Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-03-2019, 12:36 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
Evidently you can become the President of the United States of America.
LOL

Loved the Lou Reed song at the end mind,made me listen to Berlin again...I forgot how depressing that album was.

Still brilliant.
Old 19-03-2019, 12:39 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I'd agree with PalaceForever bit... Though I'm not sure that he'd have a police case to answer too.

My only gripes with it was the unnecessary use of the C word in the first episode. I'm not adverse to it (ask anyone who sits near me at Palace!), but it just didn't work.
The heroin scenes. Should have either been a bit darker, and that it had got that bad for him, or just left it with the guy coming in.

I also think some of the filming was a bit too bright. For what was a pretty depressing tone, the sun was always out. I think he's a better writer than Director.

Probably on par with Derek, but nowhere near the (extraordinary high) levels of the Office.
Old 19-03-2019, 12:42 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
LOL

Loved the Lou Reed song at the end mind,made me listen to Berlin again...I forgot how depressing that album was.

Still brilliant.
I’ve got one episode to go. The music’s been brilliant
Old 19-03-2019, 02:24 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I'd agree with PalaceForever bit... Though I'm not sure that he'd have a police case to answer too.

My only gripes with it was the unnecessary use of the C word in the first episode. I'm not adverse to it (ask anyone who sits near me at Palace!), but it just didn't work.
The heroin scenes. Should have either been a bit darker, and that it had got that bad for him, or just left it with the guy coming in.

I also think some of the filming was a bit too bright. For what was a pretty depressing tone, the sun was always out. I think he's a better writer than Director.

Probably on par with Derek, but nowhere near the (extraordinary high) levels of the Office.
can’t help the weather, I think they have a certain window to get all the filming done, it’s luck of the draw I suppose and this was obviously filmed in the heatwave of last July
Old 19-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
can’t help the weather, I think they have a certain window to get all the filming done, it’s luck of the draw I suppose and this was obviously filmed in the heatwave of last July
I was thinking maybe that was on purpose. Would be a bit route one to have it freezing cold and pissing down to match the mood of the character, as per every movie ever.

Everyone feels a little bit better when the sun is out so the fact it had no effect just emphasises how low he is.

Last edited by WorthingEagle; 19-03-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old 19-03-2019, 04:52 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
I was thinking maybe that was on purpose. Would be a bit route one to have it freezing cold and pissing down to match the mood of the character. as per every movie ever.

Everyone feels a little bit better when the sun is out so the fact it had no effect just emphasises how low he is.
Maybe.

I just think I'd have liked it a bit rawer at times.
Old 19-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
For many, older fans, he’ll always be Dennis Pennis
Ah yes - cracked me up when he asked Tom Hanks why, like space, Apollo 13, had no atmosphere.
Old 19-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I liked the series. The praise on Twitter has been insane and a bit over the top I think. But it is was worth a watch. Some laugh out loud moments. Overall I still would place The Office above it though.
Old 20-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
After u lot going on about it, started watching it - and yep... its actually very good.

As much as he is a twat, you can see why and you do feel for him.

Love his response when the kid called him a paedo - very un-pc, but very funny!

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 20-03-2019, 12:58 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
The praise on Twitter has been insane and a bit over the top I think.
That’s Ricky’s army of rabid arse eaters for you.
Old 20-03-2019, 12:58 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Believe it or not, never seen a full episode of anything Gervais has appeared in, only snippets and the odd interview, but from my limited knowledge of his comedic talents, I reckon he went for a shit and Ian Holloway came back with him.
Old 20-03-2019, 08:10 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Going to be a series 2.
Old 20-03-2019, 08:12 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Going to be a series 2.
Yes, saw Ricky’s tweet. Writing it now. Wonder where he can take it?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 20-03-2019, 08:13 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Yes, saw Ricky’s tweet. Writing it now. Wonder where he can take it?
Marries the nurse who also dies of cancer?
Old 20-03-2019, 08:16 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I think a second series might be a mistake.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 20-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brilliant news that he’s writing series 2
Old 20-03-2019, 08:21 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Marries the nurse who also dies of cancer?
And has a lesbian affair with his first wife in the after life - spin off adult channel series called ‘Mufter life’. You heard it here first.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 20-03-2019, 08:32 PM
Made in Bromley

Penelope Wilton will definitely die, and he’ll spiral out of control again
Old 20-03-2019, 10:04 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I liked it. Had some good moments. Main problem is it just feels so contrived and so unrealistic and lacking in any realistic characters.
Old 23-03-2019, 01:43 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I think a second series might be a mistake.
Kind of think where can it go from the last show when it was all tied up in a nice pretty little ribbon......Usually I expect a bit of sweet & sour in British comedy drama...