Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 13-04-2004, 09:33 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc_connection
Palace need to strengthen in 4 areas for me.
1) The goalkeeping situation HAS to be addressed, sign up a permanent no.1 (myhre, vaesan or whoever)
2) Centre half, if we could buy Hudson i think that will make a huge difference. its nice to see a settled back 4 for a change at palace
3) A younger Michael Hughes, granted he is playing very very well and was a great signing! but the 33yrs are a little concern for me. Could Ben Watson fill that role? im not sure, but a player similiar to hughes to play alongside aki
4) Another striker. As Benzhiyi stated, quite rightly, shipps and doug can not play well together. (take palace 1st time round, at forest or palace 2nd time round) and if some c**t like repka or someone similiar were to take out AJ and leave him on the treatment table for a while, we would need another attacking option
1 - Vaesens contract is coming to an end, hopefully it will be him
2 - Hudson will sign - be it now or in the close season. He has no future at fulham
3 - Watson
4 - Spot on
Old 13-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was just using McFadden as an example. I don't think we have to sign a target man. Our most effective partnership for years was Morrison and Freedman, and not one of them was a target man. There is not future in lumping high balls up to a Peter Crouch like striker.
Old 13-04-2004, 09:47 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Benny B Block
Let's see:

Palace team playing really well?
Jordan wants to sign striker?

History repeating?
That's NOT what the original said - it says SJ is making money available to ID for a new striker - ID wants the player and SJ is backing him. What's the problem?

I wonder if this is actually a merge of various things flying around - SJ and ID have both confirmed money will be available in the summer. Also Palace have been connected with at least two strikers, therefore the money MUST be for a striker.

Could be true - could just as easily be 2+2=5, we'll have to wait and see.
Old 13-04-2004, 09:47 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Great Lombardi
I was just using McFadden as an example. I don't think we have to sign a target man. Our most effective partnership for years was Morrison and Freedman, and not one of them was a target man. There is not future in lumping high balls up to a Peter Crouch like striker.
We need a stronf forward to hold the ball up. With AJ and Freedman, the ball just doesnt stick. Ships gives us that. With Morrison and Freedman, Morrison held the ball up really well. He wasnt big, but he was strong. We need back up for Ships.
Old 13-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I imagine Fulham will sign more strikers in the pre-season, so why not take Barry Hayles on loan. He surely fits the mould Kolinkins?
Old 13-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
All depends on what happens over the next couple of weeks doesn't it?

I fear that, assuming we don't get promoted, there is a danger of big clubs coming in with big money for Wayne. I also fear that it might be the only way that Dowie will get spending power.
Old 13-04-2004, 09:59 PM

Gavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
I've heard a strong rumour that Trundle is being looked at
Old 13-04-2004, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I imagine Fulham will sign more strikers in the pre-season, so why not take Barry Hayles on loan. He surely fits the mould Kolinkins?
Wages. I have an idea of what he earns (i know one of his agents), and he would be way out of our range.
Old 13-04-2004, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gavin Axten
I've heard a strong rumour that Trundle is being looked at
Not true sadly, as much as it would be entertaining. He doesnt i feel have the consistency for this level.
Old 13-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ironically Crouch isn't a target man either - he's better on the floor than he is in the air!!

In fact, there's a good shout for our fourth striker... I wouldn't mind him at all, very good player, and still young...

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 13-04-2004, 10:44 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Sam Parkin has got a lot of goals in the lower divisions and I believe he got a few in our league, but he is still very raw. Helguson is a decent goal scorer, but I don't think he is the kind of acquisition we should be looking to sign.
We need a young forward from a Premier League club who is willing to gain some experience in the First Division, just like Mikael Forssell did. Someone like James McFadden at Everton.
McFadden is a useful player but I agree I think we need a bigger player and its a shame we didnt get the ginger fella Reading got from Cambridge. Sam Parkin is a big guy and young and got some goals in him and Dowie could train him up to be a more target kind of player feeding the other forward with flick ons.

I also think we need a goalkeeper, centre back, maybe right back is smithy is off, centre midfielder (all rounder who can get stuck in Hughes style but can play some cutting balls which we have missed since Kirovski) and have always liked Harper in the centre at Reading of Sidwell but they would demand finances we shouldn't really spend unless we are promoted or there are no other options. Ofcourse we will need a left winger if Gray leaves but somekind of cover here would be useful anyway in an ideal world
Old 13-04-2004, 10:47 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I have always been a fan of this guy in terms of for Divie 1 as I have Geoff Horsfield (only for this level) and the Wigan forward, not Ellington but all these targets aren't easy gets especially if we aren't planning on plahing them week in week out

As for Trundle seen a bit of him but would be more in favour of Parkin I think
Old 13-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Cunning Linguist

Location: Casually Counting Copious Coconuts Calmly in the Cook Islands...
BringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirby
Hope it's Helguson.

Feel free to ignore my PM Sasa, I've just realised you don't know who the striker in question is so my enquiry is pretty irrelevant.
Oops, having re-read my post, it does seem a touch ambiguous. Just to clarify, I was referring to the source.

Personally, I was just surprised that a striker was specified as having been financed for.

I'd like to see Williams given a run before he leaves, but you have to trust Dowie.
Old 13-04-2004, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BringBackSasa

I'd like to see Williams given a run before he leaves, but you have to trust Dowie.
I agree. But it is double standards from all of us to trust Dowie when he leaves Williams out, but we wouldnt let Kember or Francis off the hook for leaving him out! They cant al be wrong though.
Old 13-04-2004, 10:56 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Peter Crouch is a target.
Old 13-04-2004, 11:14 PM

Gavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnGavin Axten lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins
Not true sadly, as much as it would be entertaining. He doesnt i feel have the consistency for this level.
Agree with you there
Old 13-04-2004, 11:16 PM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dean Ashton would be my choice.
Old 13-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I agree. But it is double standards from all of us to trust Dowie when he leaves Williams out, but we wouldnt let Kember or Francis off the hook for leaving him out! They cant al be wrong though.
Difference is we are now winning. Where as before with our previous bozos in charge everyone was grasping at straws to find a solution to our terrible form and record.

Give Williams another year if nothing changes then it would be time to move on for young Gareth.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 13-04-2004, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oz_da II
Difference is we are now winning. Where as before with our previous bozos in charge everyone was grasping at straws to find a solution to our terrible form and record.

Give Williams another year if nothing changes then it would be time to move on for young Gareth.
I agree with you first point.

As to your second - he is 21 now. If he was going to make it at Palace, he would have by now. Thats not to say he cant make it at this level, just not at Palace.
Old 13-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
As to your second - he is 21 now. If he was going to make it at Palace, he would have by now. Thats not to say he cant make it at this level, just not at Palace.
Stranger things have happened.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.