Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-05-2019, 06:54 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Slapping (metaphorically) Howe's smug chops on the last day of the season will fill me with an enormous sense of well-being.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:06 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
If we donít give some reserve/academy players a chance in a game like this then when will we. Itís the perfect opportunity. Youíve got to think about the future as well as the short term.
We did against Middlesbrough and got beat, then the moaners say we don't try in the cup. If he does it this time and lose, they will moan we didn't achieve our highest points total.
That's why he does what he feels is best.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Our squad is an ageing one and we dont have enough money to simply replace them. Our academy players will hopefully play a part as its essential we bring some through.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:38 PM

BollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I don't think the clubs cares too much about the fans' money and has been rather careless with its own money, so I'm not going to lose sleep over this one.
That's pathetic. Go and support someone else then
Old 06-05-2019, 07:39 PM
Probationary User

BillyEagle is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Our squad is an ageing one and we dont have enough money to simply replace them. Our academy players will hopefully play a part as its essential we bring some through.
Absolutely! Let's give them some game time, grab the win and get out of there (well actually stay and applaud the players in what a been a respectable season)!
Old 06-05-2019, 07:47 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1968 View Post
We did against Middlesbrough and got beat, then the moaners say we don't try in the cup. If he does it this time and lose, they will moan we didn't achieve our highest points total.
That's why he does what he feels is best.
Thatís odd logic.

Playing a reserve team for a winnable cup game is different to playing a couple of young players in the last game of the season when there are only two places at stake.

I honestly donít think the vast majority of fans would be critical of Hodgson if he played a couple of the under 23 players in this game.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:52 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thatís odd logic.

I honestly donít think the vast majority of fans would be critical of Hodgson if he played a couple of the under 23 players in this game.
Roy will do what's best for Palace and we should respect that. Thank god he's our manager and not BBS experts.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:57 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A few of you who know me away from the site know that I have a Bournemouth season ticket through work. They are my second team and when we play them I sit there in my Palace scarf to the amusement of the other fans who happily tolerate it. Iíve got to say that I think the fact Bournemouth donít have a mean streak hurts them. They arenít a dirty team at all - arter was hot headed (no longer there), Smith (right back) is a bit snidey and Lermer loves a yellow card but thatís it. I remember one game when they rotated fouls on Wilf and Arter especially was over the top but week in week out thatís not how they play at all.

Iíd say weíve got a way better first 11 than them, I canít think of many players that bournemouth have that I would swap for their Palace counterparts. Maybe Ake at the back, Brooks in the middle and Wilson and thatís it. On the back of that Iíd say Howe is doing a good job.

Eddie Howe does come across a bit smug, I wouldnít argue with that but I think he chooses his words very carefully at all times and tries to keep his emotions in check and very controlled. Itís a shame he doesnít try and be a bit more human in front of the cameras.

PS I of course hope we stuff em
Old 06-05-2019, 08:35 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwhite View Post
Roy will do what's best for Palace and we should respect that. Thank god he's our manager and not BBS experts.
Think youíre getting a bit carried away.

All Iím saying is that I hope we play a couple of youngsters. Forgive me for expecting us to use our academy once in a blue moon.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:18 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
If we donít give some reserve/academy players a chance in a game like this then when will we. Itís the perfect opportunity. Youíve got to think about the future as well as the short term.
That money could be the wages of the creative midfielder we desperately need. Or it could enable us to actually buy the midfielder in the first place.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:21 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thatís odd logic.

Playing a reserve team for a winnable cup game is different to playing a couple of young players in the last game of the season when there are only two places at stake.

Or nearly £5M quid. You did see our accounts right, we made a £35M loss last year.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:24 PM

asus is just too good for youasus is just too good for youasus is just too good for youasus is just too good for youasus is just too good for youasus is just too good for youasus is just too good for youasus is just too good for youasus is just too good for youasus is just too good for youasus is just too good for you
Roy has a lot more information available to him than any of us. We should trust him to make the right decisions as to whether to play youth players or not.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:26 PM
FFS 4.4.2!!

GRAND UNION : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGRAND UNION : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGRAND UNION : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGRAND UNION : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGRAND UNION : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGRAND UNION : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGRAND UNION : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGRAND UNION : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGRAND UNION : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGRAND UNION : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGRAND UNION : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Why do people want to throw away a chance of extra £4m and a record points total? Plus finishing above the spammers yet again, madness!
Old 06-05-2019, 09:46 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Was it Wolves who brought on there back-up keeper on in injury time at the weekend for no reason, other than to give him a minute or two?

Pretty sure it was them. I was watching on my phone with no sound.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:59 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND UNION View Post
Why do people want to throw away a chance of extra £4m and a record points total? Plus finishing above the spammers yet again, madness!
I know right? Bournemouth are just below us on 45 points they will want to beat us and take our 12th spot. Why on earth would we make a home match, where we already struggle even harder than normal. Pretty sure all of the kids who have a shot of being top flight footballers and who are not 17 are out on loan.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:08 PM

Pva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePva's glue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Buys a Jordan ayeu
Old 06-05-2019, 10:33 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Was it Wolves who brought on there back-up keeper on in injury time at the weekend for no reason, other than to give him a minute or two?

Pretty sure it was them. I was watching on my phone with no sound.
Nuno made 3 substitutions in the last minute of time added on so make of it what you will.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 06-05-2019, 10:35 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND UNION View Post
Based on what? We've played our "best team" at home all season and we've been rubbish, so what's the harm in trying something different?
Old 07-05-2019, 01:58 AM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
Yeah, 3.8 Million is very insignificant :
This game is worth as much as any other. If we had beaten Brighton just once this season we'd already have those 3 points, and therefore that 3.8 million.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:35 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
keep the team the same as Cardiff, and take the shackles off for the first time this season at home! The money for position is very important for a team our size, and it would be nice to finish at home on a positive note.