Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 02-05-2019, 10:55 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleye20 View Post
There has to be a complaint first, but they will investigate.
Well if that is the case, maybe instead of grandstanding in the HoP why doesn't Tom Watson simply make a complaint? Or anyone for that matter who believes an internal investigation is not enough.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:50 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Because the evidence is conclusive?
Is it conclusive? I have seen the word compelling used but haven't seen it suggested as conclusive.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
I can’t understand what might constitute compelling inconclusive evidence.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-05-2019, 01:17 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Something on the side of a bus?
Old 02-05-2019, 01:46 PM

redeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He has sworn his innocence on the lives of his children. 30 years in the criminal justice system has taught me that its the sign of a wrong un. As reliable as a signed confession in my book.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:38 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Plenty.

I would argue it is the difference between the legal test for a decison between the civil and criminal courts.

A compelling case might get you 'on the balance of probability' but it won't get you 'beyond all reasonable doubt'.

Unless they have categorical evidence that he did it, i.e. a recording of a phonecall, a document sent or the admission of either party, which it appears that they have none of the above, it is not conclusive.

It is also that second test that would need to be met should the police investigate and charges brought. If they know there is no document, no recording and the parties involved will deny or argue they are protecting confidential sources they is IMO little hope of a successful prosecution.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:43 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Plenty.

I would argue it is the difference between the legal test for a decison between the civil and criminal courts.

A compelling case might get you 'on the balance of probability' but it won't get you 'beyond all reasonable doubt'.
I think you should look up the definition of 'compelling'.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 02-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I think you should look up the definition of 'compelling'.
Quite. To my mind, it crosses the criminal threshold of proof. The civil threshold is merely “probably”, and “compelling” several degrees more forceful than that!

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-05-2019, 04:45 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because the evidence is conclusive?
I'm not sure you understood my post.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:59 PM
Semper Idem

Apologies.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-05-2019, 05:23 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Compelling. Great. I dont think or believe compelling means definitely does it? Anyone in the cabinet or the permanent secretaries could have leaked the info. I would be inclined to believe "concrete" evidence or clear proof/evidence. Compelling is not fact
Old 02-05-2019, 06:27 PM

Twiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
China?

If so, they have done us a favour.
It would be lol....if it was found he used a Huawei phone....
Old 02-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Compelling. Great. I dont think or believe compelling means definitely does it? Anyone in the cabinet or the permanent secretaries could have leaked the info. I would be inclined to believe "concrete" evidence or clear proof/evidence. Compelling is not fact
Even though they weren’t in the meeting? What are you drinking?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-05-2019, 08:53 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Compelling = highly persuasive. It's also subjective. One person's compelling evidence may look like Swiss cheese to someone else.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 03-05-2019, 09:00 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
Compelling = highly persuasive. It's also subjective. One person's compelling evidence may look like Swiss cheese to someone else.
Gruyere and Jarlsberg for example
Old 03-05-2019, 09:05 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Something on the side of a bus?
Old 05-05-2019, 08:39 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Can someone please read this report and confirm that I actually read the following about Williamson and haven’t fallen into some kind of 19th century European imperialist time warp:

A source from the Ministry of Defence is quoted as saying: "He wanted to invade Africa."

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 05-05-2019, 10:53 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Can someone please read this report and confirm that I actually read the following about Williamson and haven’t fallen into some kind of 19th century European imperialist time warp:

A source from the Ministry of Defence is quoted as saying: "He wanted to invade Africa."
It's absolute bullshit and whoever leaked that, for the purposes of trying to damage Williamson, should be fired. That has gone global, all because someone is briefing to try and get a petty domestic advantage.

When looking at the detail in turns out to be about peacekeeping and supporting anti-poaching efforts. But too late, the damage is done.

Honestly, I'm more disgusted by this then the first leak.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:57 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Spot the difference. First and second versions from the Times

V

Now guess which version Russia Today and PressTV are going with?
Old 06-05-2019, 09:21 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
says our resident 9/11 conspiracy believer.

SaulAlinsky