Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 27-06-2016, 07:01 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
England vs Iceland

Surely even we can't feck this one up...?

That said Iceland have a couple of dangermen, Siggurdson particularly.

While reports are saying Sterling to start
Old 27-06-2016, 07:05 AM
Banned by Moderators

ExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They won't be a push over and we need to respect them.

Hopefully the coaches have been working on ways to break down stubborn defences and negative tactics, as I can see them just sitting back and trying to hit us on the break.

I'd play some team as Russia and Wales games, but with Sturridge replacing Sterling.
Old 27-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Woy should be sacked immediately if he announces a starting line up including Sterling.
Old 27-06-2016, 07:46 AM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Come on Iceland!
Old 27-06-2016, 08:52 AM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Could this match effect who will manage Palace next season I wonder...
Old 27-06-2016, 09:03 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Strangely quiet in here, I guess like a lot of people I've never felt less patriotic, **** England
Old 27-06-2016, 09:03 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
Could this match effect who will manage Palace next season I wonder...
Lars Lagerback is extremely experienced, could so worse, but think he's retiring.
Old 27-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Think I read Lagerback has faced England six times and never lost.

Having seen Iceland in qualifying (and the group stages) I'm genuinely worried. Yes their country is the size of Croydon but they're unbeaten in the tournament so far and beat the likes of Holland, Czech and Turkey to get here. We need an early goal so they're forced to attack us, otherwise it could be another long, long night.

Starting Sterling would be utter madness. They're going to put 10 men behind the ball and Shaun Wright-Phillips aside I don't think I've ever seen a winger who's better at running into brick walls/down blind alleys.

I reckon this will be the line-up, which is probably what I'd go with as well:

Hart
Walker Smalling Cahill Rose
Dier Rooney
Sturridge Alli Lallana
Kane

If we take the lead get Vardy on in the second half to expose the space in behind.
Old 27-06-2016, 10:10 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Games like these, and I hate myself for saying it, I wish we had Andy Carroll.
Old 27-06-2016, 10:11 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
England to win both to score.
Old 27-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Banned by Moderators

ExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Think I read Lagerback has faced England six times and never lost.

Having seen Iceland in qualifying (and the group stages) I'm genuinely worried. Yes their country is the size of Croydon but they're unbeaten in the tournament so far and beat the likes of Holland, Czech and Turkey to get here. We need an early goal so they're forced to attack us, otherwise it could be another long, long night.

Starting Sterling would be utter madness. They're going to put 10 men behind the ball and Shaun Wright-Phillips aside I don't think I've ever seen a winger who's better at running into brick walls/down blind alleys.

I reckon this will be the line-up, which is probably what I'd go with as well:

Hart
Walker Smalling Cahill Rose
Dier Rooney
Sturridge Alli Lallana
Kane

If we take the lead get Vardy on in the second half to expose the space in behind.
Yep that's the one

Unfortunately most papers are saying it's very likely Sterling will play, with Lallana missing out and Sturridge coming in. I really don't get Hodgsons obsession with Sterling as he's really been poor so far.
Old 27-06-2016, 10:14 AM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
England should win tonight and I don't want to think about the reaction if we don't. Iceland will play very defensively so it will be interesting to see what the players have learnt after last Monday it getting past a strong defence.
Old 27-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
England should win tonight and I don't want to think about the reaction if we don't. Iceland will play very defensively so it will be interesting to see what the players have learnt after last Monday it getting past a strong defence.
I'm a supporter of Hodgson (albeit aware he is not without his flaws) but if we do go out to Iceland, surely it will be curtains for Roy.

Playing Russia, Wales and Slovakia has given the team practice playing against teams that park the bus, but we really need to become more clinical and make our domination count.
Old 27-06-2016, 11:26 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Don't be surprised if Iceland come out all guns blazing and get an early goal.

Woy, with is his arrogance, will probably over look that as a possibility and we will spend the rest of the game passing sideways outside the Iceland penalty area.

Hope I'm completely wrong.
Old 27-06-2016, 11:32 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Come on England lets get revenge for the Cod war.
Old 27-06-2016, 11:51 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Don't be surprised if Iceland come out all guns blazing and get an early goal.

Woy, with is his arrogance, will probably over look that as a possibility and we will spend the rest of the game passing sideways outside the Iceland penalty area.

Hope I'm completely wrong.
They are going to set up exactly the same as the other 3 teams we have played.
Old 27-06-2016, 11:56 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Given the mood of the country at present, I think scare mongering tactics might be the order of the day. Getting knocked out by Iceland might just send the entire country over the edge. Do Roy and the players really want to be responsible for that?
Old 27-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
We've tried win our previous games by largely going through the middle. Reckon we'll see Sterling start and a much more conscious effort from England to get the ball out wide.
Old 27-06-2016, 11:59 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Be surprising to see Sterling start again if rumours are true, hope Henderson is nowhere near the starting line up though.
Old 27-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Time For Heroes

I think this is a big night for Kane.

He should in theory, get service, and then it's up to him to do something with it.

If not, I think it would have to be Vardy to tart the next game, if of course we got through.