Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:17 AM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
20 Years of Doom

Groundbreaking? Controversial?
All I know I spent hours playing this in the 1990's.
would properly spook you out at times...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-12-2013, 05:20 PM

MrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fineMrImpossible is happy as a lark and everything is fine
As with everything when you look at it now it seems funny but the game was so cutting edge at the time and it was genuinely scary at points. Sometimes strange to imagine that in twenty years time the 'incredibly realistic' games of today will be looked back on with the same 'it was really advanced for its time' label.
Old 16-12-2013, 11:10 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That article is wrong. The game that kicked it all off was 'Wolfenstein 3D' which was the real daddy of the whole FPS genre.

I can remember being handed the old 3.5 inch disks by a friend and being told that it was a fantastic game in which you got to shoot Nazis and their Alsatian Dogs and it was everything, and more, he claimed. The expressions of the Nazi's as they died still make me smile now.

Doom was brilliant but for me Wolf 3D will always be the one.
Old 16-12-2013, 09:31 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I kind of agree, but as you say Wolfenstein 3D was very much a game passed around on floppy disk from friend to friend. Doom was a much bigger commercial hit.