Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-07-2019, 02:43 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
More importantly; when did Lamberhurst become the Bronx?
Suspect he could care less mate.
Old 28-07-2019, 02:50 PM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
He's the best player in our record setting 7 PL seasons. He was probably the most important player in our promotion season and team - one of the best Palace teams of all time. Its difficult to compare between era's but Wilf must surely be one of the best Palace players in our history. He's won POTY 3 times (should have been 4). He's scored more PL goals than any other Palace player and has played in over 300 games.

He wants to play in the champions league and win some trophies - it would be odd if he didn't. His brother, agent and Arsenal have been an annoyance and are presumably acting on his instructions or at least his consent. Nethertheless he still a club legend, and if he's wearing the red and blue on the 10th, he should be treated as such.
Old 28-07-2019, 02:53 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
We lock him up with Alex Marrow
Old 28-07-2019, 03:10 PM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Iím not talking about his effort, you can never doubt that, or his passion.

But in terms of outcomes, like carrying the ball forward, taking on two players and then ignoring a obvious pass to a teammate in a better position because he wants to take more players on, or having a pop at a teammate who has missed a chance that he might not have scored himself, or who he played in with a bad pass - we saw more of that last season and it gets grating after a while.

I love the bloke, i just hope he handles it maturely if he doesnít get his move this time because it seemed like he was playing for it for most of last season.
Wrighty was exactly the same, used to scream at the rest of the team all the time, was very neg. Then looked at what happened, with the over celebration of his goal that sent us down in 93, turned out to be a total Judas!
Old 28-07-2019, 03:10 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Yeah ok ... why more so than starting any other thread by anybody else ... You don't think it's in fans minds? Not even a little?....we love him of course.
I would have started this thread if you hadn't because it is interesting and worthy of discussion. Putting aside those who want to snipe at you, I think you were right to bring this up. I think quite a few here might feel ( myself included ) that what happened from within the Zaha clan was underhand in nature. Aside from a certain delusional poster here, everyone can see Wilf's brother was put up by Wilf to be a proxy voice. Wilf could and would have stopped it with a single statement and private conversation with brother and agent, if the talk was counter to his desires.

Wilf wants to go? Fair enough. If tries and does well for us next season? Fair enough. He leaves in twelve months, at a time when we aren't undergoing such a flux of personnel and FFP issues? Fair enough. But we all recognize ( except for one of us ) that Wilf wanted out and tried back-door antics to get that while keeping his 'loyalty' bonus in leaving.

I'll support Wilf, wish him well now and in the future and always rate him as a footballer, but can't pretend I feel exactly the same as I did before the recent malarkey. I can't get all warm and gooey about a player who did all he could to pull on another shirt next season. Some might want to bash me for that but there it is. And before anyone mentions all he did for us, remember he sees more money and love from our club in a month or two than some get in a literal lifetime.
Old 28-07-2019, 03:15 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crybin Eagle View Post
Treat him with the contempt he ******* deserves he hasnít got the bollocks to come out and tell the fans that worshipped him he wants to go so gets his little Bro to do it for him. I want to play for Arsanal and because I kept you up for a few years let me go for pocket change. Then they they mug him by signing his international team mate for 72 mill . Now ******* Q I never said I didnít want to play for palace. So for me **** off and and let the North London ***** call him one of there own stick him in the U23ís until heís 30 every bit a Judas as Wright is.
Are you for real?
Old 28-07-2019, 04:03 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
**** me.

What a crazy thread. If he is a Palace player come first game nothing has changed apart from the media going on and on for a few months (and maybe one comment from his brother).
This.

Dumb thread dumb speculation.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-07-2019, 04:04 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Our love affair with Wilf has now changed whatever happens though and not from our side ... Not sure I want to sing his name with any Gusto anymore.
If he stays as soon as he does something cool the whole ground will be singing his name. He's already stayed a season longer than realistically could be expected. We've pissed away two opportunites so far to challenge for Europa and the jurys out whether that will happen this window. Two seasons ago he was bigging up the team saying he thought we could challenge and do things, it's not come to pass. At this point he doesn't owe us anything and the fee sadly might force the board to fix all the stupid ******* things that are wrong with our team like have ZERO creativity outside of Wilf and no quality strikers.
Old 28-07-2019, 04:10 PM

Crybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don’t care that I’m an Ignoramus, and thanks I love the idea of Brexit hopefully no deal and love a bit of Boris. It still remains however Zaha has now proved he is not worthy of the shirt he once wore for Palace.
Old 28-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
If he stays as soon as he does something cool the whole ground will be singing his name. He's already stayed a season longer than realistically could be expected. We've pissed away two opportunites so far to challenge for Europa and the jurys out whether that will happen this window. Two seasons ago he was bigging up the team saying he thought we could challenge and do things, it's not come to pass. At this point he doesn't owe us anything and the fee sadly might force the board to fix all the stupid ******* things that are wrong with our team like have ZERO creativity outside of Wilf and no quality strikers.
True ... We have wasted the last few years .. Palace it's always . What it could have been....with us!
Old 28-07-2019, 04:16 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
I will treat him as the single greatest player to have ever worn the shirt, because that is what he is.
Old 28-07-2019, 04:24 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Treat him with the contempt he ******* deserves he hasnít got the bollocks to come out and tell the fans that worshipped him he wants to go so gets his little Bro to do it for him. I want to play for Arsanal and because I kept you up for a few years let me go for pocket change. Then they they mug him by signing his international team mate for 72 mill . Now ******* Q I never said I didnít want to play for palace. So for me **** off and and let the North London ***** call him one of there own stick him in the U23ís until heís 30 every bit a Judas as Wright is.
Haha top trolling, no way you're a real person
Old 28-07-2019, 05:00 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Judge him on his 16 years or so of loyalty to the club not on what his agent or the circus surrounding him have contrived to help a move happen. He is and always will be king of Selhurst.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 28-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
I’m going to stare at him in a really menacing way, then realise he’s our best player and clap my hands.
Old 28-07-2019, 05:16 PM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
I will treat him as the single greatest player to have ever worn the shirt, because that is what he is.
Serious bit brown tonguing going on there mate! Ian Wright was a better player for us imo
Old 28-07-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpfcbob View Post
Serious bit brown tonguing going on there mate! Ian Wright was a better player for us imo
Well, Edgar Davids was a hell of player in his time- but what did he do for us?
Wright played 1.5 seasons off top flight football for Palace in a team with some other great players- Bright, Salako, Thomas, Gray, Martyn etc.
Wilf has played 5 seasons of top flight football for us so far, and carried the team on his back at times.
Game of opinions of course, but a no brainer for me personally.

P.S. I'll rise above the vulgarity and give you the benefit of the doubt
Old 28-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don’t care that I’m an Ignoramus, and thanks I love the idea of Brexit hopefully no deal and love a bit of Boris. It still remains however Zaha has now proved he is not worthy of the shirt he once wore for Palace.

You voted Brexit? Wouldn’t have guessed it...
Old 28-07-2019, 06:19 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
IF we were to get Benteke firing there is 15 goals, IF Zaha can improve on his return there is another 15, IF Max can play like Bristol regularly he should be on the scoresheet regularly, Luka from the spot and with Townsend et al offering maybe 25 goals. Keep it tight as we generally did last year, especially with Guaita in goal, and maybe Wilf can fire us to the CL he wants to play in.

I will be cheering on all the players while they have the red and blue on (and then come on here to criticise them ) we are stronger when we all fight together.
Old 28-07-2019, 06:22 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemour View Post
We treat him like the god that he is. Stupid thread.

You only need to look at the thread starter...
Old 28-07-2019, 06:37 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpfcbob View Post
Better goal scorer no doubt about that but Wilf is miles better skill wise both key players.