Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-10-2014, 11:23 AM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hooray for David Cameron

A true prince among men...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Not a thread title you see often, but I agree.

Stupid, ill-thought out and disproportionate idea.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-10-2014, 11:57 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
As a quite heavy smoker myself, this sort of thinking worries me. As it could just be the beginning of banning smoking in all public spaces.

However that is purely for selfish reasons.

Smoking is an addiction and no good for your health, and if it can be proved, or at least well argued that it will mean there will be a far smaller uptake by impressionable kids (My being one of them when I was young) then I actually would, a little reluctantly, agree with the proposal.

I tend to think that it will become law at some point anyway. Whether that is in a year or twenty years from now.
Old 15-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
A Tory supports big businsesses that destroy the heath of their customers for profit. I am shocked.
Old 15-10-2014, 12:18 PM

little dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
smokers don't miss smoking in pubs, offices, the tube etc after those bans, this would be no different after a while. Smoking is an addiction and not a habit and this would help people so why not?
Old 15-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
As a quite heavy smoker myself, this sort of thinking worries me. As it could just be the beginning of banning smoking in all public spaces.

Smoking is an addiction and no good for your health, and if it can be proved, or at least well argued that it will mean there will be a far smaller uptake by impressionable kids (My being one of them when I was young) then I actually would, a little reluctantly, agree with the proposal.

I tend to think that it will become law at some point anyway. Whether that is in a year or twenty years from now.
If banning smoking reduced in the uptake of by impressionable kids (which it would) would you support that?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 15-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Banned again

SBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Hooray !
Old 15-10-2014, 12:25 PM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
Lynton Crosby...
Old 15-10-2014, 12:26 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by little dedders View Post
smokers don't miss smoking in pubs
We do. And so do the landlords
Old 15-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little dedders View Post
Smoking is an addiction and not a habit
The vast majority of smoking is habit. People trying to stop get over the chemical addiction really very quickly, they tend to fail because of habit, not because they cannot live without the nicotine.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 15-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
This chap would be pleased.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-10-2014, 12:35 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
If banning smoking reduced in the uptake of by impressionable kids (which it would) would you support that?
Yes, but being a smoker for purely selfish reasons it would be through gritted teeth.

IMO there is enough evidence now to suggest it should be banned and there are enough substitute products around to mean that I and others would not climbing walls to get our fix.
Old 15-10-2014, 12:37 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
As a non smoker myself, I say bring back smoking in pubs.
Old 15-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Yes, but being a smoker for purely selfish reasons it would be through gritted teeth.

IMO there is enough evidence now to suggest it should be banned and there are enough substitute products around to mean that I and others would not climbing walls to get our fix.
Cheer up, it will not happen for a good many years yet. There is only one reason why it hasn't been banned and that's the huge amount of tax dollars it brings in. It's got nothing to do with civil rights and freedom of choice and all that guff. it's about tax. Just tax. Each time they raise duty above inflation you have a playoff between the increase in the rate and the number of people who choose not to smoke because it is more expensive. So technically a rise could see an increase or a decrease in the total tax take. I imagine everyone can guess what happens for cigarettes.
Old 15-10-2014, 12:42 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino View Post
..and at the moment you can step outside and have a cigarette. If they ban smoking in public, that would include outside pubs and on the street so people would not visit pubs at all if they smoke.

It would also have an interesting impact on working as whilst you cannot smoke in your office, what would happen if you are unable to smoke outside it either?

The theory might be sound but the practicalities make it impossible.
Old 15-10-2014, 12:49 PM

Skin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would make it illegal. 5 years gaol for smoking in public would cure your habit pretty quickly.
Old 15-10-2014, 12:55 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Should we not ban alcohol, fast food etc on the same grounds tomorrow? How about gambling & computer games?

Some of their justification seems utterly bonkers as well...

Quote:
Just as smokers' lungs are polluted, the lungs of our city our parks and green spaces are polluted by smoking
If they are so concerned about air pollution, shouldn't they ban flights over London. How much does smoking really contribute to air pollution?

And no, I'm not a smoker
Old 15-10-2014, 12:58 PM

little dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino View Post
I smoke socially and I love that you can't do it inside...
Old 15-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Excellent. On exactly the same argument we should ban drinking in public.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-10-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
..and at the moment you can step outside and have a cigarette. If they ban smoking in public, that would include outside pubs and on the street so people would not visit pubs at all if they smoke.

It would also have an interesting impact on working as whilst you cannot smoke in your office, what would happen if you are unable to smoke outside it either?

The theory might be sound but the practicalities make it impossible.
People would realise the only way of beng sociable was by not smoking so much and adapt, I also think people would smoke less if it harmed their career prospects and ability to make money...