Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 19-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Are many clubs doing ok financially? It's just that I've been after doing some bowling in the nets but everywhere I've called has turned me down
Old 19-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Help! quick question re: cricket

what is the term given to the start of a cricket match? i.e. the cricket equivalent of 'kick off' in football.

ta very much
Old 19-06-2009, 10:57 AM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Think its Start of Play.....Umpire usually calls play to start the game.
Old 19-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
nice one - cheeers.
Old 20-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Temple Bar, isn't that the L+G team?

I don't think I played in that one I missed half the season last year, have played against TB numerous times though, home and away.

My first game of the season is Saturday, haven't had any pre-season or practice as I only came back from uni this week but I have been bowling a ball at a stump a bit today and I reckon I've picked up some more pace, really looking forward to playing again after so long.
That is correct. Did you see the camera pan to Scott when Yuvraj was stumped by Foster?

I played a 20/20 on Wednesday and actually got some runs....5....before I was unceremoniously run out. Well at least it wasn't another duck, I'm on a steep learning curve!
Old 20-06-2009, 11:06 AM

pfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Billy little Ginger Rick wants a game he is a bowler and by the sounds of it a batter like you
Old 20-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfc
Billy little Ginger Rick wants a game he is a bowler and by the sounds of it a batter like you
We're planning on doing a Saturday afternoon nets/beer session sometime soon if you and him want to come along?

I wonder if we could get a BBS cricket team/game going?
Old 20-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Remember Our Heroes

Super-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerSuper-Ste-Cious ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
We're planning on doing a Saturday afternoon nets/beer session sometime soon if you and him want to come along?

I wonder if we could get a BBS cricket team/game going?
Would definately be up for that.
Old 20-06-2009, 05:57 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett
Are many clubs doing ok financially? It's just that I've been after doing some bowling in the nets but everywhere I've called has turned me down
Contact the ICC Brett, see what they have to say. They seem to be having a big push to promote cricket worldwide, they won't be pleased to hear affiliated clubs are not opening up their facilities.
Old 20-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
That is correct. Did you see the camera pan to Scott when Yuvraj was stumped by Foster?

I played a 20/20 on Wednesday and actually got some runs....5....before I was unceremoniously run out. Well at least it wasn't another duck, I'm on a steep learning curve!
yeah I text Scott straight away!

Just played my first game of the season, beaten by outwood with an over to go after posting 214 from 40. I bowled my 9 overs flat out and now my arm feels like it's falling apart. So much pain. All over.
Old 20-06-2009, 10:28 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Brett at Woodmansterne we are always looking for new players.

After a shit start to the season when 3 of my first 4 innings I was out LBW for not very many runs it is slowly improving. HAve been keeping Saturday 2's and Sunday 1's. My last 3 scores have been 27 (from 19 balls), 29 not out last week and 30 not out today.

Was possibly a chance for a 50 today but we lost a wicket and I had to shut up shop
Old 22-06-2009, 08:04 AM

pfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yes mate let us know, drop me an email with your number and I'll bell you later. You going to be doing this up at L&G in Kingswood?
Old 28-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley
Do Caterham still play at Queens Park? I used to score for a club called Whiteoaks that played up the top of Queens Park, caterham when I was about 10. My dentist was one of their opening bats, that's how i got the scoring gig. Playing wise, played for every school I went to, plus Dormansland as a youth and first team player, also captained Maresfield Saturday second X1 back in the early 80s. Captained my company side too. Still got the video of us beating The independent back in 1990. Bowled medium pace, batted middle order and was quite handy in the covers/midwicket, or in beer matches I used to park myself at backward deep square leg so that I could run round the boundary and pluck the agricultural slogs out of the air for rather flash looking catches much to the wonderment of the crowd. Been a while since I donned the whites though. It's golf for me these days.
The 1s and the 2s play at Old Cats, but the 3s play at Queens Park still. Old Cats is just across from Queens Park.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:33 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Yesterday was bizarre.

Our fixture secretary made a cock up so we had two games. I got a stumping from 8 yards away. Our batsmen got 8 runs from one shot rnning a 4 then getting 4 overthrows.

In the second game I was involved in a run 5 which had no overthrows and a run 6 that had 2 over throws.
Old 13-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Tomo, is your team the Woodmansterne who play on the park and street, or are you an Old Walcountian?
Old 25-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Time is running out

I was supposed to be playing today but we could only get 6 players so had to cancel. Looks like that's it for my company team now....a sad day

I would offer my services elsewhere but I'm not really any good at the game (suppose I'm not too bad at catching!)
Old 25-07-2009, 05:10 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
That's a shame. We have had to play with 9 occasionally, and that sucks.
Old 25-07-2009, 09:52 PM
hockey mummy

Lizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLizzy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
I can play.

But I score league cricket on saturdays so not much use to anyone looking for a spare body.

oh yeah and I'm a girl
Old 17-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Time is running out

Well I managed my best score on Sunday - 21 playing for Reigate Pilgrims. We still lost though....

Looks like they might be short again this Sunday, anyone fancy a game?
They play in Buckland near Betchworth, right by a nice pub!
Old 20-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2 games left of our season, tonight and Monday (it's currently wet though).

Not been the best season but we've had so many rained off and the one week I was on holiday we had 2 games. Was well on course for the club stumpings in a season record after the first few but not going to happen now.

Still fuming from Tuesday night - caught a big edge off the first ball of the match where the batsman walked, the umpire shook his head and he turned around and came back. Shame I was already celebrating as I'd have stumped him if he wasn't already 'out'. At the end of the over I asked him what he'd seen and he just wouldn't say a word.

Caught the cheat a few overs later but they were already on 30 odd at that point and his fellow opened went on to get 62. That coupled with no-balling two deliveries that were over waist high only because the batsman was 5 yards down his crease attempting to play baseball.

Then got shoved in to open and got run out on 5 (our captain's 4th victim of the season) our umpire was obstructed but I made a point of walking as I knew I was short.

Game finished in the pitch black - neither team could see the ball for the last 6 overs and we were 30 short.