Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:22 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
Against Arsenal we were struggling with Pepe's delivery - it was world class. Today Cahill and Tomkins switched off - 'twas poor no one had Söyüncü.
Cahill totally at fault. He made a good but standard run and cahill saw him but did nothing. Totally his man although he didn't look like he realised or got caught on his heels and was too late. Class player but it was his fault really
Old 04-11-2019, 06:03 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Cahill totally at fault. He made a good but standard run and cahill saw him but did nothing. Totally his man although he didn't look like he realised or got caught on his heels and was too late. Class player but it was his fault really

Ball should have been easily cleared by PVA, instead he re enacted an Andy Thorn flick on
Old 04-11-2019, 06:47 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
3 against Arsenal (1 we got away with through VAR)

1 today and a few close calls and good save by Guaita.

Remember Scott Dann used to get a few from corners a few seasons ago but we have hardly scored from any recently. Wonder how our record compares to other teams?

Seems to be an area we can really improve upon to boost our performance.
Scott Dann and Christian Benteke are the best headers of a ball at the club, it's no coincidence that we are not scoring from set pieces with neither player in the team. Also delivery from Luka is poor imo.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:07 AM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Scott Dann and Christian Benteke are the best headers of a ball at the club, it's no coincidence that we are not scoring from set pieces with neither player in the team. Also delivery from Luka is poor imo.
Defensively we have looked vulnerable to set pieces all season. Think Scott Dann will go out on Loan in January to get some matches as probably currently 5th choice at Centre Back but has served us well. Think Kelly has done well so far this season and we look better with him and Cahill at the back. Tomkins was ok yesterday but looked very rusty and prone to the odd error.

We don't seem to have a great deal of variation to the attacking set pieces and the execution is sometimes poor. We need to put more work in on these at the training ground.

I always used to like the Steve Coppell corner with Andy Thorn flicking it on away from the goal keeper with runners coming in on it used to cause chaos for the opposition.

You look at other teams though they seem to have better variation and less predictability.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:53 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Ball should have been easily cleared by PVA, instead he re enacted an Andy Thorn flick on
Perhaps but thats an error on the ball, a physical slip. The defending error was a failure to mark your man. That's cahill. Even the best do it
Old 04-11-2019, 10:32 AM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEssexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess we were kind of zonal marking because Evans caused chaos by basically delaying his run by 2 seconds (perhaps that was tactical from Leicester when they saw how we were marking).

I think they were both expecting both players to come through so they could engage, but if you watch, you see Evans drop off and not run. Seemed to catch our players out for some reason. Or am I being too kind?
Old 04-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
Defensively we have looked vulnerable to set pieces all season. Think Scott Dann will go out on Loan in January to get some matches as probably currently 5th choice at Centre Back but has served us well. Think Kelly has done well so far this season and we look better with him and Cahill at the back. Tomkins was ok yesterday but looked very rusty and prone to the odd error.

We don't seem to have a great deal of variation to the attacking set pieces and the execution is sometimes poor. We need to put more work in on these at the training ground.

I always used to like the Steve Coppell corner with Andy Thorn flicking it on away from the goal keeper with runners coming in on it used to cause chaos for the opposition.

You look at other teams though they seem to have better variation and less predictability.
You're preaching to the converted re the flick on. Always caused confusion.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:04 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
One Christian does well is defensive headers, particularly at front post stopping the cross. Thought there was a strong case for him coming on at halftime and moving Jordan to the right . Unfortunately Roy didn't see it thatway
Old 04-11-2019, 06:55 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceRichard View Post
Benteke vs Arsenal away last season. Before that Tomkins scored at Liverpool, but that is it for this and the whole of last season.

To not score is one thing, but that and to let them in is another. Why have we suddenly let 3 goals in from corners, previously having been ok?
It hasn't been okay.We were just getting away with it.Giving up chances from corners has been a big weakness for a long time under Roy.Now it's leading to goals.From open play we could defend all week most games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
Looked like a terrible version of zonal marking today.

Either that or an extremely bad version of man marking!
It was man marking.Tomkins was marking Soyuncu.I hate man marking and much prefer zonal but so many managers are reluctant to use it because they generally know they will only be in a job for 5 minutes.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:52 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Kelly deserves to be playing.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:25 AM

hihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Maddison's corners were very good too -whipped in, not the high floaters that Luka takes.
Am I right in thinking that conceding from set pieces has coincided with Kelly being out?
Old 07-11-2019, 10:54 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Kelly deserves to be playing.
Yep, better partner to Cahill.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:12 AM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How about set piece scoring! Bring back the days when I thought Scott Dann was going to score from every set piece!