Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
and eyeliner
Old 20-04-2011, 09:01 AM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not seen it yet so how are they doing the uber-wolves?
CGI?
Old 20-04-2011, 12:57 PM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi
Not seen it yet so how are they doing the uber-wolves?
CGI?
Theyve been real pups so far. Not sure what theyll do for when theyre older.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Insert Better Username

lil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterlil_b_eagle worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
watched it last night, as a complete newcomer to it all (it seems most of you have read the books, ive never even heard of them) i was quite impressed, alot going on but im sure its going to all make sense, some one mentioned not being afraid to harm big characters, and that was part of my love for the wire, no one was safe and anything could happen, obviously completly different genres but hoping the same principals apply!
Old 20-04-2011, 01:19 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Don't read the books, you'll be destined for disappointment. The fat blagger will die before he finishes the series.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:23 PM

mexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is here
I have got the ebook from my library and it now awaits me on my Kindle.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_b_eagle
watched it last night, as a complete newcomer to it all (it seems most of you have read the books, ive never even heard of them) i was quite impressed, alot going on but im sure its going to all make sense, some one mentioned not being afraid to harm big characters, and that was part of my love for the wire, no one was safe and anything could happen, obviously completly different genres but hoping the same principals apply!
If it follows the books at all, and it looks like it will, then you'll have no worries on that score. Major characters drop like flies.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:39 PM

Snikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would say definitely read the books. They are fantastic reads, as is Joe Abercrombie although not quite as good. Whether you read them before watching the series is a personal preference. Personally I find it a lot harder to read the book of a film, then watch a film of a book.

As Daddy Long said, GRRM has taken an age to write the last two books but that is only because he scrapped what he was doing (He had written half of book 4 having advanced the plot 5 years before deciding he didn't want to do the jump in time). He now appears to have sorted out all of the problems that subsequently arose from this. Book 5 is out in July, with the last 2 to follow.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
To follow, but who knows when.

I'll second the Joe Abercrombie recommendation, and add Steven Ericson into the mix too. Excellent stuff.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:48 PM

Seaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Didn't know it'd be so... rape-y.

Last edited by Seaside Eagle; 20-04-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:50 PM

Snikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle
To follow, but who knows when.

I'll second the Joe Abercrombie recommendation, and add Steven Ericson into the mix too. Excellent stuff.
I reckon he will be done by 2017! Three years a book from here on in.

Probably moving off topic. Everyone loves Steven Erikson but I wasn't overly impressed. I have only read Gardens of the Moon though and hear you should read at least the next two.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt5
I reckon he will be done by 2017! Three years a book from here on in.

Probably moving off topic. Everyone loves Steven Erikson but I wasn't overly impressed. I have only read Gardens of the Moon though and hear you should read at least the next two.
Yeah, stick with it. The first one is good, but it gets a lot better.
Old 20-04-2011, 02:28 PM

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Haven't read the books but sat back and enjoyed it today after recording on Sky+.

Very impressed indeed. Fantastic scenery and good acting. Can see the whole thing is going to unravel very well making it a fantastic story/idea.
Old 25-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Lovely

Very good second episode. They really are following the book very closely, even down to the pacing. Haven't had too much to do with Sandor Clegagne yet, but he's an excellent character. Joffrey is as much of a little turd as in the book, which is great, and the direwolf 'puppies' are great.
Old 26-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks to this thread I started watching this to see what it was all about and am hooked. May not bother with the books as I much prefer to read the books prior to any film/tv series etc...
Old 26-04-2011, 07:34 AM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldEagle96
Thanks to this thread I started watching this to see what it was all about and am hooked. May not bother with the books as I much prefer to read the books prior to any film/tv series etc...
The way its going, I dont think youll have to. Its been done very well so far, quite accurate. Apart from a bit of initial character development (eg Sandor Clegane), all youre really missing is the thoughts of the characters, otherwise the dialogue and events are spot on.

Things should pick up a lot in the next few episodes.
Old 26-04-2011, 12:50 PM

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just watched the second episode. Very good.

Those 'puppies' grew up quickly!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:17 PM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just watched the third.
I am really enjoying the series.
The best bit is all the characters sound like they did when I read the books.
(only spotted 1 american in the cast - the bloke from the wire)

ps. also in the first episode the horse men's camp was on Gozo, just beside the inland sea/arch, I've stood in the middle of it.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Lovely

Which bloke from the Wire? I assume you mean Aiden Gillen, who is actually Irish but does a good Baltimore accent.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-05-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi
Just watched the third.
I am really enjoying the series.
The best bit is all the characters sound like they did when I read the books.
(only spotted 1 american in the cast - the bloke from the wire)

ps. also in the first episode the horse men's camp was on Gozo, just beside the inland sea/arch, I've stood in the middle of it.
I'm already looking forward to the series finale, its going to be epic. Should be a good, action packed, hectic couple of episodes.