Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 21-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Optimistic Eagle

telodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettle
James

Johnson
Dawson
Terry
A.Cole

SWP
Barry
Gerrard
J.Cole

Defore
Crouch

Rooney doesn't look fully fit to me - he came back from a couple of injuries far quicker than anyone expected and I think that has caught up with him. Lampard hasn't shown club form. (nor has anyone else really).
Defoe & Crouch together up front have worked together before, and SWP and Cole can provide crosses for them both.
Also formation is one that players are comfortable with.
Agree with formation players and comments, especially re Rooney. I think he may even be carrying an injury that they are keeping hushed up have never seen him look so lethargic.
Old 21-06-2010, 10:56 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
James

Johnson
Terry
Dawson
Cole

Lennon
Barry
Gerrard
Cole

Rooney
Defoe (Crouch to replace if no breakthrough at 60 mins)
Old 21-06-2010, 10:59 AM

Son of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Bear
Following the thread about the team for Algeria, I imagine the debate will be even more fierce now:

Hold my hands up I've changed my mind since the last game, still think Heskey can do a job for us and think he's is critised too much but would drop him for this one:

---------------James--------------

Johnson----Terry----Upson----A.Cole

---------------Barry---------------

Lennon---------Lampard-------- J.Cole
-------------Gerrard------------------
-------------------Rooney------------
same for me, but with Dawson in for Upson and he and Terry swapping CB positions.
Old 21-06-2010, 11:09 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Upson gets the nod To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-06-2010, 11:10 AM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The line-ups I like the best are the ones minus Lampard.
Old 21-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We have to score, as simple as that...and for that reason I wouldnt go with just (an un-fit??) Rooney upfront.

James

Johnson
Terry
Dawson
Cole

Lennon
Gerrard
Barry
Cole

Defoe
Crouch

or as some have said 4-3-3 with

Barry
Gerrard
Lampard

Lennon
Rooney
Defoe
Old 21-06-2010, 11:29 AM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
--------------------Hart--------------------

Carragher ---- Terry----- Dawson------- Cole

--------------------Barry--------------------

Lennon------Lampard-----Gerrard--------Cole

-------------------Rewnie-------------------
Old 21-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
SWP is utter pants and must not play
Old 21-06-2010, 11:32 AM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant
--------------------Hart--------------------

Carragher ---- Terry----- Dawson------- Cole

--------------------Barry--------------------

Lennon------Lampard-----Gerrard--------Cole

-------------------Rewnie-------------------
Interesting! Why Carragher in for Johnson?
Old 21-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Kitler

Baldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBaldy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki
Whereas Lampard,Lennon,Milner,Gerrard,Rooney have all been f vcking brilliant.
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 21-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Chocolate banana!

DaCooks15 scores on a regular basisDaCooks15 scores on a regular basisDaCooks15 scores on a regular basisDaCooks15 scores on a regular basisDaCooks15 scores on a regular basisDaCooks15 scores on a regular basis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy
Hart

Johnson
Upson
Dawson
A Cole

J Cole
Carrick
Barry

Wright-Phillips

Crouch
Defoe
Is the right answer apart from Gerrard in for Carrick
Old 21-06-2010, 11:46 AM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki
Agreed. Same goes for Carrick. As for Carra, he's suspended so he can't play FB nor CB.
Old 21-06-2010, 11:58 AM

gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77
OMFG
Just what I was thinking!!
Old 21-06-2010, 12:00 PM

gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time gsaunders22 is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Quote:
Following the thread about the team for Algeria, I imagine the debate will be even more fierce now:

Hold my hands up I've changed my mind since the last game, still think Heskey can do a job for us and think he's is critised too much but would drop him for this one:

---------------James--------------

Johnson----Terry----Upson----A.Cole

---------------Barry---------------

Lennon---------Lampard-------- J.Cole
-------------Gerrard------------------
-------------------Rooney------------

^^^ Is the right answer.
Old 21-06-2010, 12:10 PM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got to be:

James

Johnson - Upson - Terry - Cole

Gerrard - Barry - Lampard

Lennon - Rooney - Cole
Old 21-06-2010, 12:24 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Interesting! Why Carragher in for Johnson?
I would like four defending defenders, simple as that. I am happy enough wth the attacking threat from the front 5 and Ashley Cole's ability to bomb on down the left so I am prepared to sacrifice a little on the right for solidity.
I'm not thrilled to bits by Carragher but Johnson's defending scares me to death (like James' goalkeeping in big games). I suppose I see Carragher as a lesser evil.
Old 21-06-2010, 12:29 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant
I would like four defending defenders, simple as that. I am happy enough wth the attacking threat from the front 5 and Ashley Cole's ability to bomb on down the left so I am prepared to sacrifice a little on the right for solidity.
I'm not thrilled to bits by Carragher but Johnson's defending scares me to death (like James' goalkeeping in big games). I suppose I see Carragher as a lesser evil.
Fair enough but any left winger with a bit of pace will have Carragher eating dust, before doing the same to the centre backs. This would leave us very slow at the back.
Old 21-06-2010, 12:32 PM

eagleight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettle
James

Johnson
Dawson
Terry
A.Cole

SWP
Barry
Gerrard
J.Cole

Defore
Crouch

Rooney doesn't look fully fit to me - he came back from a couple of injuries far quicker than anyone expected and I think that has caught up with him. Lampard hasn't shown club form. (nor has anyone else really).
Defoe & Crouch together up front have worked together before, and SWP and Cole can provide crosses for them both.
Also formation is one that players are comfortable with.

Yep i'm liking that line up
Old 21-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
A goalkeeper

RB: Someone who isn't Glen Johnson.
LB: Cole, Cash
CB: Upson
CB: The guy from Spurs

Hold: Hargreaves, damnit, er.....Barry?
Playmaker: Barry (oh shit - I see the problem here)

AMR: Walcott (another problem here)
AMC: Lampard
AML: Cole, Joseph (would have been Johnson, Adam)

CF: I have no idea. Rooney is playing cack, defoe isn't very good. Um, Crouch?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Jungle is indeed "massiv"

kettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleight
Yep i'm liking that line up
Problem is:

Would Fabio drop Rooney? no
Would Fabio drop Lampard? possibly
Have the players played too many games? Yes
Finally, would Fabio make so many changes? No