Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:54 AM

Panga keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninePanga keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninePanga keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninePanga keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninePanga keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninePanga keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninePanga keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninePanga keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninePanga keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninePanga keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninePanga keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Annoying and pointless but at least it will drown out the England band
I never thought I would say this, but I would prefer to hear the band!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:19 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
It seems that people are never happy unless they have something to moan about

Not quite sure what the point is in taking the World Cup to Africa and then telling Africans how they should watch the World Cup.

Why don't we just hold it in England every 4 years and let it be as bland and samey as possible.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:29 AM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here

Last edited by pardew's shorts; 09-06-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Palace's Next Signing

LiamCPFC is game warden to the rep rhinoLiamCPFC is game warden to the rep rhinoLiamCPFC is game warden to the rep rhinoLiamCPFC is game warden to the rep rhinoLiamCPFC is game warden to the rep rhinoLiamCPFC is game warden to the rep rhinoLiamCPFC is game warden to the rep rhinoLiamCPFC is game warden to the rep rhinoLiamCPFC is game warden to the rep rhinoLiamCPFC is game warden to the rep rhinoLiamCPFC is game warden to the rep rhino
It's in South Africa and these horn things are their trademark so don't see why they shouldn't be allowed.

I cna see how they can be annoying (and will probably become more and more annoying as the World Cup goes on) but it would be like banning Palace fans singing that Woah Woah Wooooah song because other fans find it annoying, it's just a thing they do!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 AM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
What give FIFA the right to ban anything being in the possession of World Cup customers as they enter stadia?

If the law of the land allows it at licensed public events, it is not for FIFA to overrule.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:53 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
You guys obviously didn't watch the Confed Cup. It might create a better atmosphere in the ground but it creates a constant high pitched buzzing noise that remains constant during the entire match and will drive you all insane for 90 minutes.

100 x more annoying than any chanting could ever be

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 09-06-2010, 09:54 AM

muji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
it's should HAVE.

I know others have said it. But I can't stop myself
It's just as bad as 'your' meaning both your and you're (even Brighty does it on Twitter). Or even using 'their' meaning their, there and they're!

The meaning of words seems to becoming more and more secondary to their sound.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Stark Raving Normal

Bangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles
What give FIFA the right to ban anything being in the possession of World Cup customers as they enter stadia?

If the law of the land allows it at licensed public events, it is not for FIFA to overrule.
Indeed. The SA media talked about this last year after the Confed Cup but concluded it would not be possible / practical to impose a ban.

Vuvuzelas are in SA to stay. I'm near the Pretoria World Cup stadium Loftus Versfeld right now and can hear them being blown, two days before the tournament has even started. If you're unlucky enough to be stuck by someone at a game with one of these prepare to be deafened.

The mini-Vuvuzelas are pretty cool, they make a sound like a crying baby if blown correctly. Hawkers will be selling them I expect, unless FIFA succesfully clamp down on these fellas trying to make a few Rand during the tournament.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:58 AM

muji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuji : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Back on subject.

Today's poll in the Guardian is on the vuvuzela.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-06-2010, 09:59 AM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here

Last edited by pardew's shorts; 09-06-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:00 AM

surrey g dances on the sands, and yet no footing seensurrey g dances on the sands, and yet no footing seensurrey g dances on the sands, and yet no footing seensurrey g dances on the sands, and yet no footing seensurrey g dances on the sands, and yet no footing seensurrey g dances on the sands, and yet no footing seensurrey g dances on the sands, and yet no footing seensurrey g dances on the sands, and yet no footing seensurrey g dances on the sands, and yet no footing seensurrey g dances on the sands, and yet no footing seensurrey g dances on the sands, and yet no footing seen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket
Certainly should have
Darn beat me to it!
You just stood there grinning
Old 09-06-2010, 10:20 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
They probably find the way we watch football annoying too
Old 09-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
They probably find the way we watch football annoying too
^^^^^^

If anything, they should ban the minority of our fans who will no doubt be spoiling for a ruck at some point

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:26 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't think they are unique to South Africa. The Cricket fans watching Zimbabwe play Sri Lanka seem to have them too.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:29 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think they should ban all noise during play. Snooker and tennis have it right. Connect the ref up to a mic so he can shout:

"Quiet please."
Old 09-06-2010, 12:37 PM

palace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If these sarff africarrrns start singing glad all over i think the fab4 should sue them
Old 09-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Stark Raving Normal

Bangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

Old 09-06-2010, 01:07 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panga
I never thought I would say this, but I would prefer to hear the band!

Wait until they are on the 85th rendition of the great escape and see

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts
Besides, I imagine there will be a lot of games where there aren't all that many local fans in attendance anyway. A France-England quarter-final, for example, wouldn't feature too many vuvuzelas.
Thats because France wont get out the group stage

Last edited by Icy; 09-06-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:15 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts
People moaning about vuvuzelas is going to get very boring, very quickly, just as it did during the Confederations Cup last year.

They're great - one of the special aspects of World Cups is the chance to experience and embrace different cultures.

Each World Cup is unique, and the sights and sounds reflect that. We had the ticker-tape parades in Argentina; Mexican Waves in, er, Mexico; amazing noise and colour in Japan/South Korea; 2014 in Brazil will be a carnival.

This is Africa's first World Cup. It's crude in the extreme to try and interfere with their culture for the sake of armchair fans. Wouldn't it be boring if every World Cup looked and sounded the same?
Absolutely.

I saw a link somewhere on the Beeb footie website of Brazil v Italy (the 2-3 game, Rossi hat-trick) in a classic game in España '82. I can't find the link now, but if you do a search for clips, you'll hear background noise of horns/claxons in the crowd. Slightly like a vuvuzela. I remember loadsa games back in the 80s on the Continent had these sounds and no-one moaned about them. I haven't got a problem with Bafana-Bafana fans sounding those horns. We're just so used to the prawn sandwich brigade making no noise at all in the sanatised Premiershit while Scudamore and co see £ signs light up in their eyes.

Last edited by limited_edition; 09-06-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I heard a nasty rumour that they are going to allow negroes to watch the games. Surely FIFA will not allow this. We invented the bloody game and these heathens are destroying it. Did they learn nothing from the incessant littering that took place in Argentina.
I came and set fire to your shed