Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 13-04-2004, 11:37 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by oz_da II
Stranger things have happened.
like one day, we might agree on something....
Old 14-04-2004, 12:13 AM

Jza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
It would be nice to have another option upfront but I think its important not to disrupt a good strike force too much by signing another established forward. A youngster with promise (ie Parkin but definatly not hayles!) would be the great to see....maybe trundle would fit the mould. Have to say tho Personally i think letting go of Gareth would be a shame and he would probably end up scoring goals for another 1st division club and then being sold up the ladder for a healthy profit.
But I've learnt to trust Mr ID so i'll leave it to him..... as long as SJ isnt planning to scout the market himself!
Old 14-04-2004, 12:15 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Jza
A youngster with promise (ie Parkin but definatly not hayles!) would be the great to see....maybe trundle would fit the mould.
It's a common misconception that Trundle is young. He is 27.
Old 14-04-2004, 12:17 AM

Jza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
damn - i really didnt realise that - must do my research next time ; ) .....i knew my first post would be pulled up on. lol oh well itryed hard enuff
Old 14-04-2004, 06:40 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dowie told me and Archie that he had tried to sign a striker on loan on deadline day (he mentioned 4 names) but that none of the clubs were prepared to release them (they were all Premier League fringe players).

They were also all big guys.

He wants an alternative to Shipperley.
Old 14-04-2004, 06:58 AM
Where am i

Ollie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Are you allowed to tell us who they were?
Old 14-04-2004, 07:11 AM
Non T-Total

Lion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Maybe we should sign Akinbyi, he seems to be doing alright at Stoke - a big guy to cover shipps...
Old 14-04-2004, 07:16 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Ollie Ox
Are you allowed to tell us who they were?
No, best not Ollie - I don't want to drop him in it!
Old 14-04-2004, 07:19 AM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: New Striker?

Quote:
Originally posted by BringBackSasa
[B]Apparently Jordan is giving Dowie money for a new striker.

I'm very surprised about this, it doesn't make logical sense to me for various reasons. I can only assume that Dowie knows exactly who he wants. I hate to do the 'it's a decent source, but I can't say' bit, so I won't, pm me if you really must know.

Anyway, even though a striker isn't considered to be a priority by
myself, the fact Jordan has backed him is a good sigB]
Nothing mysterious or surprising here. Palace are over-stocked
with strikers of medium height and build, which is one of the
reasons Williams has gone out on loan again to Colchester.
Shipperley is the only striker in the first team squad in the 6ft/
13stone category and there is nobody in the reserves and
Academy U19's. So what happens when Shipperley is injured
or suspended and we have to play one of the many well-built
defences which abound in the current First Division? Against
West Ham we met an average-size side preferring to keep the
ball on the deck, but are an exception, and to field a forward-
line of average height against a typically tall, brawny Division 1
team greatly reduces Palace's attacking options. Dowie I'm
convinced, fully appreciates the need to increase the average
height not only of the forward-line but of the squad in general.
But it is important, however, to replace discarded little-'uns
with quality "big-'uns" if we are to make real progress towards
the Premiership.

Last edited by Freddy Kurz; 14-04-2004 at 07:23 AM.
Old 14-04-2004, 07:23 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Dean Ashton would be my choice.
If we were to get promoted he would be a player on top of my wish list. He is strong, quick, and technically very good, but you can guarantee that he will eventually join Liverpool, like all good young Crewe players do.
Old 14-04-2004, 07:31 AM

Duke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fineDuke is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Dean Ashton would be my choice.
there were a lot of rumours he would leave crewe before deadline day. but they put a 1.5m price tag on him. Not many teams are willing to pay that kind of money.
Old 14-04-2004, 07:53 AM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins
I agree. But it is double standards from all of us to trust Dowie when he leaves Williams out, but we wouldnt let Kember or Francis off the hook for leaving him out! They cant al be wrong though.
As a consistent advocate for giving young Williams an
extended run in the first-team SQUAD, I have to
accept that he may now have missed the bus, as all
of our regular strikers are now performing tolerably
well. Johnson's development as a consistent goal-
scorer (on top of his excellent all-round game) has
been little short of miraculous. Shipperley, when
fully fit, has largely recaptured last-season's Milton-
Keynes' form, while Freedman hasn't let us down
recently when called upon as a sub or replacement
for Shipperley or Johnson. This still leaves Black
(with an extended contract) sitting on the bench.
Williams should have been given his chance last
season when all our strikers were out-of-form and
goals. Hopefully, Gareth, if given regular first-
team football at Colchester, can again seize his
opportunity and demonstrate his undoubted ability
as a prolific goal-scorer. Sadly his lack of height
and physique and real pace have been obstacles
to establishing himself in the current Palace set-up,
but this doesn't mean he can't make the grade else-
where in the Nationwide. I fear Dowie has simply
been forced to be realistic, and in this instance
doesn't deserve criticism for taking a decision he
sees as being in the best interests of CPFC.

Last edited by Freddy Kurz; 14-04-2004 at 08:05 AM.
Old 14-04-2004, 08:40 AM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sums up the Williams situation pretty well, I'd say, Freddy.
Old 14-04-2004, 09:00 AM

Anyoldname is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsAnyoldname is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsAnyoldname is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsAnyoldname is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsAnyoldname is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsAnyoldname is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsAnyoldname is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsAnyoldname is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsAnyoldname is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsAnyoldname is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsAnyoldname is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
How about Wayne Gray of Wimbledon - we'd get him cheap and he seems to be getting a few goals.

Have no fear Dowie is here!
Old 14-04-2004, 09:13 AM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ashton would be a great signing. Young enough to have a decent resell value when/if he moved on from Palace. Got a feeling that he will go to a Premier Club though.
Old 14-04-2004, 09:24 AM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Remember Dowie's strong Northern Ireland connections.
We were linked with their striker who is highly rated but still playing in the Irish league.
Old 14-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Always Feeling Crapulent

Ballon is playing for a contract
Dion Dublin is out of contract at the end of the season and stated over the weekend he would be prepared to drop down a league to continue playing. Could this be a chance to buy a target man and part time central defender for cover. Yes he may well be on big wages but you know exactly what you get.
Old 14-04-2004, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ballon
Dion Dublin is out of contract at the end of the season and stated over the weekend he would be prepared to drop down a league to continue playing. Could this be a chance to buy a target man and part time central defender for cover. Yes he may well be on big wages but you know exactly what you get.
good shout for one season, if he takes a large drop in wages.
Old 14-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ianace
Remember Dowie's strong Northern Ireland connections.
We were linked with their striker who is highly rated but still playing in the Irish league.

If you playing in the Northern Irish league, you are either 14, rubbish or both.
Old 14-04-2004, 10:02 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can see Dowie strengthening our strike force with cover for Shipperley, and the names banded around here seem reasonable ideas on the whole. It's strange that our academy is breeding a squad of dwarves at the moment

If we do get a striker in then I expect someone to leave, with the core of the strike force being Shipperley + cover and AJ + cover. So who goes? Freedman? Black? Williams? Two of them?

On the rest of the squad we certainly need to sort a keeper, a central defender, and left wing cover, or replacement if Gray goes on a free in the summer. In the midfield I think we have enough at the moment so long as we keep hold of Hughes (Watson as cover), and Aki (Derry as cover). Then again we may see wholesale changes if players don't sign new contracts - exciting times indeed!!!