Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 01-05-2002, 07:58 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by PeterH
Listening to some Elvis Costello at the mo. Will then switch to Squeeze and the Jam.
EC's latest offering??
Old 01-05-2002, 08:01 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Went to the "New to Q" thing on Monday at Shepherd's Bush.... still deeply traumatised by Ben Christopher...

BTW In Blighty we have been able to get Zero 7 for some time.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:07 PM
Spod

A.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adored
Quote:
Originally posted by Grunt
I've said it before, and I don't know if they're out in the UK, but Zero 7 is some seriously smooth sounds - reviewed as the babymaker of the year. Play it and pull.

So to speak.
Cool band. Seen them live a few times in the last year. At one point I counted 14 of them on stage, and I wasn't drunk enough to see double.
Old 02-05-2002, 04:08 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Bought X-Press2's album, Muzikizum...which is very good...but was easily beaten by Doves:The Last Broadcast...which is a very good album.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:21 PM

New_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heartNew_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heartNew_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heartNew_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heart
Now listening to Source Tags and Codes by ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead. Saw them play at the Forum last night and they were absolutely mental.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Boards of Canada - geogaddi

Old 02-05-2002, 02:35 PM
Orange Member

AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969
The misfits - legacy of brutality (v cool US horror punk from 70/80's - glenn danzig's old band)
Bad religion - against the grain (west coast punk classic)
Ash - album with burn baby burn - can't remember name
Old 02-05-2002, 02:38 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well i am back, new user name and a spanking new p.c

This week i have been mostly listening to
Rancid - rancid
Johny thunders - ?
The strokes - Is this it
I thank you
Old 02-05-2002, 03:14 PM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by leekent1

Top man...Squeeze...the best band EVER..........

Tell me what album and I'll change my Avatar to that Album in your honour.
Just the white best of album. My fav band of all time as well.
Old 02-05-2002, 03:17 PM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Pidster

EC's latest offering??
Nope you can guess I am not into my music as much as my films. Just greatest hits again. I have a very general broad based music collection with a bias to soul type stuff.

Really enjoy classical stuff at the moment, gives me a great karma.

Most of the bands on here Ive never heard of.
Old 02-05-2002, 04:51 PM
CANDUB

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterH

Nope you can guess I am not into my music as much as my films. Just greatest hits again. I have a very general broad based music collection with a bias to soul type stuff.

Really enjoy classical stuff at the moment, gives me a great karma.

Most of the bands on here Ive never heard of.
He's getting back to his angry best.... worth a listen.
Old 02-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Self Portrait

g23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
Boards of Canada - geogaddi
Is it as good as everyone say? I've got the first one, but I'm a bit lukewarm on it.
Old 02-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by g23

Is it as good as everyone say? I've got the first one, but I'm a bit lukewarm on it.
Well, I only got it today, and have only given it a cursory listen through at work. However, initial impressions are much like the first one. Some very good tracks, some take or leave, and some that I feel will grow on me. Probably worth a listen.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:31 PM
Old? More a little used

baroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy todaybaroli is looking rather foxy today
No-one has been following the Archers then?
Old 03-05-2002, 04:33 PM
Lovely

It's a MotorHead day today!!!

Sometimes I even surprise myself.
Old 03-05-2002, 06:37 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This week, I have been mostly listening to:

(Albums)
Timo Maas - Loud
Roots Manuva - Run Come Save Me
Bjork - Debut

(Singles)
The Streets - It's too late/Turn the page
4 Strings - Bring Me Away
X-Press 2 - Lazy
Tiga and Zyntherius - Sunglasses at Night
Tweet - Oops
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
Executioners - It's going down
Bjork - Hyperballad
David Bowie - Let's Dance/Ashes to Ashes
Asian Dub Foundation - Free Satpal Ram
Wookie - Back up, back up, back up

Hmm, reading that back I've just realised what an oddly varied music taste I have... can anyone better that for variation?
Old 03-05-2002, 09:19 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Georgie Boy

MAW Feat India - Backfired
Bought the album "Our Time is Coming" yesterday - quality record.

Have also been listening to Neil Young "After the Goldrush" and New Order "Technique".
Old 06-05-2002, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pidster

EC's latest offering??
Saw some of that on Later with Jools, not a great fan of EC but will give him a fair few more listens yet.

Have changed tack this morning: St Germain - Tourist and some Fun Lovin Criminals. Cool man.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:34 PM

Today I decided to listen to The Specials. Best of apparantly but strangely missing Ghost Town.

To calm down I have put on the quite excellent Groove Armada. Class.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:38 PM
Moritz's Physio

E_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
The radio - there are some top tunes about at the mo'