Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Activision has named practically its entire 2009 line-up at an in-game advertiser meeting, including Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Speaking at an 'upfront' meeting with in-game ad company Massive Inc. (responsible for the famous Obama Burnout Paradise ad), Activision named its 2009 games including tentatively titled Guitar Hero 5, a new Tony Hawk's and Modern Warfare 2.

The sixth CoD game was already confirmed to be under Infinity Ward's wing (and not World at War dev Treyarch), but this news thankfully confirms that number six isn't the rumoured sci-fi spin-off we were dreading.

No details on the game were released, though it was roughly dated for release in autumn 2009.

In the meeting, Activision also confirmed that in the new Tony Hawk's "you're not going to be playing this game with a controller in your hands." It's out on PS3, 360, Wii and DS in October. We smell a peripheral coming...

Bizarrely (ho ho), the publisher also confirmed PGR dev Bizarre Creations' first Activision racer will be a James Bond game. In fact it'll be an original racing game that's been described as "Mario Kart meets Forza". Read more on that To view the link you have to Register or Login

We spoke to Activision this afternoon but unfortunately the company wasn't able to provide any further details about the new games. Don't hold your breath either, as it seems unlikely there'll be anyhting more on them until early next year, but don't let that stop you sepculating in the meantime.

Source: MTV
Old 05-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A Sci-Fi one would of been pants in my opinion.

I liked COD4 to start with, but the way people went on and on about it, seemingly spending more time playing online than doing anything else with their lives really put me off it.

All these statements, i am on a 10 man killing streak, and where is the best place to shoot the sniper rifle from, really ended up getting on my nerves. The campaign was good though I must admit.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
The reason they are doing Modern Warfare 2 is because Activision didn't want to pay me for Call of Duty: Future Warfare, which I had trademarked in an earlier thread.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
will be buying without a doubt.

over 7 days online on COD4 and nearly at one day on COD5 already
Old 09-12-2008, 08:23 AM

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
will be buying without a doubt.

over 7 days online on COD4 and nearly at one day on COD5 already
That means you can become a member of the real SAS now
Old 09-12-2008, 09:29 AM

jx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittens
I racked up an obsessive 16 says online on COD4 so it's a sure buy for me aswell. Although I'm hoping Killzone 2 will still have me hooked when this game comes out.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7xC-gBMY
Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 AM

16 DAYS!

Are there no other games available on the PS3?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:37 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Think you just answered your own question there Glenn!

Golf handicap - 9
Old 09-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Cheesy member

t_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i'm loving COD5. shame not many from the BBS crew have got in to it....

Quote:
Everybody knows you're a dirty little Tart!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i actually prefer COD5 to COD4
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 AM

jx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newts G
16 DAYS!

Are there no other games available on the PS3?
Yes but I was pretty serious with it competing in clan tournaments and such. Other games came and went but I always ended up going back to COD4. I had friends on my list with 30+ days, top of the leaderboards is about 90 days i think.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jx2384
Yes but I was pretty serious with it competing in clan tournaments and such. Other games came and went but I always ended up going back to COD4. I had friends on my list with 30+ days, top of the leaderboards is about 90 days i think.
I cant imagine ever being into a game like COD4 in that way (as per my previous posts) I find it all a bit pointless, just logging on playing the same maps, doing the same thing over and over again.

Each to their own though I suppose. Spending 90 days online You know what sort of person would do that, a total recluse who actually believes they are "Soap" in the game. Very scary.

I am watching Band of Brothers at the moment, so I fancy a ww2 game, so I may get COD5 at some point.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:32 AM

Snikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy1807
i actually prefer COD5 to COD4
I'm with you Dannyboy. I'm addicted to the zombie mode, obsessively so.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Cheesy member

t_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I am watching Band of Brothers at the moment, so I fancy a ww2 game, so I may get COD5 at some point.
amazing series. there's a new one coming out at some point...

Quote:
Old 09-12-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I cant imagine ever being into a game like COD4 in that way (as per my previous posts) I find it all a bit pointless, just logging on playing the same maps, doing the same thing over and over again.
The maps got a little repetative but there was a fair few of them, especially with the map pack. For me it was all the different guns, attachments, cammos, acheivments, tactics, game modes that kept it interesting. Plus having a group of guys who I got on with and reguarly played with always helps, makes it all feel a bit less "random" when logging on. I still didnt get all the golden guns!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:01 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_appletart
amazing series. there's a new one coming out at some point...
Winner, I love Band of Brothers, I got the boxset for chrimbo last year and watched an episode a night. Bit gutted now though as they have just released it on Blu Ray!

Golf handicap - 9
Old 09-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
Winner, I love Band of Brothers, I got the boxset for chrimbo last year and watched an episode a night. Bit gutted now though as they have just released it on Blu Ray!
its best series i think i have ever watched fantastic they have had the whole series on recently i think i have watched the entire series 5 times now
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 09-12-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
I tell you what, you give me your box set and I will give you £10 towards your blu ray box set, sort of like swapshop involving DVD's and Money. Nobody is buying anything here

I have watched it on my mp3 player, I started last monday and am up to episode 9. Usually that would be it, but I really want to watch it on my big screen at home now, as I dont think I really have had the full effect of the visual effects on such a small screen.

Alot of people had told me it was good, I just cant believe what an understatement that is. Truly fantastic TV. I am going to buy the book too!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Cheesy member

next one is set in the pacific...

Quote:
Old 09-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Cheesy member

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote: