Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Hearing that story, it sounds to me like they’ve rethought the roster because too many of you are leaving, but they don’t want to admit it.

From the info you’ve provided, they’re going to be short staffed. Are there 12 jobs, 6 in 2 different levels?

There are currently 14 staff, of which only 3 are staying. And you say 2 new staff joining. Have most of the other jobs been filled by sideways moves from within your company, if not it doesn’t add up and there should be 7 vacancies (ie 12-5).

Just a guess, but I reckon they don’t want all 11 of you to leave now so have backtracked on the roster in the hope more of you will now ask to stay and they’ll cherry pick their favourites.
There are 7 vacancies - 6 in the 'higher' role and just 1 in the 'lower' role. Where it becomes very tricky ground for all involved is that as long as 6 or less people wanted the 'lesser' role originally back in March, they were to be given it without a selection process. This was detailed in black and white to all of us. 3 of those positions were taken by our team, so there should be at a minimum of 3 still available to us. Due to 2 people outside of our team taking the lesser role though, there is now only 1 available. This puts anyone who is now interested, due to that said change in roster, at a huge disadvantage compared to if the process had been carried out as promised.

I too was very sceptical at first as for the reasoning behind this new roster. If they're lying, they're covering their tracks very well. As this is the case, I actually think they're telling some truth in all of this. Essentially, it's a major **** up that should have been spotted at the time. Someone in my team asked management how many times this potential roster was checked, who checked it, etc, and they were advised that it was one person and that their work was not double checked by anyone else. Pretty ******* shit stuff.

What I find interesting is that we've been told by management that the 2 people from outside our team who have been offered jobs, which are now due to start in about 6 weeks, absolutely cannot have their offers of employment withdrawn for legal reasons. Not that I necessarily want see them get done over, but I don't buy that at all.

I think they're just banking on not enough people being interested in staying in the lower role... Their issue is that the team are now absolutely out for kicking up a huge stink about this. Like me, I think the key motivation is making sure that the two managers above us get what has been coming to them for a good year or so, and not so much any potential extra money.

Again, what has swung it for me is that we've had 3 emails where they have admitted fault, and yet there's not been a single apology in writing.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:57 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
I was at an organisation they made a complete shambles of the process and ended up having to put 400 people at risk to carry out the process legally of offloading about 50 people (who had been targeted). Within 8 weeks they had lost over 100 people who had found work elsewhere – all the ones they didn’t want to lose. Cost the Head of HR and the Head of the department their jobs, both utter twats – even funnier
Obviously our team's situation is on a much smaller scale, but a similarish outcome would be celebrated by us with lots of beer I am sure
Old 07-06-2019, 03:44 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Again, what has swung it for me is that we've had 3 emails where they have admitted fault, and yet there's not been a single apology in writing.
As far as evidence goes for emloyment tribunals emails are accepted,things dont need to be in writing.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Heshlo Kitty

I meant more on a human level. If they had just apologised from the off I probably would have just shook my head and thought 'I am so glad to be seeing the back of these tools.' As it is, I still think that but I and many of our team want to take this further.

The solicitor I spoke to was surprised but said it was very good that they had admitted in writing that they had ****ed up.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:40 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Why don't you want the 'higher' role?
Old 07-06-2019, 06:46 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
I was at an organisation they made a complete shambles of the process and ended up having to put 400 people at risk to carry out the process legally of offloading about 50 people (who had been targeted). Within 8 weeks they had lost over 100 people who had found work elsewhere – all the ones they didn’t want to lose. Cost the Head of HR and the Head of the department their jobs, both utter twats – even funnier
The people are at risk, but it's the posts that being made redundant.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
As it is, I still think that but I and many of our team want to take this further.
Think of it this way, do you want to spend the next few months fighting a rear-facing battle, or look ahead of you and then move onto something potentially more positive for you?

What's a good result look like for you?

- money (financial recompense for how it was handled)?
- being able to say 'I told you so'?
- new role?
- new outlook?

Knowing the answer to that question will determine how you act over the next few weeks.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:04 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Why don't you want the 'higher' role?
More responsibility for the same money, in a job that I have disliked for years, and the manager is an utter...

One or two of our team will go for the higher role now that the roster isn't so mental, but it's not for me.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Think of it this way, do you want to spend the next few months fighting a rear-facing battle, or look ahead of you and then move onto something potentially more positive for you?

What's a good result look like for you?

- money (financial recompense for how it was handled)?
- being able to say 'I told you so'?
- new role?
- new outlook?

Knowing the answer to that question will determine how you act over the next few weeks.
All valid questions. I just don't like seeing *****, acting like *****, and getting away with it. It's not right.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:14 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Save your energy for your next job mate

Don’t let it eat your lunch

Fvck ‘em
Old 07-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Lead Worshipper

Quote:
All valid questions. I just don't like seeing *****, acting like *****, and getting away with it. It's not right.
I can understand that, just don't let it eat you away.

It reflects badly on them, not you.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:13 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
More responsibility for the same money, in a job that I have disliked for years, and the manager is an utter...

One or two of our team will go for the higher role now that the roster isn't so mental, but it's not for me.
You don't like responsibility? Who is holding you to account / what's the 'risk' from holding this extra responsibility? Would you mind saying roughly what kind of job / role / sector this is?
Old 09-06-2019, 10:52 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

It depends whether you want to take on something that, although a matter of principle, is relatively unimportant. If you fight it you will quite possibly get some more money and perhaps someone in authority will look a little foolish. But within a few weeks the money and the feeling of foolishness will be history.

What you will get if you fight it is a lot of work, stress and aggravation. And the resulting grey hairs will last for ever.

Put it behind you and enjoy August.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:14 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
It depends whether you want to take on something that, although a matter of principle, is relatively unimportant. If you fight it you will quite possibly get some more money and perhaps someone in authority will look a little foolish. But within a few weeks the money and the feeling of foolishness will be history.

What you will get if you fight it is a lot of work, stress and aggravation. And the resulting grey hairs will last for ever.

Indeed....and he will probably he asked for a reference from his most recent employer by his next employer.

Which could become considerably more tricky if the manager he’s so critical of is involved in that process.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:24 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post

I am with Hal Low on this one.

In my experience when you are in such situations the desire to fight and achieve justice is a burning one and really quite intense. There is little that is quite so motivational to get you up and and angry as an injustice build on stupidity by people who are meant to be 'superior'

I rail with the best of them, but however intense these moments they pass or burn out quite quickly and life moves on.

At the end of the day these idiots will still be idiots, you will receive a payout, time to become human again and move on to to a job you prefer.

It sounds like you did all you could at the time, the company has lost out and will no doubt notice in some shape or form. Best chalk up to experience and enjoy your time off rather than carry on burning energy on achieving nothing.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
You don't like responsibility? Who is holding you to account / what's the 'risk' from holding this extra responsibility? Would you mind saying roughly what kind of job / role / sector this is?
Firstly, the job itself is rubbish. I have been here for a long time purely because the money is nice and it's convenient with regards to where I live.

My personal opinion - if you are being paid to do a job and then your manager decides that actually, you can do a lot more and not get paid a penny extra for it, that is bollocks. It's no different to buying something from a shop and asking for a freebie on top of it - you can ask, but don't be surprised if the shopkeeper tells you to sod off.

So I don't mind extra responsibility - I never said I disliked it - but I'm not going to be a mug and take on the stress that comes with it for free.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:59 AM
Heshlo Kitty

You guys are probably right though - I'll save my energy for something more worthwhile
Old 10-06-2019, 12:06 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Before anyone can make a claim in the Employment Tribunal, you have to register for ACAS Early Conciliation. The form for this is online and takes a couple of minutes. This notifies your (former) employer that you are considering taking legal action against them and essentially encourages them to make an offer of settlement to you to stop you making a claim. If nothing comes of it, there's no obligation on you whatsoever to actually go ahead and issue proceedings. Could always be worth a go and see if they offer you anything.

Good decision though to focus on other things.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:25 PM

gjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I really dont like the word roster!

Good luck cpfc4evandeva
Old 11-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
You guys are probably right though - I'll save my energy for something more worthwhile
That’s the right thing to do in the long run mate. No need to stress yourself about something that’s happened (annoying and poor as it was)

Good luck