Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 25-05-2018, 02:53 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud View Post
How strange. When the defense is strong, Hennessey is pretty good.
Yet he still makes cock ups.........

Look he's not a number one goal keeper he's a number two......

Why has nearly every manager since Pulis tried to replace him?
Old 25-05-2018, 07:24 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud View Post
Many said that this time last season, but...........
I didn't.
Old 25-05-2018, 07:31 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
What about Jeff Hopkins - can't see Sakho having the class to chip the keeper from 30 yards

Poor old Suckling - never saw that coming
Old 25-05-2018, 07:40 PM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
but I also think Benteke will have a good season next season.
Old 25-05-2018, 07:46 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
He isn't better than Kenny Sansom, or Ashley Cole, either when they were with us or their onwards careers

And is he a better defender that Eric Young, Andy Thorn or Jim Cannon? He is a more cultured footballer certainly, but he also makes some very strange errors
I'd agree that Kenny and Ashley Cole were probably better, but given that they are both in the top half a dozen or so most capped English full backs, that's a pretty high bar to set. But in terms of centre backs, he's certainly the best I've ever seen at Palace (going back to late 70s), and several levels above any of the three you mention imho.

Yes, there's always the risk of a moment of madness, but that aside (and if he didn't have that, he'd be 1st choice for one of Europe's top half a dozen clubs imho), he does absolutely everything extremely well. He's extremely effective defensively as well as being a very cultured footballer. But the biggest thing of all, is the influence he seems to have on those around him. I don't think I've ever seen a Palace player who' seems to make others around him look better in the way Sakho does.

That influence means that he's imho a close second behind Wilf as our most important player, and like Wilf, I'd only want us to consider selling if we get a crazy offer and the player himself makes it clear he wants to go.

Last edited by Jason; 28-05-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 25-05-2018, 07:53 PM

mogsey1510 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemogsey1510 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemogsey1510 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemogsey1510 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemogsey1510 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemogsey1510 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemogsey1510 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemogsey1510 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemogsey1510 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemogsey1510 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemogsey1510 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
25 Million would not replace him
Agree - We can't be selling any of our genuine class acts. What sort of message does that send out to the likes of Wilf & Luka?
Old 25-05-2018, 07:57 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
This thread needs to be closed
Old 26-05-2018, 06:35 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
Don’t want to see him go, he has been an integral part of our improvement once he came back from injury, his long term fitness has been the only issue - I think he is the best centre back we have had since Craig Moore some 20 years ago.

Does anyone know if we will revisit signing Amadou, the Lille defender, who was ready to sign at Beckenham in January, but Lille would not let him go at the last minute?
Best since tomkins more like
Old 26-05-2018, 06:37 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I'd agree that Kenny and Ashley Young were probably better, but given that they are both in the top half a dozen or so most capped English full backs, that's a pretty high bar to set. But in terms of centre backs, he's certainly the best I've ever seen at Palace (going back to late 70s), and several levels above any of the three you mention imho.

Yes, there's always the risk of a moment of madness, but that aside (and if he didn't have that, he'd be 1st choice for one of Europe's top half a dozen clubs imho), he does absolutely everything extremely well. He's extremely effective defensively as well as being a very cultured footballer. But the biggest thing of all, is the influence he seems to have on those around him. I don't think I've ever seen a Palace player who' seems to make others around him look better in the way Sakho does.

That influence means that he's imho a close second behind Wilf as our most important player, and like Wilf, I'd only want us to consider selling if we get a crazy offer and the player himself makes it clear he wants to go.
Ashley Young ?

What you talkin ‘bout Willis ?
Old 26-05-2018, 07:25 AM

srh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
this is not going to happen. all these made up stories to encourage people to view ads
Old 26-05-2018, 09:01 AM

Chewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
100 million for a strand of his magnificent hair.
Old 26-05-2018, 09:16 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
100 million for a strand of his magnificent hair.
Sakweh
Old 26-05-2018, 09:17 AM

Chewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChewbacca : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Sakweh
Oh yes heweeehhhh
Old 26-05-2018, 10:03 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Yep he’s class. And the reasons we have got him is because he is a little mad and a little injury prone.
And because we signed his best mate Benteke first, probably.
Old 26-05-2018, 10:09 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's a tricky one to call as to whether he can be tempted to move to Lyon, afterall it is his homeland club and were once a Top team who may well be looking to re-emerge as a force again, which may tempt him.
From Palace's point of view it is only natural that Roy would want to keep and continue his impressive partnership with Tomkins, but i cant help think of how he also can be open to horrendous silly errors putting his team under unnecessary pressure.
Which is most likely why a good judge of players like Klopp decided to sell as he can be a liability for a top club, but from Palace's point of view he has brought that bit of composure to the Central Defence we lacked previously and it would be disappointing to lose him, but if an offer around £35m would be hard for the club to resist.
I dont think Roy will sell.
Old 26-05-2018, 10:30 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
It's a tricky one to call as to whether he can be tempted to move to Lyon, afterall it is his homeland club
His ‘homeland club’ was PSG.
Old 26-05-2018, 10:40 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
His ‘homeland club’ was PSG.
By "homeland" i meant to say him returning home, but you are quite right he did come via PSG.
Old 26-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I'd agree that Kenny and Ashley Young were probably better, but given that they are both in the top half a dozen or so most capped English full backs, that's a pretty high bar to set. But in terms of centre backs, he's certainly the best I've ever seen at Palace (going back to late 70s), and several levels above any of the three you mention imho...
It's always difficult comparing players from different eras - although I broadly agree with 917L.

More importantly, for me, he's not even the best central defender in our current squad, let alone of all time.
Old 26-05-2018, 03:34 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
It's always difficult comparing players from different eras - although I broadly agree with 917L.

More importantly, for me, he's not even the best central defender in our current squad, let alone of all time.
Yeah. I’d say he’s classier than Tomkins in terms of what he can offer playing out from the back, but James just does the simple things so well, and is just calmer and less error prone.
Old 26-05-2018, 03:45 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
What about Jeff Hopkins - can't see Sakho having the class to chip the keeper from 30 yards
what a goal. What a game beating the scum 4-3!.