Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-10-2018, 11:39 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Has anyone actually seen The Bromley Boys movie?

Not heard any reviews or comments on here, so I'm guessing no one has seen it, or an interest in seeing it.

Which is probably the problem with a movie like this... it would appear to have a very specific audience, and not many fit that category.

I probably fit the target audience as it's set about when I started to watch Bromley pretty regularly and I've read the book. Hopefully I will get to see it somehow one day.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:40 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I see it's out on DVD already... not a good sign!
Old 10-10-2018, 06:20 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Is that why he doesn't post much any more?
Old 10-10-2018, 08:31 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Not seen it, but seems to have decent reviews overall.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
First I've heard about it, looked at the trailer, yehp worth watching I think.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:39 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Is that why he doesn't post much any more?
Do you mean Al, or the two members called Bromley Boy?

I think Al wrote, directed and stared in the movie... then he woke up...
Old 23-10-2018, 09:31 AM

Sixty6 hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceSixty6 hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceSixty6 hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceSixty6 hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceSixty6 hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceSixty6 hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceSixty6 hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceSixty6 hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceSixty6 hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceSixty6 hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceSixty6 hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
Haven't been here for a while!

We had a limited but pretty successful cinema run and the movie is now out on DVD, Sky Box Office and all the normal streaming sites I think.

Breaking through with little British Indie's is bloody hard.

(just trying to join in!)
Old 23-10-2018, 09:41 AM

Flinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I went to see it last week at Langley Park Boys School film club. The producer J Herbert was interviewed prior to the screening and gave some really interesting background to the film and the difficulties in getting funding and exposure. I really enjoyed the film, partly down to the local references and time period it was set in. It's an easy to watch feelgood movie, don't expect anything intellectually challenging or profound though.
Old 23-10-2018, 09:51 AM

Flinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Not heard any reviews or comments on here, so I'm guessing no one has seen it, or an interest in seeing it.

Which is probably the problem with a movie like this... it would appear to have a very specific audience, and not many fit that category.

I probably fit the target audience as it's set about when I started to watch Bromley pretty regularly and I've read the book. Hopefully I will get to see it somehow one day.
I attended an interview with the producer last week and he said one of the problems he had attracting funding was due to what appeared to be a limited likely audience but the film has since been shown around the world and apparently there's been a lot of interest from the US as they love a quirky British movie. I reckon you'd love the film with your connections to Bromley, there are loads of local references and places you'll probably recognise.
Old 23-10-2018, 10:35 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I would have probably enjoyed this film too, I am probably in its niche target audience. Sadly I'm just not in the habit of watching films at the cinema. I probably see about 1 film at the cinema every couple of years (usually only bother for Star Wars or football related films) and this was a blink and you've missed it one.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 23-10-2018, 11:24 AM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I must admit the thought of going to see any film at the cinema fills me with dread ( mainly because most films look utter dross for me and my short attention span) but I really did want to see this so will gladly pay to watch this on which ever streaming site it may be on. Do the makers of these films get royalties for this ?
Old 23-10-2018, 12:29 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Wasn't a Seaweed boasting about his involvement in it?
Old 23-10-2018, 03:02 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
I attended an interview with the producer last week and he said one of the problems he had attracting funding was due to what appeared to be a limited likely audience but the film has since been shown around the world and apparently there's been a lot of interest from the US as they love a quirky British movie. I reckon you'd love the film with your connections to Bromley, there are loads of local references and places you'll probably recognise.
Looks like I can get the DVD on Amazon here, but not a download yet.

Also BBS member Monkey has just got the DVD, so should be reporting in soon.

Thanks for the insight Flinty - I'm looking forward to seeing it for the reasons you give.
Old 23-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Looks like I can get the DVD on Amazon here, but not a download yet.

Thanks for the insight Flinty - I'm looking forward to seeing it for the reasons you give.
Still havenít watched it yet mate, the wife keeps telling me not to watch it without her, then she drops off and ends up going to bed early

I think at first everyone thought it was only going to be popular with people like ourselves with a connection to the town and club, but I think words getting around that itís a decent little feel good film even if you have no connections.
Old 23-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
Wasn't a Seaweed boasting about his involvement in it?
If you mean did he write it, the answer is yes. He did.
Old 24-10-2018, 08:42 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Finally got round to watching it. Putting the Bromley connections aside and taking it for what it is, it’s an enjoyable film, not hilariously funny, but I did find myself smiling all the way through it and it does have its funny moments, especially Roy Oliver, because I actually know the real one.

But the best thing about it for me is the way they captured the era, they did a great job with all the cars, the furniture and decor, the football memorabilia in dave’s bedroom and his chopper bike brought back memories for me,although I would’ve been a few years after this, but it really took you back to the late 60’s early 70’s,,,,,,brilliant sound track as well.
Old 24-10-2018, 03:31 PM
The Spiky One

Good to hear Monkey. Sounds good.

The first real review I've seen!

I'm hoping to dig out some old programmes I have from this era to check out some names etc..

Do they give any indication the actual year(s) the movie is set?
Old 24-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Good to hear Monkey. Sounds good.

The first real review I've seen!

I'm hoping to dig out some old programmes I have from this era to check out some names etc..

Do they give any indication the actual year(s) the movie is set?
It was the 1969/70 season!! They used the players names from that era, although the actors playing them looked like a really bad pub side!! But it was a comedy at the end of the day, so youíll soon realise not to take the football too seriously.
Youíll probably enjoy it even more as you were actually going in that era
Old 24-10-2018, 05:55 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Dug around and found only one from that season, and it was a pre-season friendly v Palace played August 4th 1969. From my "log book" Palace won 6-1 evidently.

I believe Alan Stonebridge is one of the central characters in the movie.

A strong Palace team there that was about to embark on their first top flight season.
Old 24-10-2018, 06:07 PM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Dug around and found only one from that season, and it was a pre-season friendly v Palace played August 4th 1969. From my "log book" Palace won 6-1 evidently.

I believe Alan Stonebridge is one of the central characters in the movie.

A strong Palace team there that was about to embark on their first top flight season.
I went to that!