Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 31-05-2019, 12:14 PM
Can't re member

Jules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is here
Second hand car advice

I need to think about getting a replacement for my 2001 Passat. Engine is still perfect, but electrics constantly going. Have no interest in cars beyond as a means of getting from A to B, so advice on cars to look for (second hand) would be welcome.

Budget - £10-15k, I guess.

If I could just get a newer Passat, that would be great, but I'm told I'm not allowed to get another diesel.

Ideally 1.6 +
Safe (kids)
Good size boot.

Any tips? TIA

Last edited by Jules; 01-06-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 31-05-2019, 12:22 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
My friend who is high up in a main dealership chain says always check out pre reg deals.
Old 31-05-2019, 01:00 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Petrol Passat.

I've a great imagination.
Old 31-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Anything but a Nissan Juke!
Old 31-05-2019, 01:02 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How long have you had the 2001 Passat?

Not sure I would want to spend 15k on something just as means for A & B stuff. Cars seem to go for a good 150k+ miles.

Assuming you have had it a while get another Passat only 2012 - 2015 1.8 Petrol the Petrol's are rare but nearly all low miles and FSH. 5-7k for under 60k FSH
Old 31-05-2019, 01:06 PM

EaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Estate ford focus 1.6? Reliable, fuel efficient and pretty nice to look at. For 10k you could get something in really nice condition as well.
Old 31-05-2019, 01:08 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Subaru Impreza. 4 doors. Bit of poke for the school run. The missus might take some convincing. (I failed.)
Old 31-05-2019, 01:13 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Do you have off street parking? What’s your daily mileage? What’s your longest journey? Could a secondhand EV suit you? Dirt cheap to run - a third of the cost of petrol/diesel, no tax, minimal service costs, very low depreciation, quiet and relaxing to drive etc. Our Nissan Leaf was a great family car - did 30k miles in 3 years and only lost £2.5k in value when I sold it.

Now got a Hyundai Kona Electric - great car with 250 mile range but too much demand and not enough supply mean 12 month waiting list. Second hand Leafs are plentiful though.
Old 31-05-2019, 01:14 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Petrol Passat.

I've a great imagination.
I resemble that remark
Old 31-05-2019, 02:09 PM
Can't re member

Jules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is here
Thanks for suggestions so far. Will check them all out.

Didn’t even realise petrol Passats might be old enough to be in my budget ( which is probably closer to £10k than £15k).

Answers to q’s so far: had my Passat since new (was my company car back in the days when I had the sort of job that came with a new car).

Daily mileage is low - rarely more than 10 miles. Occasional c100 mile trip back to London. No off street parking.
Old 31-05-2019, 02:23 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
look at skoda octavia based on the VW platform as are Seat

SaulAlinsky
Old 31-05-2019, 02:30 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
look at skoda octavia based on the VW platform as are Seat
Some of ours only a few years old surprisingly fail the London emissions standards .... Always best to check...but good car.
Old 31-05-2019, 02:31 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
I resemble that remark
Old 31-05-2019, 02:58 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Subaru Impreza. 4 doors. Bit of poke for the school run. The missus might take some convincing. (I failed.)
Is that because you asked for a yellow one?
Old 31-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
I resemble that remark
Steady, you’ll set SC off on one ....
Old 31-05-2019, 06:52 PM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Skoda and Seats are both viable options if you're holding VW's in high regard. Both have the same build quality etc than the Passat's.
Old 31-05-2019, 09:41 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Is that because you asked for a yellow one?
There was yellow on it. But it was more blue.
Old 31-05-2019, 09:42 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
There was yellow on it. But it was more blue.
I don't blame her then.
Old 31-05-2019, 09:48 PM

Jules, reading your opening post I think what you need is confirmation that you can buy a Volvo. Spindle has got one. Room for the golf sticks in the back & like a tank so safe as houses.
I can't really help. I drive a 7 seater S max. They've got loads of room & don't feel massive, but they run on polar bear's blood. Good luck.
Old 31-05-2019, 10:15 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Jules, reading your opening post I think what you need is confirmation that you can buy a Volvo. Spindle has got one. Room for the golf sticks in the back & like a tank so safe as houses.
I can't really help. I drive a 7 seater S max. They've got loads of room & don't feel massive, but they run on polar bear's blood. Good luck.
Do you flip down the back seats sometimes to make you feel like a real man?