Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 23-05-2018, 08:37 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Let them off the hook with the bowling though ROB - allowing 151 runs for the last one wicket taken, after having them seemingly rocking at 131 for 5.
Old 23-05-2018, 08:42 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
Let them off the hook with the bowling though ROB - allowing 151 runs for the last one wicket taken, after having them seemingly rocking at 131 for 5.
True enough. Anyway, a win's a win in that competition considering the first two games.
Old 23-05-2018, 09:00 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Gareth Batty is still a wily old fox, isn't he? 10 overs at <5/over again today.
Old 24-05-2018, 12:22 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
No Kohli for Surrey this season...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Cricket wanker.
Old 24-05-2018, 12:29 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post

Bollocks!! I got tickets on Monday to the Kent v Surrey one dayer at Beckenham which was going to be his first game!
Old 24-05-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:

I appreciate that it’s all because of Marsh’s injury but it serves Surrey right for their ridiculous ‘We’ll sign Elgar for May, Kohli for June’ approach.

Alec Stewart is a Chelsea-supporting, bigtime-Charlie, money-whore.
Old 24-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Didn't fancy facing Kent at Beckenham
Old 24-05-2018, 09:53 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:

As a Surrey fan, I realise I hold a minority view on this, but I'm not sorry about his absence; indeed, quite the opposite. I feel really uncomfortable about these players with big reputations who flit in and out for such short periods. They're not particularly interested in playing for Surrey; they're just interested in making a quick buck and, sometimes, taking the opportunity to practice in English conditions.

And from a Surrey viewpoint, although it breaks no rules, it feels almost like cheating. I'd actually rather see one of the youngsters brought in. I've no objection to overseas players joining the club; I've loved watching many of them over the years. I simply object to these very short term convenience signings
Old 24-05-2018, 09:57 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
As a Surrey fan, I realise I hold a minority view on this, but I'm not sorry about his absence; indeed, quite the opposite. I feel really uncomfortable about these players with big reputations who flit in and out for such short periods. They're not particularly interested in playing for Surrey; they're just interested in making a quick buck and, sometimes, taking the opportunity to practice in English conditions.

And from a Surrey viewpoint, although it breaks no rules, it feels almost like cheating. I'd actually rather see one of the youngsters brought in. I've no objection to overseas players joining the club; I've loved watching many of them over the years. I simply object to these very short term convenience signings
I agree 100%

Cricket wanker.
Old 24-05-2018, 10:11 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
Quote:

I have to agree too, Sangakarra for a couple of seasons was great but Kohli for a handful of games no thanks.
Old 24-05-2018, 10:48 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Big money signings just seem way too expensive for the amount of game time they have. Just not good value for money.

Great to see young players come through the ranks and take more pleasure out of that than bought success.

Will Jacks Ton was great to watch on Wednesday hopefully one of the rising stars. England can do with some new talent!
Old 24-05-2018, 10:48 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Bollocks!! I got tickets on Monday to the Kent v Surrey one dayer at Beckenham which was going to be his first game!
Me too. But should still be a decent game and only 20 quid per ticket.
Old 25-05-2018, 04:57 AM

Quote:

+1

I’m not sure it is a minority view, Ian
Old 25-05-2018, 06:27 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Very true Ian.

(Though to be fair to Kohli he wasn't getting much money - accommodation and expenses only.)
Old 25-05-2018, 07:00 AM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
As much as I was looking forward to seeing Kohli, I'd rather see Surrey develop their young players. I enjoyed watching Will Jacks score a brilliant 121 this week. Chances are either he or Pope, another excellent young player would have had to sit out to find a place for Kohli.

I don't take watching Surrey or county cricket too seriously as I do with Palace. The minute young players do well they are likely to end up not playing for their County if England pick them. I expect both Curran brothers to soon be lost to Surrey due to international call up.

However like the England football team, being picked for the Test team seems to sometimes be a poisoned chalice. Expect Stoneman to lose his place and return to the Surrey fold soon.
Old 25-05-2018, 09:39 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Mmm.. the ECB bemoaning the lack of English spin bowlers whilst scheduling the county championship in April, May and September.

******* divs.

Saying the same thing. I know the financial side of 20/20 is important,but there are enough games in that comp that could be played at the start and end of the season and they will still get the crowds. They can also play the short 20/20 in pretty crap conditions as well.
Mixed views on Kohli. Liked to see him play,but for one month only is not the answer. Kent will be sick as they saw him as a big money earner for them.
Did not realize Elgar was only here for May as per Ian's post.

For the person asking about late arrival at the Oval for County games. The entry is free after tea. Bit of a wait now though.
Anyone know the fitness status of Morkel ? They said June,but when?
Old 25-05-2018, 10:35 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Ian I agree entirely.I grew up in a time when Kent had a number of overseas players who stayed years. It also it seems we the only country where local teams give test opponents batting practice before a test series
Old 25-05-2018, 11:03 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
Ian I agree entirely.I grew up in a time when Kent had a number of overseas players who stayed years.
Yes, me too. The introduction of overseas players was, I recall, much criticised at the beginning, and used as a ridiculous excuse for England's Test team declining. I could never understand such arguments, and thought they most;y enriched our game. But, as you say, they mostly stayed for years, and they felt as much a part of the team as any other player. Totally different from today's practice of bringing someone in for a few games.

My memory might be letting me down here, but I'm pretty sure Surrey's first overseas player was Intikhab Alam, and what an entertaining player he was to watch. And he stayed for several years
Old 26-05-2018, 10:27 AM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
Anyone know the fitness status of Morkel ? They said June,but when?
He played a couple of games for the 2nd XI this week, so hopefully not too much longer.
Old 27-05-2018, 11:39 AM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brave call to keep Borthwick on after getting tonked is rewarded with back-to-back wickets at Essex.

I'm really liking the teams live-streaming their games this season.