Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-06-2019, 06:01 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I’d be interested to know if anyone recognised that it was a government initiative from about 20 years ago that the government was withdrawing?

Were they willing to pay more to cover the £750m (and fast rising) shortfall?

Exactly
Old 17-06-2019, 06:03 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
In someways mobile phones- it gives people with very little interesting to say the opportunity to say it in my earshot.
Old 17-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Couple mid to late 20's sat there in the coffee shop for 15 minutes not a word passed between them whilst they flicked and scrolled on phones - Young girl sitting there texting scrolling just nodding to her Mum who was trying to engage her in conversation the world is ****ed - finally turned in to my Dad. I would have dropped it in the Coffee if my wife or daughters sat their doing that no matter how ******* boring they think I am!
Old 17-06-2019, 06:31 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Another driving one... people who almost grind to a halt when doing a right turn (that would be a left turn in The UK).

I'm not expecting them to go up on two wheels while turning, but I'm not sure why the need to slow to a crawl either.
Old 17-06-2019, 10:51 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I might have done this one before... but going to a very nice (read expensive) hotel in the middle of the week, and finding parents with kids of school age staying there during a time the kids should still be in school.

Nothing against kids being there, but during a time when schools out or at the weekend. That way I can plan around them. Just read some reviews on Trip Advisor, and people are so oblivious to this, and think it's grand they get cheaper rates and the kids get the pool all to themselves... bastards! Of course they get the pool to themselves... nobody else whats to be around them screaming and yelling so leave!
Without wanting to start a separate thread about school holidays, I do have a question about this.

In the UK do all schools start their summer holidays on the same date, or do different schools/counties etc. have different end of term dates?

I ask, because apparently here in The US the dates are all over the place locally, statewide or across the states. The end of term (semester here) for the summer break can range from the end of May to the start of July.

So basically I have fallen foul to thinking kids would still be in school this week based on our local schools still being in session, but find the place we are going to get away inundated with kids of all ages. This has nothing to do with being taken out of school... they are on genuine summer break based on where they go to school.

Frustrating, but fool is us, so have to suck it up.
Old 17-06-2019, 11:08 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Are you a security guard?
This isn't, "what's my flipping line" is it?
Old 17-06-2019, 11:13 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Without wanting to start a separate thread about school holidays, I do have a question about this.

In the UK do all schools start their summer holidays on the same date, or do different schools/counties etc. have different end of term dates?

I ask, because apparently here in The US the dates are all over the place locally, statewide or across the states. The end of term (semester here) for the summer break can range from the end of May to the start of July.

So basically I have fallen foul to thinking kids would still be in school this week based on our local schools still being in session, but find the place we are going to get away inundated with kids of all ages. This has nothing to do with being taken out of school... they are on genuine summer break based on where they go to school.

Frustrating, but fool is us, so have to suck it up.
Most UK schools have the same holidays. Private schools are usually slightly longer. We haven't got the vast range of weather and timezones and States and all that stuff that you have in the US which might account for the variation in holidays?
Old 17-06-2019, 11:32 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Most UK schools have the same holidays. Private schools are usually slightly longer. We haven't got the vast range of weather and timezones and States and all that stuff that you have in the US which might account for the variation in holidays?
I wouldn't say 'most' amymore.
Nottinghamshire and Derby obviously border each other but are very often different. For example Notts has 2 weeks off in October, Derby have 1. The easter holidays this year were also different - they both had 2 weeks but one started a week later and ended a week later. Leicestershire usually start earlier than both of them.
Old 18-06-2019, 12:09 AM
The Spiky One

Thanks guys, sounds like it’s within a week at the most in The UK. Looks like a five or six week spread here for summer.
Old 18-06-2019, 01:22 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Scottish schools always close for the summer at least 2 weeks earlier than the English ones. It’s common for Scots families to rush off on their hols at the beginning of July before the English families turn up and ruin the ambience.

Found that hard when I first moved up here, starting the new school term in mid August. Felt wrong, like I should still be off.

I believe private schools have differing term times too.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 18-06-2019, 05:27 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Changed this year up here. 5 weeks for summer instead of 6 and 2 weeks in October instead of 1.
Old 18-06-2019, 06:38 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Project Managers aka Letterboxes in the construction industry
Old 18-06-2019, 07:37 AM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
An announcement at Waterloo station telling me how I can ensure a “safe passage” through the station. I’m commuting to work not climbing Everest ffs.
Old 18-06-2019, 07:37 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks guys, sounds like it’s within a week at the most in The UK. Looks like a five or six week spread here for summer.
And if you have teenagers who have taken their GCSEs, they’ve just finished and won’t be back in school until the start of September!
Old 18-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Another driving one... people who almost grind to a halt when doing a right turn (that would be a left turn in The UK).

I'm not expecting them to go up on two wheels while turning, but I'm not sure why the need to slow to a crawl either.
They probably dont want to spill their Big Gulp from McDonalds.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 18-06-2019, 10:34 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
This isn't, "what's my flipping line" is it?
I won, didnt I.

Old 18-06-2019, 02:43 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
They probably dont want to spill their Big Gulp from McDonalds.
Starbucks more likely...
Old 18-06-2019, 04:32 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
An announcement at Waterloo station telling me how I can ensure a “safe passage” through the station. I’m commuting to work not climbing Everest ffs.
It is pretty dangerous avoiding the ferk wit's walking around the station eyes glued to their phones and the other type of ferk wit's that dray their tiny cases behind them and cutting across your line of travel.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 18-06-2019, 09:55 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Starbucks more likely...
Which reminds me.

Starbucks.

Always have 2 tills right?
Well one should be for coffee and only coffee. The other should be for all the shit they sell.
(yes, yes, I know their coffee is shit too, but when you don't have any other choice (bar even shittier shit that passes for coffee in Chile).)
Then all those ***** ordering **** knows what can hold each other up for hours, whilst anyone who wants coffee from a coffee shop can get on with their lives.
Old 19-06-2019, 05:03 AM
Snidey little rat.

The coffee in Chilean bars is shit?