Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Review of Oppo

I know this is GPD but thought it would be interesting to do a review of the opposition each week, including team, fans etc.

I'll start.

Vardy - as someone else said, rat-faced weasel but seems to have recovered his form from the title season. Tomkins struggled to contain him.

Turkish CB - absolutely superb front and back. So much better than Maguire.

Overall team are not brilliant but had so much more energy than us.

Fans were quite loud but couldnt hear them too much from the lower holmesdale.

Btw Where do away fans drink these days? Rarely see them around the ground.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:15 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Ndidi - One of the best CDMs in Europe

Tielemans - No idea why a bigger club didn’t come in for him

Maddison - Should be starting every match for England

Pereira and Chilwell - Second best starting full backs in the league after Liverpool’s
Old 04-11-2019, 04:21 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Ndidi - One of the best CDMs in Europe

Tielemans - No idea why a bigger club didn’t come in for him

Maddison - Should be starting every match for England

Pereira and Chilwell - Second best starting full backs in the league after Liverpool’s
Maddison is quality but Southgate has a problem with his attitude.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:24 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Another match in which the ref needs to be counted among the opposition.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:26 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I'd expect them to be about 4th at the end of the season. They were just an all round good, professional team.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:26 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
I'd add Barnes - direct, pacey and skillful.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:33 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
I thought Chillwell did everything right.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:34 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Maddison is quality but Southgate has a problem with his attitude.
Says who?
Old 04-11-2019, 04:35 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I'd expect them to be about 4th at the end of the season. They were just an all round good, professional team.
I could see them getting more points than they did the year they won the league (and finishing third as a result).

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 04-11-2019, 04:38 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Review of Oppo

I was very impressed with them and have been this season under Brendan Rodgers. Their first 11 are very good. Both full backs outstanding.

Ndidi - Does what Kante used to do for them

Vardy - still as good and we fed his desire by winding him up.

Overall see them finishing top 4. They are a team with a purpose. No shame losing to them.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:59 PM

leicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There seems to be a few pubs around Selhurst that no longer let away fans in,Cherry Trees,Wetherspoons South Norwood,the club on the corner and Sunday i was told to leave the Clifton by the 2 doormen when i nipped in for a pint at half time,back in the ground early 2nd half.
We are currently 5 goals ahead of our League winning season with 1 extra point from the same amount of games.....great day out for us but sad to see the accident just off the M25 where i hear there were fatalities.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
I was very impressed with them and have been this season under Brendan Rodgers. Their first 11 are very good. Both full backs outstanding.

Ndidi - Does what Kante used to do for them

Vardy - still as good and we fed his desire by winding him up.

Overall see them finishing top 4. They are a team with a purpose. No shame losing to them.
Agreed. Though that, of course, hasn't stopped the negative over-reaction to a narrow defeat against a very good, very on-form team.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 04-11-2019, 05:03 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by leicester1 View Post
There seems to be a few pubs around Selhurst that no longer let away fans in,Cherry Trees,Wetherspoons South Norwood,the club on the corner and Sunday i was told to leave the Clifton by the 2 doormen when i nipped in for a pint at half time,back in the ground early 2nd half.
We are currently 5 goals ahead of our League winning season with 1 extra point from the same amount of games.....great day out for us but sad to see the accident just off the M25 where i hear there were fatalities.
Gradually as the number of pubs in the area has fallen there are fewer drinking opportunities for away fans. Most seem to go to Thornton Heath now.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:06 PM
SwimBikeRun!

Jacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Leicester were organised and pacy. But we nullified them in the first half, without causing them any real problems.
Second half, their quality in nearly all areas started to tell.
Their No4 (Soyuncu?) was great. Everything he did look calm and unruffled, always seemed to have time and space on the ball.
Idiotic taunting meant a nailed-on Vardy goal in response.
Their fans were anonymous until they scored, but were pretty vocal (from Block X, AW) for the rest of the game.
Overall, they're a team on the rise with money to burn. Would have seemed unthinkable a little while ago, but could they even be a surprise bidder for WZ? I'd say they're a more attractive option than the likes of Everton.

FOR F**K'S SAKE, MURRAY!!
Old 04-11-2019, 05:08 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Impressive professional performance by Leicester.

Good passing and movement and dangerous on the break. Both Centre Backs were very solid we never looked like scoring. Evans gave us real problems as well with his height from Corners.

Vardy upped his game after hearing some songs about his Wife! Was a real menace and deserved his late goal.

Fans pretty good effort made some noise. Didn't take up full allocation but Sunday on TV and early k.o. probably a big factor.

Think most away fans drink near London Bridge quick to Norwood Junction and loads of pubs close to the station.

Think Rodgers is doing a great job think they will be Top 4 get in Champs League spots.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:12 PM

leicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought our fans were pretty decent first half and i was right next to the Arthur who wer'nt as vocal as usual,2nd half i came back 1 row lower and again right next to the Arthur when obviously we were louder.Did'nt hear much from the Holmesdale end only when lots joined in and i could'nt see them because of the low roof.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:15 PM
SwimBikeRun!

Jacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by leicester1 View Post
I thought our fans were pretty decent first half and i was right next to the Arthur who wer'nt as vocal as usual,2nd half i came back 1 row lower and again right next to the Arthur when obviously we were louder.Did'nt hear much from the Holmesdale end only when lots joined in and i could'nt see them because of the low roof.
Acoustics at Selhurst are peculiar! The sound just doesn't seem to carry from certain areas to others, even under the same roof!

FOR F**K'S SAKE, MURRAY!!
Old 04-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
About right, I reckon. There are a few so-called Top-6 teams who have think they have a divine right to the top of the table. They will hopefully get a rude awakening at the end of the season. Not many teams can sell a defender for £80m, get a replacement in for a quarter of that and end up stronger into the bargain. Bye bye weakest link. I really fancy Leicester for a CL place.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:49 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Good thread

Ndidi was pure class.
We had 3x DF Midfielders and he showed what a single top quality one can do.
He just sits in that gap, closes down, distributes well and fills in wherever he’s needed.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:50 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They were good, but beatable. They are no Liverpool or Man City, but certainly well organised with plenty of pace & hard-working.
I expect they'll finish top 6 but sides that are prepared to have a go will have every chance against them.