Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 15-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Sonic Boom!

Malakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses grow
'Write-protected'

Ok would LOVE someone to explain this one:

I stuck a few mp3s onto a USB stick to transfer rom my PC to my Laptop, yet cannot delete them as it now comes up 'wright-protected'!! I was transferring loads then deleting them from the stick then sticking more on it, why has it suddenly decided to do this now?! More to the point how can I now 'un-write protect' the file/s so that I can delete them?!!

Last edited by Malakite; 16-02-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 15-02-2006, 06:38 PM

Velocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
is there a switch on the stick?
Old 15-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Thats Geezer, not geeza.

Geezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o status
I remember the days when no defence in the land was Wright protected.
Old 15-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Sonic Boom!

Malakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by Velocity
is there a switch on the stick?
Nope thats the stupid thing about it?!
Old 15-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Kareoke King

berg787 is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Geezer
I remember the days when no defence in the land was Wright protected.

i know...all those goals for the gunners ..beautiful

FOXTROT UNIFORM CHARLIE KILO
Old 16-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Sonic Boom!

SO do we think the pen has broken? Or is there a way I can 'un-write' the disk?
Old 16-02-2006, 11:26 AM

Velocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsVelocity was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
sounds like faulty hardware, send it back if it's still under warranty
Old 16-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Sonic Boom!

Quote:
Originally posted by Velocity
sounds like faulty hardware, send it back if it's still under warranty
Hah thats the problem I can't it was a freebie, although thats probably why its broken!
Old 16-02-2006, 12:54 PM

Little Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittle Matt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is there a master reset or restore factory settings option?
Old 16-02-2006, 12:55 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
If there's nothing you want in the stick anymore try formatting it to get rid of them.
Old 16-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Cant you just turn the record over and play the other side?

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 16-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Dont Feed Fat Blacky

DougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to Ollie
Re: 'Write-protected'

Quote:
Originally posted by Malakite
Ok would LOVE someone to explain this one:

I stuck a few mp3s onto a USB stick to transfer rom my PC to my Laptop, yet cannot delete them as it now comes up 'wright-protected'!! I was transferring loads then deleting them from the stick then sticking more on it, why has it suddenly decided to do this now?! More to the point how can I now 'un-write protect' the file/s so that I can delete them?!!
Ask Conehead
Old 16-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Sonic Boom!

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Matt
Is there a master reset or restore factory settings option?
nope
Old 16-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Sonic Boom!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridcully
If there's nothing you want in the stick anymore try formatting it to get rid of them.
have tried but it won't let me reformat as it says its 'write proctected' and that that needs to be removed before I can even reformat!
Old 16-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Sonic Boom!

Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Cant you just turn the record over and play the other side?
Old 16-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Sonic Boom!

Re: Re: 'Write-protected'

Quote:
Originally posted by DougleMcNori
Ask Conehead
Mate don't even joke about it!
Old 16-02-2006, 03:00 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by Malakite
have tried but it won't let me reformat as it says its 'write proctected' and that that needs to be removed before I can even reformat!
I think you should be banned from using PCs!!
Old 16-02-2006, 03:14 PM

Travelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have you rebooted - it may just mean that a file is locked open somewhere by accident.
Old 16-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Sonic Boom!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridcully
I think you should be banned from using PCs!!
Hehe classic, you ain't far wrong mate
Old 17-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Often when you take a file off a non-writeable media like a CD it carries over the 'write protect' attribute.

If you right click on a file and select Properties you need to check if the 'read only' attribute is ticked.

You can take the read-only attribute off a few different ways...

the best way is to do it in 'DOS', find the drive letter of your USB stick (e.g. click on My Computer) and do a Start --> Run --> cmd

then type "CD E:\" (where E is the drive letter of your pen thingy)

and type

attrib *.* -r /s/d