Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang
I thought he joined us from Orient?
.... and here he is scoring the winning goal for QPR against WBA in the 1967 league cup final (QPR in white)

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-01-2012, 11:42 AM

ForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPeanutSeller
He joined from QPR.
Thoiugh he joined from Chelsea, in its heyday!

Now running a removal business in East London. His beaten up van can be seen trundling round the streets, in these parts. Won't make any comments about the hooter, as they could be misconstrued
Old 09-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
His family, including what looked liked his Mum and Dad and his brothers, the in laws, their kids as well as his own wife and kids were regulars in the stand. A massive boost to the home gate. He'd always wave to them during the game.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:58 PM

W Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L
Yep what a complete bastard shelling out to keep Aj after relegation plus everyone else bought whilst Dowie was here

Absolute nonsense to suggest he wasnt supported in the transfer market
Yeah, buying players for the odd £200k here and there to try to keep us in the Prem, plus a few loans. We underspent that season and paid the price, despite being 8 minutes from staying up. What could have been.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:01 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobham Eagle
Bruce - well who knows what went on there? Jordan slapped an injunction on him so we'll never know.

Dowie - yes what he did was technically wrong. But if Jordan had been my boss...

Bostock - how old was he when he left? Can hardly blame him personally.

Warnock - it's all being said on another thread.

You won't find me jumping up and down on any of their graves.
Quite right - take taps lessons first and do it properly
Old 09-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by W Malling Eagle
Yeah, buying players for the odd £200k here and there to try to keep us in the Prem, plus a few loans. We underspent that season and paid the price, despite being 8 minutes from staying up. What could have been.
Yes the man was a genius, leaving Ventola on the bench and bringing on a centre half at the Valley

His signings in 04/5

Kiraly
Boyce
Speroni (500k)
Ventola
Hudson
Kolkka
Torghelle (750k)
Fitz Hall (1.5m)
Kaviedes
Andrews
Lakis
Ward (1.1m)
McAnuff
Macken

So not exactly the odd 200k here and there
Old 09-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Optimistic Eagle

telodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPeanutSeller
I still think it is an utter disgrace the way Mark Lazarus left us for Leyton Orient in 1970. Clearly there was some underhand dealings with his agent, as his reasons "to be closer to my family" were obviously untrue. And there was a distinct undertone of irony in his parting shot "I really enjoyed my time at Palace". Yeah right! Shooting is too good for him.

At the risk of being wooshed, he was pushed out by George Petchey who never liked him and had Bert Heads ear. Proved by the fact that Petchey played against Leeds in the 64/65 cup run, his only game of the season after he told Bert he could mark Bremner out of the game . Getting back to Lazurus he was also 32 and had lost most of his pace by the time we sold him.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Optimistic Eagle

telodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
See young Master Bostock cam off the bench for a whole 8 minutes against Cheltenham on Saturday, ahead of van Der Vaart no less. His career is obvioulsy back on track.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:40 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Clive Allen anyone?

Also, can we put in Bill Glazier just because he was my hero and made me cry when he left?
Old 09-01-2012, 02:49 PM

W Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yes the man was a genius, leaving Ventola on the bench and bringing on a centre half at the Valley

His signings in 04/5

Kiraly
Boyce
Speroni (500k)
Ventola
Hudson
Kolkka
Torghelle (750k)
Fitz Hall (1.5m)
Kaviedes
Andrews
Lakis
Ward (1.1m)
McAnuff
Macken

So not exactly the odd 200k here and there
Needed to be one or two bigger signings to stay up imo, Gera would have done it if we hadn't let WBA gazump us.

Agree about Ventola though, what a baffling decision. I'm not saying Dowie was a great manager, he made some mistakes, but I think Jordan made it very difficult for him. The way Dowie went about leaving, taking the Charlton job, etc, was wrong, but I think it's naive to make him out to be the only guilty party.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:59 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Apart from the four I named at the start - not on the same scale, there is Kevin 'Fatty' Miller and the infamous match at Loftus Road. It took almost 3 years for 'the curse' to pay-off when we put four goals past him at Barnsley. During that time the git saved a penalty and played a blinder at Selhurst but the evening of the 4-1 win against him was to be savoured. Barnsley were relegated two months later.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Peter Taylor ...Twice

He made me cry both times

Such a legend.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:21 PM

H.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineH.Bomb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
John Bostock... example of a bad choice in football
Old 09-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
So farewell then Colin
You slunk away like a rat
And took the Queen's shilling
Now it's not such happy days
Getting the Spanish Archer
From Tony Fernandes
Old 09-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
There might be something in this Palace-related karmic rochambeau.
Col.Gadaffi didnt buy us and look what happened to him!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:40 PM
53 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
BTW, disagree about Bostock - he (and his dad) went on about what a Palace fan he was, but he still left and was old enough to understand that it would stitch up the club financially.
At 16? Not sure about that. The adults who advised them are another matter however. The Bostock situation was about the only time I ever felt some sympathy for SJ.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:41 PM
53 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Ah the hoary old Ventola chestnut. Like he was the new Pele. How many minutes had he actually played for us in the Premier League by the time of the Charlton game?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:43 PM
53 years and counting...

Quote:
The way Dowie went about leaving, taking the Charlton job, etc, was wrong, but I think it's naive to make him out to be the only guilty party.
That's probably a fair summary.
Old 26-01-2012, 06:42 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Seeing the Chris Coleman Thread, I decided to watch the BBC recording of his comments.

I always remember him being 'injured' for the final vital matches of our 94/95 season in the Premiership. Had he played, perhaps we'd have got the points needed for safety but we were relegated. Of course he may have risked further injury had he played and that would have probably scuppered his no doubt, lucrative move to Blackburn.

I thought his coments were unnecessarily harsh on Palace and lacked grace and I certainly wouldn't have voted him for our Centenary xi.

Maybe his absence when we needed him was not entirely down to him. Afterall RGN was probably counting the Blackburn money. However his playing career ended prematurely.

But then again, his crass comments show an ungrateful charmless twit. Some fools never learn.
Old 26-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Absolutely. It sounds like Jordan treated Dowie really poorly, which so many fans conveniently forget. I don't blame Dowie for leaving at all, it's just a shame he went to those c***s in SE7.
Even at the play-off final, you could see that there was zero warmth between SJ and ID, which I found a bit shocking given that heroic victory.

On the other hand, SJ had first-hand experience of what a (back room) shambles 'team Dowie' really was. It was actually a bit odd that they 'hung together' for so long.