Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 18-11-2002, 02:14 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Muffin
Teenage Fanclub - Grand Prix
Good choice. My only criticism of the album is that Don't Look Back didn't go on for a bit longer, perhaps another verse and chorus? It always annoyed me that just as it got up to the excellent chorus, it then stopped. Oh well.
Old 18-11-2002, 03:15 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
10CC - The Original Soundtrack
One queue in Glaziers is like a year in any other place!
Old 18-11-2002, 06:40 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Originally posted by Del Gland
Quote:
One queue in Glaziers is like a year in any other place!

Actually though, how non-PC are the lyrics to "Second Sitting for the Last Supper".
Old 18-11-2002, 07:33 PM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
Originally posted by Del Gland

Actually though, how non-PC are the lyrics to "Second Sitting for the Last Supper".
Not just that one. Heard Hotel off Sheet Music lately? Its a shame - one of my favourite bands of the period, but now and again they lapse into what now sounds like seventies schoolboy racism. I don't think there's anything more sinister behind it than the clever-cloggery of which they were often accused, but it jars more than a little.
Old 18-11-2002, 10:40 PM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way (the album)
Queen - Can't Stop Me Now
Feeder - Seven Days In the Sun

Have all been listened to this evening by myself
Old 18-11-2002, 10:48 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hmmm, well, it will come as no surprise that currently on my CD player is a certain Mr R Williams. And yes, it is the usual mix of rocky, slushy, poppy, funky "please-them-all" music.

Overall, it is consistently better than I've Been Expecting You and Sing When You're Winning. I'll have to give it a few more listens before I decide whether it overtake the first album.

Go on, be brave, give it a go.
Old 18-11-2002, 11:21 PM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
baloo

what about the polyphonic spree...
enormous !!!

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 18-11-2002, 11:51 PM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally posted by Baloo
Hmmm, well, it will come as no surprise that currently on my CD player is a certain Mr R Williams. And yes, it is the usual mix of rocky, slushy, poppy, funky "please-them-all" music.

Overall, it is consistently better than I've Been Expecting You and Sing When You're Winning. I'll have to give it a few more listens before I decide whether it overtake the first album.

Go on, be brave, give it a go.
you actually went out and bought it?. What's the best track on the album?
Old 19-11-2002, 12:05 AM
Resurrection!

Quote:
Originally posted by pete eagle
you actually went out and bought it?. What's the best track on the album?
Hmm, difficult to say after only a couple of listens. Probably Handsome Man or Hot Fudge. Sexed Up is a pretty frank break up song with is quite poignant and touches a certain chord .
Old 19-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Resurrection!

Having said that, Come Undone is also pretty gorgeously anthemic and Song 3 is a blatantly obvious rock-out which is just about pulled off well. Oh, and Monsoon is a singalong Queen soundalike and Love Somebody builds up to a gospel crescendo.

It's a good album. It's a very good album. Trust me.
Old 19-11-2002, 08:02 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The artist formerly known as Baloo wishes it to be known that, like Kevin T, a flatmate has recently hi-jacked his Userid and implied through multiple postings (and even dedicated threads) that he is a huge fan of Robbie Williams.

Those of you that know Baloo will appreciate that of course nothing could be more unlikely.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
Old 19-11-2002, 08:19 AM
Resurrection!

Good morning Gooders, and thank you for your kind words.

Bear with me everybody, as I am admittedly suffering what appears to be a rather serious ailment, but I just can't shake it: I still like the RW album. The alcohol consumed last night may well have contributed to my somewhat over-zealous assessment last night, but the ugly truth remains.

Perhaps I'll put some Hendrix on to re-establish my link with reality...
Old 19-11-2002, 08:30 AM

Listening to A, Hi-Fi Serious (again!) Can't get enough of this album.

The Police, reincarnate.
Old 19-11-2002, 09:07 AM

Georgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGeorgie Boy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Julie McKnight - Home
Rhythm Section - Sunshine
Francois K - Hynodelic
Wookie - After All
Larry Heard - Another Night
Old 19-11-2002, 03:37 PM
clicking high heels

Cap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCap'n Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
a small ceramic arm rattling 'round the tupperware that's tied to my leg. 2 3 4.
Old 19-11-2002, 03:45 PM

Lord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a hero
Quote:
Originally posted by Baloo
Good choice. My only criticism of the album is that Don't Look Back didn't go on for a bit longer, perhaps another verse and chorus? It always annoyed me that just as it got up to the excellent chorus, it then stopped. Oh well.
It is a great album. My favourite is Mellow Doubt. The TFC message board is always worth a look too. Good bunch of guys on there.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 19-11-2002, 04:05 PM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Excellent and underated band TFC, ''Howdy!'' has been a regular visitor to my CD player over the last year.
Where I can't be seen, I don't wanna be free
Old 19-11-2002, 04:11 PM

Lord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a hero
Quote:
Originally posted by E.X Moontoad
Excellent and underated band TFC, ''Howdy!'' has been a regular visitor to my CD player over the last year.
TFC are a top band and Howdy is a really good album. It took me a while to get into but now I love it. They used 3 or 4 songs from it on the TV programme Teachers. They didn't add them to the soundtrack though. Very strange.
Old 19-11-2002, 04:26 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
No more hero´s - Stranglers

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 19-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
The Fannies are great - but I think they probably flourish on being "underrated", as you put it. They're far more appreciated outside the U.K. than a lot of the one-record flash wonders who keep appearing in Britain.