Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-05-2019, 10:45 AM

Old Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Leaving aside Mr Thaksin's personal history (not that I think it's irrelevant), I am afraid that the current fashion for squillionaires to put colossal amounts of money into English football clubs will pass. When it does, Chelsea, Manchester City and others will be in deep doo dah. I hope we won't join them.
Old 14-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Lots of people saying he’s a crook etc...

I don’t know that much about it but was under the impression he was the guy that introduced a national health service, welfare, helped the poor with farming subsidies etc and tackled the massive massive drug problem. Yes lots of the the drug dealers were shot ruthlessly but he was out to reduce the inequality that saw the elite have almost everything while the majority were in poverty and dying from it.

He was the most popular politician in Thai history except for the rich.

Might not be all bad. That’s just a little googling and I’m playing devils advocate... just before this gains huge momentum on the bbs based on ill-informed opinions being repeated
You know it should be a no-go when you're debating whether a guy's executions were justified or not.....
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 14-05-2019, 10:58 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Man City - ok they are annoying having bought success but.....through fantastic recruitment and sound management the squilions they have spent has resulted in no big-time Charlie's, no primadonnas, a team that plays together with spirit and verve and with smiles on their faces.

Think we would all be ok with that at Palace.

And trips to Europe 'yes please' - Been following the club for 45 seasons and probably only got another 30 left in me. Ajax v Crystal Palace; AC Milan v Crystal Palace; Atletico Madrid v Crystal Palace; Aberdeen v Crystal Palace and me there at all of them. A dream would come true.

Plus I want to find a new Mrs who isn't English. Away to Newcastle in the FA Cup isn't going to cut it. I've got nothing against slags who are fat mind.
Man City are the PR wing of a human-right abusing petrostate. If palace became like them, I’d stop supporting and watch non league or something.

I don’t know much about this Thai guy, but he sounds pretty dodgy. Will have to do more research before properly judging him though. Honestly, if he’s just an Abramovich level billionaire, the type of ‘businessman’ who’s screwed over lots of people but hasn’t done anything near comparable to Man City’s owners, I could live with that. I wouldn’t like him being at palace, but I could tolerate it.
Old 14-05-2019, 11:06 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
I'm more concerned about his appalling human rights record. To be personally named on the Amnesty website speaks volumes. I don't want him anywhere near my club.
Oh dear...
Old 14-05-2019, 11:11 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
One thing's for sure; we will be dealing with new owners pretty soon. We're too juicy a morsel not to attract investment offers. I'd be amazed if Steve doesn't get approached seriously dozens of times a year. It's only a matter of time ( short time IMHO ) before there is a major shake up so anyone hoping things will stay the same are going to be disappointed. Hopefully, we can get in someone with a better reputation. Like it or not, the identity of who owns a club becomes a major part of the perceived identity of that club. We have to let some rich f$cker buy us if we want to even remotely compete at the top because that is where football is going. I don't think Steve would hand us over to any old scum Plutocrat however.
Old 14-05-2019, 11:32 AM
Neah Fruitcake!!!

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wilf, Luka and Wan Bissaka are worth 150 million alone, so I'd assume SP would tell him to go and take a hike unless he is trying to by out the Yank's share only.
Old 14-05-2019, 11:34 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't know whether this story is real or not but I do believe a new owner will be in place before the start of next season. Whether that be the same set as now with Parish in charge or a complete change. We must be ripe for investors 7 years in the Prem and look fairly stable. The ground is the only issue I see.
Old 14-05-2019, 11:38 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
I doubt this'll turn into anything serious but expect plenty more similar rumours over the summer. I'm still holding out for the return of the Diddy.

Werner Herzog
Old 14-05-2019, 11:40 AM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
I wonder how much he will actually pay? Enough to love us long time or just love us short time.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 14-05-2019, 11:42 AM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
I doubt this'll turn into anything serious but expect plenty more similar rumours over the summer. I'm still holding out for the return of the Diddy.
Or Gadaffi . . . oh hang on!
Old 14-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Some of the yanks clearly want out before they have to splash out on the new stand.
They would have made some money and know us getting into Europe are slim to none and at least 5-10 years away.
Now is the right time to get out to someone who has money to burn.
This has always been end game for us if we managed to stay up.
Old 14-05-2019, 12:19 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Yeah, totally agree. If we went down this route I would totally understand why the owners would do this, but something would die a little inside for me i think.
Agree I’d be gutted to be honest
Old 14-05-2019, 12:20 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Seems like a nicely timed planted story to try and get the media to rustle up some interest to me.
Old 14-05-2019, 12:21 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Might be worth a watch:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Welcome Robinho.
Old 14-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very similar rumour to the Gaddafi one a few years ago. Americans want to sell so a rumour has been started to draw attention to it.
Old 14-05-2019, 12:37 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
My first thought is ‘no thanks’, as I don’t want to go down the soulless Man C/Chelsea route. My second thought is that i might actually see Palace win something major before I snuff it.
We have billionaires as owners but we are hamstrung by the FFP rules.

Clubs like Chelsea and Man City had a head start and were able to build what they have now before the rules were tightened up.

OK they could still chuck money at it but as far as I am aware from the start the aim was for the football side to be self-sufficient with the owners financing the infrastructure.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 14-05-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old 14-05-2019, 12:41 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Bit harsh. I was only 12 and haven't shoplifted since.
Razzle from the top shelf?
Old 14-05-2019, 12:42 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Need an owner who wants more than a plaything - and someone who doesnt make the club a social pariah like this guy will.

Pretty sure SP wont give over the reigns totally and will retain some part of the club he rescued, so will want to work with someone he respects and has the clubs best interest at heart.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 14-05-2019, 12:45 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Bleeding hell, Weltarse is having a meltdown because Hosking has put a few quid in the Brexit party coffers, he’ll go stratospheric if this happens