Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:15 AM

howard is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Why all the panic!

The transfer window lasts for the whole month, yet most of the trading is left until the last day, why?

Do the clubs selling hope to off load players to desperate clubs, players that they don't want anyway. Only time will tell if our current squad is good enough to keep us up & if the other clubs vying with us at the bottom, have bought wisely.

Portsmouth seem to have hit the panic button for no real reason, lets hope they live to regret thier purchases.

I just hope that our seemingly inability to attract players to our club, does not affect ID continuing to be our manager.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:22 AM

Debaser sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDebaser sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDebaser sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDebaser sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDebaser sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDebaser sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDebaser sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDebaser sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDebaser sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDebaser sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkDebaser sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
its a bit like the ebay end-of auction bid thing i spose... no-one wants to put a solid bid in unless they're beaten to it... and the sellers are likely to try and hold out for anything better from any other club, so it makes sense to not sell until the last moment.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: Debaser85
Old 01-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
The transfer window is a crock of shite. Milan Manderichcock from Pompey was whining about it just now on radio.

Clubs dont want to slel but are froced too by speculation alomost. Players want to leave (like Saha last year) to avoid misisng out on a big chance if they wait. Panic stations all round really. its shite. I am glad we left it alone - or have we? Lets face it - who th e•••• would join us?

BTW. Camara is a pile of poo. Saints only decent purchase was Quashie (sp). Only WBA have doen well, maybe thanks to an ex-england interntaionals ties?
Old 01-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
Clubs dont want to slel but are froced too by speculation alomost.
Had a good night in the pub?
Old 01-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
I'm not happy that we've not been able to grasp the opportunity to strenghten the squad, but neither looking at all the other deals that have gone through do I feel we have missed out, except for Ashton & Candela.

I can live with that, plus I assume that extension Clement's signed with WBA has a release clause for when they go down. We'll have him then..
Old 01-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Hart
Had a good night in the pub?
Indedy my son. I thnka yuo
Old 01-02-2005, 02:04 AM
Sexual Harrassment Panda

JJO is playing for a contract
The only one I'm really concerned about is Southampton. With Le Saux and "Hard Target" Van Damme oft-injured, Bernard is a serious upgrade (especially offensively) at left back. Quashie is a bit of a question mark but Camara will certainly give them a versatile option down the flanks or up front. There of course is the hope that he'll ravage through the Saints dressing room and cause upsets like he apparently did at Wolves and Celtic.

Add to that the leadership and experince of ex-spice boy Redknapp and young, promising Davenport on loan, and Saints have a pretty tough package for the rest of the year. And might I say at an affordable price. Camara and Bernard might have big wages but leave after the season (and so does Davenport of course) and Redknapp probably doesn't command what he used to. Five pretty solid deals for relatively low costs equals more squad qality and depth equals trouble for Palace.

Don't tell me you wouldn't take Bernard in a heartbeat. Also Camara, Quashie and Redknapp could have been useful in adding depth to rather shallow positions. I don't mean to be a scaremongerer (cool word though), I still believe Palace can stay up (and maybe we might still be surprised with a few morning revelations), but I don't think anyone can say that Saints haven't done their chances a huge favor with these moves.

WBA and Norwich have pretty much stayed the same. Palace would need some depth in the midfield, left back competition and maybe a new front man. I guess tomorrow morning is the last chance to see some developments.

Much may rest on how Saints fare in the FA Cup and how that affects their preparation and physical levels for league fixtures. And WBA having a replay vs. Spurs doesn't hurt Palace either.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:15 AM
Kuqi Monster

Raoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceRaoul Duke hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
I think that most of the trading is completed in the last day is that clubs like to wait and see who the best players are that become available. Unless you're willing to pay over the odds the only players that are available are ones that the selling club doesn't want or is stalling on signing a new contract.

To have a transfer month seems a little superfluous, surely a week would suffice.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:53 AM

Falco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFalco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFalco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFalco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFalco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFalco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFalco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFalco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFalco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFalco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFalco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I agree, and Curbishley was moaning that it wasn't long enough, he wanted it for two months! A week would have had exactly the same impact, most purchases made by clubs are dependent on another player being sold, and most clubs wait to see if they are able to sign their first choice player before buying their second choice player. Clubs selling a player hold out to the last minute in the hope of receiving a higher bid. It is therefore inevitable that all business should be congested on the last day.