Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-01-2019, 10:04 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well done Pete!
Old 06-01-2019, 10:27 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Great stuff Pete

Should be very proud of yourself mate

Stay strong

Last edited by Worksop Palace; 07-01-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:53 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Very impressed, Pete - keep it up !
Old 06-01-2019, 10:57 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Well done
Old 06-01-2019, 11:01 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well done Pete, good luck.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
All sounds very positive PP, please keep it up
Old 07-01-2019, 03:16 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That's great news Pete well done
A good move to put yourself into swimming and walking
Maybe even try some cycling,exercise gives you a sense well being knowing that what you've done has improved your health
Keep it up Pete
Old 17-03-2019, 08:10 PM

hatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is here
Here I am 6 months this week without a drink and loving it, I'm not missing the booze at all, went to pub today for lunch and as they had no vastly overpriced 0% beers I just had a pint of water with my meal. I've found what has helped me is instead of emptying the house of alcohol so as to remove temptation we still have beers in the fridge, wine in the rack and spirits in the cupboard obviously this wouldn't work for everyone but having the temptation there helps me not be tempted and I'm convinced I could go and pour myself a Jameson, drink it and it would not put me back on the downward spiral I was on, but the fact of the matter is that I no longer want a drink.
Old 17-03-2019, 08:24 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatter8142 View Post
Here I am 6 months this week without a drink and loving it, I'm not missing the booze at all, went to pub today for lunch and as they had no vastly overpriced 0% beers I just had a pint of water with my meal. I've found what has helped me is instead of emptying the house of alcohol so as to remove temptation we still have beers in the fridge, wine in the rack and spirits in the cupboard obviously this wouldn't work for everyone but having the temptation there helps me not be tempted and I'm convinced I could go and pour myself a Jameson, drink it and it would not put me back on the downward spiral I was on, but the fact of the matter is that I no longer want a drink.

Well done and congratulations on your goal. I can absolutely understand your process. When I gave up smoking 6 years ago, I had one cigarette that I planned to smoke on the final day. I never had that cigarette and it sat on top of my cupboard for at least 4 years prior to chucking it away. It was a form of safety net. Itís all psychological of course but it 100% works. I probably drink too much at weekends and often do dry Jan but would do the same if I ever decided to knock booze on the head for good (says he here drinking a glass of wine).
Old 17-03-2019, 08:44 PM

hatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Well done and congratulations on your goal. I can absolutely understand your process. When I gave up smoking 6 years ago, I had one cigarette that I planned to smoke on the final day. I never had that cigarette and it sat on top of my cupboard for at least 4 years prior to chucking it away. It was a form of safety net. Itís all psychological of course but it 100% works. I probably drink too much at weekends and often do dry Jan but would do the same if I ever decided to knock booze on the head for good (says he here drinking a glass of wine).
That's good to read and its certainly worked for me but I cant understand why, I'm not advocating everyone who has a drink problem now rush out and stock there cupboards up with alcohol tho!
Old 17-03-2019, 09:14 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's good to read and its certainly worked for me but I cant understand why, I'm not advocating everyone who has a drink problem now rush out and stock there cupboards up with alcohol tho!

Iím on your wavelength. To certain people, itís the panic of not having it Ďifí you need it. I still vape and have it in my car but if I think I havenít got it (although I donít vape at work) I have a quick panic. Stupid, but thatís the complex human brain.
Old 18-03-2019, 05:26 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Well done. Its a major achievement

I`m on day 95. Still get cravings like mad. It depends on situation . Could be a chill out moment, boredom or intense stress. My mind is still cloudy. I think the frontal lobes need quite a bit of time to re-wire.
Been through some intense situations where I could have picked up. (one being flight back to UK...free booze) but a few valiums and it wasn`t too bad.

Keep on going. Can`t say I feel any better though for it
Old 18-03-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post

I`m on day 95. Still get cravings like mad. It depends on situation . Could be a chill out moment, boredom or intense stress. My mind is still cloudy. I think the frontal lobes need quite a bit of time to re-wire.
Been through some intense situations where I could have picked up. (one being flight back to UK...free booze) but a few valiums and it wasn`t too bad.

Keep at it mate.
Old 18-03-2019, 12:36 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post

That's gone quickly. Well done, keep strong & the next 95 will go just as quickly.

Lanepe is coming up to 5 years now.
Old 18-03-2019, 12:44 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Good work.

A friend went on a No Smoking Course a few years back... Through the course, they were allowed to smoke in their breaks etc. Then on the 2nd day, after lunch, they came back, and the host went, "Congratulations, you've now all smoked your last cigarette." There was uproar that they'd not been notified that this would be the last one.

He then told them, that he was joking, and if they wanted to they could have a cigarette on their next break, and if they wanted, they could leave the course any moment, smoke a cigarette and never come back, and it would not matter to the guy hosting it one bit.

My friend hasn't smoked in 5 years since that cigarette on his lunch break. He said very similar to you, that by knowing he could, was easier than just removing it.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:00 AM

Went for a long walk with some friends on Saturday and ended up in a pub and I had my first beer for nearly nine months, and I have to say it was lovely, but although they all had another one I was happy with just the one, and then when we got back to our friends house they carried on drinking where as I was more than content to have soft drinks. But what really pleases me is not that I didn't carry on drinking but that I didn't even want to.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:04 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Well done.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.