Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 22-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I have 1.50TB on my Media Centre (2 x 750GB) and just over 1TB on my desktop (2 x 500GB and a 100GB boot drive).

It won't be long before 1TB is the minimum hard drive specification.
Old 22-08-2007, 04:00 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by itsonelouder
bit
byte
kilobyte
megabyte
gigabyte
terabyte
petabyte
exabyte
zettabyte
yottabyte
xonabyte
wekabyte
vundabyte

From Wikipedia;

A yottabyte (derived from the SI prefix yotta-) is a unit of information or computer storage equal to one septillion (one long scale quadrillion or 1024) bytes. It is commonly abbreviated YB. At this time, no computer has achieved one yottabyte of storage. In fact, the combined space of all the computers in the world does not amount to one yottabyte. According to one study, the world stores 161 exabytes as of 2006, with 988 exabytes projected by 2010.[1]
Old 22-08-2007, 04:13 PM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Is is incredible to think how drives have grown. I remember in the early 1990s buying a massive 40mb (that's megabyte) drive for a few hundred quid and thinking that I would never manage to fill it. I was using MS-DOS 6.00 at the time.

Later in the year, I installed something called DriveSpace, which was (I think) a compression utility, which effectively doubled the drive's capacity.

You can now buy a To view the link you have to Register or Login for just over 200!
Old 22-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell
Re: 1 Terabyte

Quote:
Originally posted by Chas
Anyone else in the 1 Terabyte club?
Welcome to the party lad.
Old 22-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Is is incredible to think how drives have grown. I remember in the early 1990s buying a massive 40mb (that's megabyte) drive for a few hundred quid and thinking that I would never manage to fill it. I was using MS-DOS 6.00 at the time.

Later in the year, I installed something called DriveSpace, which was (I think) a compression utility, which effectively doubled the drive's capacity.
You should have gone for 6.02, it included doublespace built in

I can remember buying memory for early work PC's - 4MB was over 200 quid
Old 29-08-2007, 06:31 AM

I have just bought a 1 TB Hitachi 3.5 on ebay for 160.
Old 29-08-2007, 07:23 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally posted by James
I have just bought a 1 TB Hitachi 3.5 on ebay for 160.
alt.binaries.bigjubblies is seeing some download action then, James?