Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:41 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Played my first game in a year on Saturday.
Lost by 3 wickets, defending 150 odd.

Was batting at 3, but in on the 2nd over, with the task of seeing off the openers. After a couple of overs, I felt like I was seeing the ball well, and playing nicely. After seeing off the openers, and the first over of spin, I then got done by a ball pitch on leg that seemed to misbehave off the pitch and caught middle and off. I played a very lazy shot to it though.

Cut my knee open in the field when sweeping on the boundary, then managed to get myself into the slips, only to drop a sharp catch to my left (which myself and the keeper had thought come off the pad, but the umpire confirmed it was bat).

The game had a bit of needle, when we thought we'd got a batsmen nick one behind. From where I was it sounded very woody, and didn't feel like the noise had come from anywhere else. Unfortunately our bowler didn't see it like it, and after seeing the batsmen dropped on the next over, continued his tirade.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:37 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Outfield injuries becoming common place in cricket at the moment! Great grass growing weather but the dry winter means that underneath the ground is ridiculously hard for this time of the year (I double as part-time groundsman as well as captain for my sins) and had lots of bumps and scrapes across our early season games.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:39 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
70% of our outfield is lovely. There is just one long patch on the boundary which overlaps with a football pitch, and it's like a minefield.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:40 AM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We're currently playing our home games at the University of East Anglia playing field. 2 pitches there. One as a crap track and a nice outfield. The other has a crap outfield and decent track. We get the decent track. Outfield full of rabbit holes and all sorts of other issues. Plus the grass doesn't look like it's been cut in a few weeks!

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright on Etsy

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 03-06-2019, 10:48 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Played my first game in a year on Saturday.
Lost by 3 wickets, defending 150 odd.

Was batting at 3, but in on the 2nd over, with the task of seeing off the openers. After a couple of overs, I felt like I was seeing the ball well, and playing nicely. After seeing off the openers, and the first over of spin, I then got done by a ball pitch on leg that seemed to misbehave off the pitch and caught middle and off. I played a very lazy shot to it though.

Cut my knee open in the field when sweeping on the boundary, then managed to get myself into the slips, only to drop a sharp catch to my left (which myself and the keeper had thought come off the pad, but the umpire confirmed it was bat).

The game had a bit of needle, when we thought we'd got a batsmen nick one behind. From where I was it sounded very woody, and didn't feel like the noise had come from anywhere else. Unfortunately our bowler didn't see it like it, and after seeing the batsmen dropped on the next over, continued his tirade.
#fakenews

First team chased down 260 on it in under 40 overs yesterday in the league cup.....for one wicket.

(And Iíve spent about 40 hours working on the wicket this year)

Cricket wanker.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:01 AM

HA!

You must have missed a bit
Old 03-06-2019, 01:01 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here

Cricket wanker.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:45 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
70% of our outfield is lovely. There is just one long patch on the boundary which overlaps with a football pitch, and it's like a minefield.
Must be our boys then, as we played at what was voted best kent league ground 2018 in pre season and one of the boys when sliding round the boundary managed to spike his thumb with his new boots, down to 10, off to hospital he went needing stitches.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:45 PM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralyspyjamas View Post
Not seen any posts this season. Who's been playing?
Managed my first game of the season on saturday in a losing cause.
Figures of 8-0-41-2 and 42 coming in at 3 chasing 241. We managed 202-8 in reply.
Was that over in sunny Southwold Adam ?? I saw that result but was shocked that Greg finally got his side out at the fourth time of asking. Whatever has gone on there this year with the thirds. I've not seen Greg for a couple of weeks so haven't had a catch up with him. Hopefully a Grasshoppers run out next week.
My season has started slow to say the least....couple of starts in the 20:s have been about as good as it's got. I seem to want to smash boundaries rather than build first before cutting loose. The minute I see a ball, usually on length, I'm all over it with a big ugly wahoo shot. Not helped by an early season back injury either which is hindering my movements.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:40 AM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think there's been a couple of games rained off, and 2 conceded. We only had 10 on Saturday. So did Southwold too to be fair. Played them at Colney Lane. I think it's a problem over the whole club, by the sounds of it a few people dropped out Fri night. Barry's struggling to get a Sunday side out too. Think they've had to concede a few games. Anymore will see them kicked from the league. I should be playing grasshoppers next week. Believe it's Tuesday evening at Colney lane.

Turning Wright on Etsy

Old 19-06-2019, 09:14 AM
el ballothundero

Played at Hardingham CC on Saturday. Horrid pitch after last week's weather. Managed 1 -27 off 5 and 15 at the top of the order before being bowled by a pea roller... Won by 6 wickets in the end. Bowled them out for 110. Should've had them for a lot less but we took our foot off the gas.

Turning Wright on Etsy

Old 19-06-2019, 09:30 AM

Another win on saturday, this time last ball of the game 1 run needed, 9 down. Far too close for my liking as skipper. Having a tough time with the bat. 4 in a row now for us and starting to look at the top of the league rather than the bottom as most predicted.

Followed up one of my best all round innings 4 weeks back of 95 with 3 (given caught down leg side when i didnt hit it), run out by our opener the week later for 1 and then knicked off to a good ball for 5 on sat. Hopefully the runs will start to flow again soon.

Also had a PB of 4 slip catches taken 2 weeks ago, only to follow it up with dropping 2 on this sat, first time I have dropped a slip catch in years
Old 21-06-2019, 10:59 PM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralyspyjamas View Post
Played at Hardingham CC on Saturday. Horrid pitch after last week's weather. Managed 1 -27 off 5 and 15 at the top of the order before being bowled by a pea roller... Won by 6 wickets in the end. Bowled them out for 110. Should've had them for a lot less but we took our foot off the gas.
Love that ground because the tree is perfect for a left hander to literally plink it into the branches for the easiest low risk four ever. Once hit eight lofted fours into it in an innings of 70 odd a few years back... disgraceful really. At one point had three fielders stood in front of it.
Actually missed out on playing there a couple of weeks back because i was sunning myself on the beach in the Caribbean. Not that I'd have done owt as I can't even buy a decent contribution this season.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:56 AM
el ballothundero

How's everyone been getting on?
Managed my highest score and best bowling ever last Saturday. 72 opening, put on 132 for 2nd wicket. 2-28 off 9 opening the bowling with my pies. Somehow I'm averaging 44 with the bat and 19 with the ball this season!

Turning Wright on Etsy