2008, 01:43 PM

I also question how his move to QPR can be for any other reason than $$. Although there is hype behind QPR they are still unproven and Dowie has a poor mangerial record bar CPFC. Anyway ..... they don't really want him! ROFL

Benteke will never start scoring regularly again and Wickham wont play and perform at top level again.

(living in hope!)

**** it whilst we are at it; we wont qualify for Europe this season 18/19
Old 03-08-2008, 01:45 PM

jansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldjansabo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
GDP, The club has put 6 years into this player bringing him through the ranks.
OMG! Remember Ben Watson has stayed put until now (despite several offers from prem clubs), and while we have "invested" 6 years into him, he has played more then 150 league games as a payback to us. If all of our youngsters will become as loyal as him, our club will have a great future !
Old 03-08-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I also question how his move to QPR can be for any other reason than $$. Although there is hype behind QPR they are still unproven and Dowie has a poor mangerial record bar CPFC. Anyway ..... they don't really want him! ROFL
Of course money is a factor, but I think motivation and potensial of the club is a bigger factor. QPR are bookie favourites of promotion together with brum, so this could become his biggest chance of getting to play prem football again. I guess he was hoping for an offer from the top flight already this season, but if not I guess he thinks he can get it by playing from QPR or Brum...
Old 03-08-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:

I still feel the transfer fee will be nearer to 1m-1.25m than the 2m which people hope for or the 2.5m-3m that he would possibly be worth under 4 yr contract.
I can't see how you can blame Watson for this, We should have sorted out a contract alot sooner. It was only in the last winter transfer window that Warnock said he expected Watson to leave as he felt Watson needed a fresh start somewhere else.

We can't have it our own way every time. Situations like Bostock and Routledge are different.

6 years in todays game is a very long time to stay at one club and I will wish BW all the best and hopes he will have a successful career wherever that may be.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:06 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Have got to say Ben can go with my best wishes. What planet are you on Plectrum? This is nothing like the Bostock, Routledge situations. What about Boyce was he villified for going? I'm not sure I see the problem the club have always let players contracts run down now obviously this isnt Warnocks way so hes tried to get Ben to commit to another four odd years which would make Ben what 28ish by the end of it, After six odd years in my first job I'd fancy a change myself. Have you stayed in the same job since starting work? Completely understandable, he has'nt kicked up a fuss or anything. I'd prefer us to get some money now to aid in a striker purchase but equally if Ben stays to the end of his contract and then goes fine. I certainly won't be booing him like the morons behind the goal at Selhurst.

Look I know Neil has said he won't play, what happens if Carle gets injured within the first two months? If Ben is still at the club he'll be playing pretty quick smart.

Actually thinking about it a lot of Bens contempory team mates have left the club. I'm sure most of the players would have known at the end of the season that Clinton and Dougie would be off, Hudson has gone, Ben himself was told he could go in January by the club.....don't remember the Warnock out posts then......
Old 03-08-2008, 05:25 PM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I agree with Barbara and others. Ben should realise that only a small group of morons booed in that game. Unfortunately they were the sub-species of Palace fan that usually reside in Block B. When I use to go to Palace regularly, it was possibly the least favourite place to get a ticket. Good atmosphere etc. etc., but also a fair chance of sitting very close to wannabe hooligans, mental defectives, someone looking to fight a fellow Palace fan and other general chavs. That in no way is a slur against the great Palace fans that had season tickets alongside this rabble. It is no wonder that some orchestrated booing came from this quarter. Regretably, they are audible and were right next to where Watson was going to take the penalty.

Watson should be reminded that 100 uneducated louts is not a cross section of the Palace faithful, even if they think they are.

Many on here go on to say in other threads that us fans get the players we deserve, because of our attitude towards them. That is a very unfair comment. Routledge got some stick, but he was soooooo wantaway he couldn´t hide it. I remember the POY dinner when he spent the whole evening looking like someone had pissed in his soup. Watson was an unfortunate one off incident. A few twats decried Mullins, but many of us liked him (despite getting caught in possession too often). Jules got a hard time, but again he seemed to be a player that could turn it on for the really big games and disappear atother times. i.e. when there was a shop window to sit in, like Liverpool in the cup where he was suddenly World Class. One of his last contributions for us was getting sent off up at Sunderland, which seemed to galvanise us, luckily.

I don´t think we are any diffrent to fans up and down the country. I feel our attitude towards players goes hand in hand with their attitude to us and the club they are playing for.

Two greats have left the club this summer. Two die-hard Palace fans. The likes of ¨too good for Palace¨ Julian Gray and Wayne Routledge - however fancy on their day, are not fit to tie their boots. As fans we should give people a chance, but it works both ways. If it is obvious to the fans that you don´t want to play for us, or you feel you are better than Palace it is no wonder fans turn. That big-time charlie Bostock underscores this viewpoint. Yet, there are a few (very few - blinded friends of the family who seem to forget they support Palace) some fans willing to defend him, and shockingly trying to lay some fault at Palace and the fans for his departure.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:29 PM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Could he have been offered a 1 or 2 year extension. Perhaps he just doesn´t want to tie himself down to 4 years. You can understand his position.

That is bad play by Palace. However, perhaps if he has been offered (or would have been offered that, he would have felt insulted or he wanted to go anyway.