Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 23-02-2002, 02:06 PM
Spod

A.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adoredA.D. wants to be adored
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I just put some shelves up . . .
I think you'll find that the twenty third CD from the left on the second shelf down is upside down.

My how standards so easily slip.
Old 23-02-2002, 02:18 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Second Toughest - Underworld very loud to try and clear a serious hangover
Old 23-02-2002, 03:55 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I just put some shelves up . . .
A very impressive collection indeed....

however..

My uncle has a CD collection that I doubt can be rivalled. He doesn't go to the pub much, and lives at home with my gran, and therefor seems to have more money than sense.

His CD collection is made up of at least 2000 cd's...which he began collecting when he bought his first stereo system in 1992. The collection takes up 1 and a half wardrobes of space.

The funniest thing about the collection is that there's no range of music. Almost every CD is dance music of the commercial variety. He's bought every dance CD that's been available since his stereo was bought. The worst thing about it is that he buys 3 dance CD's, and at least 10 tracks are the same.

I will try and get some pictures of it.

Oh, and he's got a record collection that includes every one of the beatles records and a special edition Elvis Presley collection.
Old 28-02-2002, 05:05 AM
Wild and Peaceful

Adrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperAdrian has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Bill Evans : Waltz for Debby (Riverside, 1961)

Skatalites : Duke Reid's Kings of Ska (Rhino, from Treasure Isle recordings, 1963-69)

Christy Moore : This Is the Day (Columbia, 2000)

Old 28-02-2002, 02:20 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by SIR
Haven (certainly growing on me)
I saw Haven at Brighton Concorde 2 on Monday night. Before the gig I thought their album was okay, but except for the three or four faster tracks, a bit dreary. Someone should sack the record producer who said "let's make this a fairly laid back album" because when they played it live, it ROCKED. Great gig.

Unfortunately, even turning the volume up loud when listening to the album does not recreate the live feel and the album still disappoints.
Old 28-02-2002, 05:37 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Meat Katie, Long to belong. Don't know much about him at all, very good though. Anyone got any background?
Old 28-02-2002, 05:39 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Today, the soothing tones of Autechre: incumbula.

Lurverly

Old 28-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Top Banana

BUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBUNGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Last nite - The Strokes
Godless and horse pills - The Dandy warholes
One for the road - Ocean Colour Scene
Poor misguided fool - Starsailor
Old 28-02-2002, 05:45 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Everything but the Girl - Walking wounded

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 28-02-2002, 05:51 PM
Dont Feed Fat Blacky

DougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to Ollie
Way Out West - Intensify

One of the best house albums ive ever heard...
Old 28-02-2002, 06:36 PM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Jude Cole - Don't Know Why I Act This Way.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 28-02-2002, 06:58 PM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Doing The Mod Volume 1.
Old 28-02-2002, 07:06 PM
Orange Member

AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969
The bbc lord of the rings cd's - excellently told
Metallica with the san fran philharmonic
New bad religion cd
Old 01-03-2002, 04:00 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Well, I'm now listening to:

White Stripes: Blood Cells
The Black Rebel Motorcycle Club album.
Chemical Brothers: Come With Us (album)
Michael Jackson : History (The Classic cd)
Electric Soft Parade's album.

All of which are top banana!

Last edited by RDSdaEAGLE; 01-03-2002 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:00 PM
Tired and Emotional

Smurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
It being March 1st today I am listening to "Red Roses for Me" by the Pogues, in particular for the track "The Boys from the County Hell" which begins with the line "The first day of March it was raining..."

It's become something of a tradition for me.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:07 PM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
John Lennon's Rock and Roll album. Brilliant!

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 27-03-2002, 01:12 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone else bought the new Gomez album and think it's absolutely fab? Probably their best album yet. Every track has something special and distinctly "Gomez" about it. It's hardly left my CD player since I bought it.

VERY highly recommended.
Old 27-03-2002, 06:32 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
A lot of classical music last few days.

Today: US3, De La Soul and now an indie compilation with James, The Farm, Happy Mondays etc.

Later I will be taping a lot of soft Motown sh ite with a bit of early Luther for my girl Virginia. High Fidelity syndrome and the fact I cannot listen to too much of that Latin stuff when I return to Santiago next week (can watch that Shakira video though until my eyes bleed).
Old 27-03-2002, 06:35 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
Right now it is Marilyn Manson - Tainted love... and now Basement Jaxx - Romeo. Good ol' Radio 1.
Old 27-03-2002, 09:39 PM

as216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
A - Hi-Fi Serious
Feeder - Echo Park
Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill