Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-12-2012, 09:36 PM

crenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrenoleagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003
How can you be so sure they happened?
My Physics teacher told me (honestly he had some amazing argument, he didn't just stand up and say they happened)
Old 12-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaljim
How can you be so not sure?
I'm not. Which is why is I said 'I'm pretty convinced'.

I have no idea whether they did or didn't. I watch one programme that says they did - I'm pretty convinced they did. I watch another programme that says they didn't - I'm pretty convinced they didn't.

I'd like to see the photographic and video evidence proved one way or the other though.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Neah Fruitcake!!!

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
How can you be so sure they happened?
I was there
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle
Not English as a first language? Pub? Or predictive text?
Thick as mince?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Neah Fruitcake!!!

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

I'd like to see the photographic and video evidence proved one way or the other though.
The photos of planet earth taken from the moon are photographic evidence.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Emancipated

TheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTheJudge sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Try the Mythbusters Moon Hoax Debunked Programmes.
Some internet conspiracy enthuisasts have tried to debunk this debunk.

Barbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarbara4003 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
There were definately a number of things in the programme that had me wondering whether the landings actually happened. However the programme lacked anyone coming forward to give the opposing view. Yes there was the NASA guy, but all he basically said that their is so much out their to add to the claims it never happened that it was a waste of time giving answers to them all. So other than the odd exception, he stayed true to his word and did not debunk what was brought up.

However what they did present really had be questioning for the first time whether the landings actually did happen.
I've watched a few programmes about it over the years, and normally they do have both arguments in the same programme.

I don't really care about the flag waving thing, or the 'no wind on the moon' thing or the lack of stars in the sky. I accept all the answers to those.

It's the video and photographs I'm having trouble with. They were definitely not quite right.

dgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital O
in one of the videos the flags are moving is this solar winds?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
NASA say it happened

The internet says it didn't

Believe who you wish
Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 PM

Budgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBudgie Byrne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I'm not. Which is why is I said 'I'm pretty convinced'.

I have no idea whether they did or didn't. I watch one programme that says they did - I'm pretty convinced they did. I watch another programme that says they didn't - I'm pretty convinced they didn't.

So all the still photo's and TV footage from the landings is not sufficient for you?

The check out To view the link you have to Register or Login

There are plenty of these on the internet.

Of we can have a whip round to buy you a ticket on the first commercial flight to the moon planned for 2020. Its only 900 million dollars, but we are a generous lot on the BBS

I think maybe that is the only way you can be convinced....

[Malcolm Allison, Flamboyant manager with the fedora hat 1927 - 2010 The Eagles "Godfather" RIP
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Crikey.

I'm not out to disrspect anyone.

Wish I'd never started the thread now (and one of the main reasons I stopped using the BBS so often).
I know you didn't Barbara.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:44 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
There were a couple of people who queried it, one an astronaut and another person (I can't remember who he was) but he produced a report about why it couldn't happen. The astronaut man died in a space simulation accident and the man who produced the report was killed (along with his wife and daughter) in an accident the day before he was due to produce his report.
Yeah, I'll make a fairly hefty wager that neither of those things really happened.

"An astronaut"! What, like a NASA employee? Uh-huh. He was part of the not-so-top-secret "we didn't really go to the moon" department presumably.

And what happened to "the report". Presumably it was already written the day he died. Doubtless he'd already written this explosive report but never breathed a word to anybody and his secret died with him. Like thousands of other NASA employees.

Come on; get a grip.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:44 PM

dgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital Odgerard is going overboard, with a capital O
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy
Thick as mince?
yes i am drunk no need for abuse.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Crikey.

I'm not out to disrspect anyone.

Wish I'd never started the thread now (and one of the main reasons I stopped using the BBS so often).
You watched a show on Channel 5, didn't do any back up research and then posted you don't believe it happenned.

No offence, but what sort of reaction did you think you would get?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've watched a few programmes about it over the years, and normally they do have both arguments in the same programme.

I don't really care about the flag waving thing, or the 'no wind on the moon' thing or the lack of stars in the sky. I accept all the answers to those.

It's the video and photographs I'm having trouble with. They were definitely not quite right.
Yep the photographs were strange, what with part of the cross eyes being obscured. However why did they not take that further and investigate it more?

I think to be honest Barbara, the lack of balance in the programme, is something that needs questioning as much as whether the landings happened or not.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Didn't Buzz Aldrin get stuck into someone (reporter?) who asked him whether it was all faked?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie Byrne
So all the still photo's and TV footage from the landings is not sufficient for you?

The check out To view the link you have to Register or Login

There are plenty of these on the internet.

Of we can have a whip round to buy you a ticket on the first commercial flight to the moon planned for 2020. Its only 900 million dollars, but we are a generous lot on the BBS

I think maybe that is the only way you can be convinced....
In fairness (and I'm trying to keep this as light hearted as possible) those pictures don't really show anything, do they? I'm not necessarily saying they aren't real, but they are just blobs on the moon!

I'm pretty open minded about it really. I'm not totally convinced one way or the other
Old 12-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I....I watch one programme that says they did - I'm pretty convinced they did. I watch another programme that says they didn't - I'm pretty convinced they didn't....
Life must be quite tough for you.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis
Yeah, I'll make a fairly hefty wager that neither of those things really happened.

"An astronaut"! What, like a NASA employee? Uh-huh. He was part of the not-so-top-secret "we didn't really go to the moon" department presumably.

And what happened to "the report". Presumably it was already written the day he died. Doubtless he'd already written this explosive report but never breathed a word to anybody and his secret died with him. Like thousands of other NASA employees.

Come on; get a grip.
The astronaut was called Grissom.

I can't remember the report writer's name.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle
Life must be quite tough for you.
Not really, no.

I live a simple but quite happy life