Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 16-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Jungle is indeed "massiv"

kettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
2 Ipods. 1 i-tunes Question

I've got 2 Ipods, and 1 i-tunes library. Whenever I try to update one of the Ipods it says that it belongs to a different I-pod and says I will have to "sync" and then start again is there anyway around this? Or do I need to have 2 sets of I-tunes?
Old 16-03-2007, 09:59 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
No, just goto preferences and select the tab that doesn't automatically sync your ipod with itunes, you can then select the tunes you want to put on manually.

Top tip, create a playlist for each ipod and then set it to always sync just the playlist.
Old 16-03-2007, 10:05 PM

Oliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
TAATOT, infact there have been hundreds, half of them started by me.

I started a thread asking the exact same question quite recently, I'd look for it but I'll just tell you right now how to get around it.

Get the latest itunes if you haven't already got it. What you want, are two different libraries, one for each ipod, so click on the itunes icon, then hold down shift, you'll know what to do from there.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oliver Varcoe
TAATOT, infact there have been hundreds, half of them started by me.

I started a thread asking the exact same question quite recently, I'd look for it but I'll just tell you right now how to get around it.

Get the latest itunes if you haven't already got it. What you want, are two different libraries, one for each ipod, so click on the itunes icon, then hold down shift, you'll know what to do from there.
Is this new to the latest version?

The two playlist thing is really easy too.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:21 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
thats how I run my GFs and my nano, never had a problem doing that
Old 17-03-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
thats how I run my GFs and my nano, never had a problem doing that
What the two playlists or the two libraries?
Old 17-03-2007, 12:33 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
two playlists, esp. best if you've got more music than you want on your iPod
Old 17-03-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
two playlists, esp. best if you've got more music than you want on your iPod
Yep thats the reason I do it too. I have 55Gb of music but a Nano and a 20Gb Ipod works well for me.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Ridcully
No, just goto preferences and select the tab that doesn't automatically sync your ipod with itunes, you can then select the tunes you want to put on manually.

Top tip, create a playlist for each ipod and then set it to always sync just the playlist.
Was about to say the same thing, top tip.

I have a 1gb shuffle for running & a 80gb ipod vid.

I think the shuffle would probably implode if it tried to update from the the ipod playlist
Old 17-03-2007, 04:00 PM

kettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
thanks everyone. I have done both things! Even though one would have sufficed! BBS. A veritable fountain of knowledge.
Old 17-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Israeli International

David Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Another question, how do I make sure my albums are in the correct order?

When I right click, the numbers are correct, i.e. 01, 02 etc, but it still doesn't sort them correctly. Any idea?
Old 17-03-2007, 04:56 PM
iMember

How is iTunes sorting them? If you make sure the track number column is showing then click on the top of that and it should sort by track number
Old 18-03-2007, 09:45 AM

highlight them all (all the songs in the album), right click, go to properties, (it will ask you if you want to format multiple items), then click yes, and at the bottom there will be various boxes - say compilation / album / play toghether / gapless / keep position, and then pick whichever you need. HTH.