Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 30-07-2014, 06:08 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly cromwell View Post
I was with 3 when it first started (many years ago) personally I would never go back
I have been with Virgin and I am very happy, cheap and never loose coverage, then again I only want a good iphone and am not interested in music
A lot of people say the same as you. When Three first started, coverage was awful. Now it seems to be the best available. I always seem to have a full signal wherever I go, whereas those on other Networks do not. You really should give it another try.
Old 30-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't three use o2s coverage?
Not sure where I heard that

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
Old 30-07-2014, 11:47 AM
mildly apathetic!

doa is AJ vs the 'weeddoa is AJ vs the 'weeddoa is AJ vs the 'weeddoa is AJ vs the 'weeddoa is AJ vs the 'weeddoa is AJ vs the 'weeddoa is AJ vs the 'weeddoa is AJ vs the 'weeddoa is AJ vs the 'weeddoa is AJ vs the 'weeddoa is AJ vs the 'weed
Three have just added free wi-fi on the london underground:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 30-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
my mates 3 coverage in Sutton of all places in diabolical
Old 31-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
O2 are, by my experience anyway, the middle ground provider, in terms of cost vs. reliability. Their 4g coverage is outstanding from my experience so far, and I even get 4G in Limpsfield, which was a pleasant surprise.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone know anything about 3 in touch. It's their new app where if the signal is rubbish you can text and call using the wifi. Which seems a good idea.

Just wondering how it works abroad.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:40 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly cromwell View Post
I have been with Virgin and I am very happy...
Old 04-10-2014, 01:16 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Anyone else getting very slow speed tethering iPad to iPhone via Bluetooth?

I have a retina iPad (version before ipad air) tethered to an iPhone 5 on the Three network, both are running IOS8. If I do a speed test on the phone I get upload and download speed of around 20 Mbps. On the iPad I am getting about 1 Mbps.

I am tethering by Bluetooth, if I attempt to tether by Wi-Fi the iPad can't find the phone as a network.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Free usage of the French system is brill. Often when we are fishing in the channel the only visible mobile networks are in France. Now I'm on 3 - thanks to James et al - not only can I still make calls etc, it doesn't cost me anything to use it.

Additionally we now have 4G down here in Dorset. Again at no extra cost.

What's not to like?
Old 05-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Bluetooth is far easier on the battery.
^^^^^^

This. linking by wifi I can just about watch a live game but my battery will die at some point that evening. Linking by Bluetooth and I can watch the game along with the half time and full time 'analysis' and the phone will still be going strong all evening.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:39 PM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had a letter today saying that my one contract will be changed to some other contract with 4gb capped tether in Feb.

Any better options for tethering now? Ideally I'd like to leave three to show my disgust at this decision.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Haven't had that letter, though I probably haven't told them I've moved.

Annoying if true as they've just turned on 4G where I live and it is blazing fast at the moment (like 40 Mbps fast)
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 10-12-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsilly View Post
Had a letter today saying that my one contract will be changed to some other contract with 4gb capped tether in Feb.

Any better options for tethering now? Ideally I'd like to leave three to show my disgust at this decision.
Any chance you could post a scan/photo of the letter with your details hidden?

I use three unlimited tethering for my internet at home so I'll be taking my business elsewhere, will have to get a cheaper contract and use the difference to get Broadband.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
why are companies getting picky about tethering now? Giff Gaff have completely stopped it, the main companies have all stopped unlimited data unless you sign up to a stupidly high monthly contract, yet they still continue to make billions, surely it cant physically cost them that much to revert back to unlimited data plans?
Old 12-12-2014, 05:43 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
Read an article recently that (something like) 5% of users were using 95% of the total data when it was all unlimited. With more and more video streaming etc I'm not surprised and completely agree with them capping the allowances.

People are tethering laptops and downloading movies etc all day and that's clearly taking the mick.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have an Iphone 5 and just swapped to 3 from O2 (was paying 42 a month for 2GB) I was told at first I'd only be able to receive a 3G signal. Changed over - 18 a month, unlimited data and 200 mins of calls and the ability to leave whenever I want. Turns out you can get 4G signal on the original Iphone 5

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 12-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsilly View Post

Can I recommend anyone go into an EE store and on the sly ask to buy a staff discount. Takes some bollocks (got thrown out of EE eltham) and a few rejections but it's brilliant if you can get it. I got a Sony Xperia Z2 with 20gb of 4G data for 27.99 a month. Had to give the bloke 100 but when you think about the standard monthly cost, which was 43.99 a month, its a huuuuge saving.

Pretty sure you can do it for existing numbers too.

I changed over from 3 after they told me if I upgraded I'd lose the unlimited so told em to stuff it.

Also, I did a speed test with EE in Canary Wharf and it hit 60Mbps.
I use the data a lot at work for tethering movies, TV shows, boxing and games and rarely go over 10GB.

Last edited by Joe85; 12-12-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Can I recommend anyone go into an EE store and on the sly ask to buy a staff discount. Takes some bollocks (got thrown out of EE eltham) and a few rejections but it's brilliant if you can get it. I got a Sony Xperia Z2 with 20gb of 4G data for 27.99 a month. Had to give the bloke 100 but when you think about the standard monthly cost, which was 43.99 a month, its a huuuuge saving.

Pretty sure you can do it for existing numbers too.

I changed over from 3 after they told me if I upgraded I'd lose the unlimited so told em to stuff it.

Also, I did a speed test with EE in Canary Wharf and it hit 60Mbps.
I use the data a lot at work for tethering movies, TV shows, boxing and games and rarely go over 10GB.

4 gig is pony though
Old 12-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
I get 20 gig and it's blazing fast. Nothing pony about it.

They do 50 gig contract too, which with the 40% discount is around 35 a month I think.

Last edited by Joe85; 12-12-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 13-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
4 gig is pony though
Pony?