Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2015, 09:55 PM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm not ITK or anything but I have a feeling we will sign Gestede on deadline day.
Old 24-01-2015, 10:16 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
We don't need him

We have goals in the team.
We have Sanogo on loan... What happens when he goes back in the Summer? It would be nice to have a player similar to him already on board.
Old 24-01-2015, 11:08 PM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would rather gestede then any other striker weve been linked with. Not fussed if we dont get a new striker, we've had chamakh,sanogo,murray all coming into the team so i think we're fine
Old 24-01-2015, 11:44 PM
'89-'07 Thank You Benny

bunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Maybe we should offer Campbell + cash?
Old 25-01-2015, 12:05 AM
Northern Monkey

Palace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like Gestede, think he has a great eye for goal but not convinced we need him at this stage. I guess long term you have to look at the fact Sanogo and Zaha are on loan from our attacking options.

Obviously there's the concern of him making the step up to the Prem.
Old 25-01-2015, 03:11 AM

Krise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I just think that 5m for this guy is worth it. He should be on the bench, but I support him in making more of an impact than the other strikers, if brought on. He has a point to prove. If he does reasonably well for Palace I can't see his value decreasing. But I'm pissed, as in drunk, atm, and it's not my money.
Old 25-01-2015, 08:22 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In an age when you need to be able to change things up mid-game I can see where this guy would be useful. Our strikers don't score many goals at all from headers - and he'd give us that option.
Old 25-01-2015, 08:31 AM

Uncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Keep strengthening at every opportunity.

Sanogo is not the answer because if he turns out to be decent, Arsenal will want him and if he is (as I suspect) average, they will still want a very decent price.

Sign Gestede for 5m and let's see. His goal yesterday showed his physical prowess and that clearly gives us a different quality.

Must always move forward no matter how harsh that may seem on whoever gets dropped. Gestede is not a big enough fish to unsettle us either.

We really have a chance to cement our place and must show some ambition as our Chairman always extols.
Old 25-01-2015, 08:44 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sounds like a blinking competition with Blackburn. As it stands they have the upper hand but as january draws to a close the balance of power will shift in our favour as they desperately need the money .
Old 25-01-2015, 08:46 AM
I remember Rudi Hedman

Fernando has got sunshine in a bagFernando has got sunshine in a bagFernando has got sunshine in a bagFernando has got sunshine in a bagFernando has got sunshine in a bagFernando has got sunshine in a bagFernando has got sunshine in a bagFernando has got sunshine in a bagFernando has got sunshine in a bagFernando has got sunshine in a bagFernando has got sunshine in a bag
Gestede has matured into a good player. I can see him being a good buy and option for us. Fantastic aerial prowess and looks like he has hunger for playing. He is the best option would take him any day over Gomis and more importantly he seemingly wants to play for us. Pardew can work hi striker magic over him andall of a sudden we will be in the realms of team selection worries, it's amazing hiw these were the same players under warnovk , who underwhelmed most times, our best signing of the year , a super al.
Old 25-01-2015, 10:24 AM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Much better signing than gomis would be imo.
Old 25-01-2015, 10:29 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilem View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you but based upon what?

Gestede has done nothing in his career goals wise int last 12 months where he has found his feet in championship. 26yrs old, they want 6m

Gomis has scored all his career including champions league, been capped internationally, has hardly played at Swansea this year so can't really judge him on that. Allegedly 7-9m 29 years old.

Now if we were to take away the names of who they were we would all choose gomis. I'm a little bemused by the fact people are turning their noses up at him. He'd be far superior to anyone we have.

Not saying gestede wouldn't be a good signing because I think he has looked good this season

Edit - just checked gomis scorning record. Since 2006 he has scored a minimum of 10 goals a season up until this year.

Last edited by Thefunkymonk; 25-01-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 25-01-2015, 10:29 AM

bob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
this!
Old 25-01-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post

Gestede has done nothing in his career goals wise int last 12 months where he has found his feet in championship. 26yrs old, they want 6m

Gomis has scored all his career including champions league, been capped internationally, has hardly played at Swansea this year so can't really judge him on that. Allegedly 7-9m 29 years old.

Now if we were to take away the names of who they were we would all choose gomis. I'm a little bemused by the fact people are turning their noses up at him. He'd be far superior to anyone we have.

Not saying gestede wouldn't be a good signing because I think he has looked good this season

Edit - just checked gomis scorning record. Since 2006 he has scored a minimum of 10 goals a season up until this year.
I would of been delighted if we signed gomis for a free contract in the summer. But 9million and 70k a week is insane for a player who will only start decreasing in ability in the next few years. Gestede is 3,4 years younger, undoubtedly more hungry, needs to prove himself in the prem. WHilst gestede wants to prove himself, it seem like gomis is just trying to grab as much $$$$$ as he can.
Old 25-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I would of been delighted if we signed gomis for a free contract in the summer. But 9million and 70k a week is insane for a player who will only start decreasing in ability in the next few years. Gestede is 3,4 years younger, undoubtedly more hungry, needs to prove himself in the prem. WHilst gestede wants to prove himself, it seem like gomis is just trying to grab as much $$$$$ as he can.

But there is no such thing as a 'free' - we'd have had to match the 8m signing on fee that Swansea paid. He basically no more expensive now than he was then.
Old 25-01-2015, 10:47 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:

Based on his appearances for Swansea he has looked pretty average to me, with a poor first touch. Moreover his hold up play has been woeful, which will be a big part of the role we want him to play.

Compared to Chamakh he is pretty rubbish. At the end of a 3 year contract we will have paid out 21 million and he will be 32.

Old, rich, french and Swansea want rid with no apparent replacement.

Big No from me
Old 25-01-2015, 10:48 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
I agree.. 9m and 70k a week is absurd. But who says that? Couple of red top papers! The same ones who said we spent 7m on MacArthur and 6m on gayle which have both been rubbished by the club.

And in another note, as much as it grates on me, we will, to stay in this league and push, have to start paying players this sort of wonga. Depressing but reality - not this season but if we continue to stay up
Old 25-01-2015, 11:05 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
I agree.. 9m and 70k a week is absurd. But who says that? Couple of red top papers! The same ones who said we spent 7m on MacArthur and 6m on gayle which have both been rubbished by the club.
The club would rubbish reports if we had paid 1m for them

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 25-01-2015, 11:08 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:

And in another note, as much as it grates on me, we will, to stay in this league and push, have to start paying players this sort of wonga. Depressing but reality - not this season but if we continue to stay up
Gomis will easily be on 70k a week at Swansea. They didn't pay a transfer fee for him and he was wanted by a number of clubs in the summer so would have accepted the highest offer.

Gestede is the best option in my opinion and at 5million in this current market isn't a bad price. If he has a decent couple of seasons we would easily make out money back on him and some of an offer came in.
Old 25-01-2015, 11:21 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Gustede looked very good yesterday. He's tall, quick and very strong so would have a physical presence that we really need at the moment. And he has shown he knows how to hit the back of the net, but we need to play hard with Blackburn and not give in easily in a negotiation battle which I'm sure SP wont. We can like someone else said offer Campbell plus Cash. He'd be a good acquisition definitely, but we need to balance the books as we have 5 strikers at present if you'd class Chamakh as one.

Clinton Morrison.
Closed Thread