Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 31-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
problem is, there's no patches in the 360 version :P
Old 31-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobsta
problem is, there's no patches in the 360 version :P
Well, not yet anyway....
Old 01-04-2006, 04:50 AM
A less likeable Carrot

Marc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobsta
err are we playig the same game? i smash a skeleton in half now and they use to take about 4 or 5 mace whacks!

Marc you know all the shit about morrowind, where can i get some proper armor and a good weapon. I'll nick it if i have to

Currently got steel armor set and a steel mace and warhammer!

Keep havign to havea torch equipped in dfungeons tho
In morrowind there were lots of shrine-type places that looked very distinctive had had some real nice stuff, no idea about this game though. The best towns will have the best shops, nick stuff from those I guess.

Get your boots or head or something enchanted with low lvl light, then you don't need a torch. Sorted
Old 07-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
how do i get enchantments? and how do i restore my magic weapons power?
Old 09-04-2006, 04:38 PM
All Hail Discordia!

fnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
there's a bunch of websites with plug-ins for Oblivion (same ones that did plug-ins for Morrowind for instance) and one I've seen had level-up limiters so you didn't gain levels as quickly - try searching for the Morrowind Summit
Old 10-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Kareoke King

berg787 is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Get your boots or head or something enchanted with low lvl light, then you don't need a torch. Sorted

i found some ring in a cave (i think it was on the road to skingrad) that was enchanted with night-eye....much better than light

FOXTROT UNIFORM CHARLIE KILO
Old 16-04-2006, 11:33 PM
A less likeable Carrot

Marc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningMarc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Played it today on Bobsta's Xbox. Undeniably more advanced than morrowind in several areas but I hope it's more complicated on the PC! What simple stats for weapons and...no axes or polearms? One piece body armour?! What if I want different shoulders?

What's a geek to do?
Old 16-04-2006, 11:33 PM
A less likeable Carrot

Oh and I levelled far too fast.
Old 28-04-2006, 09:32 AM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
loving the game but not understanding how you can tell how good a weapon / armour is...
Old 28-04-2006, 11:32 PM
A less likeable Carrot

You don't really have to worry about it, since loot 'scales' too.

In the game before this (morrowind), you could take your level one character, sneak into a fighters guildhall in some town, break into the vault and pikey yourself a set of the best light armour in the game, right from the off.

In oblivion though, you'd get into the vault and find a load of level one armour

To explain anyway though: With armour, the heavier it is, the slower you move but the more protection it gives. Each number under the 'shield' icon on the right of the stats is the % of physical damage that piece removes from each enemy hit.

With weapons, the number in the same position is the rough damage you'll do each hit with that weapon. It depends on fatigue/power attacks and a bit of luck too, and heavier weapons cost more fatigue to swing.

For example, you'll often find stuff like an iron longsword has the same value as a steel dagger, the bigger weapon type making up for the lower grade material of the iron sword. However, you would get tired more quickly with the longsword, and so deal less damage in a long fight.

Simple

Other than that, it's just the magic effects some weapons have, which you just have to use experience to judge which are more useful.

I enchanted my arena weapon with 50 points of destroy weapon on hit, and owned all my enemies 'cos their swords were broken in the first 15 seconds of the fight.

It didn't matter how good a base attack value it had then.
Old 28-04-2006, 11:33 PM
A less likeable Carrot

Bah! That's one of the bigger posts I've ever done and it's all pure geek
Old 29-04-2006, 04:12 PM
All Hail Discordia!

fnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
I'm playing with the level-slower plugin and it seems fine so far. got some half-decent items but not really got too far into the main quest. I can see me spending a LOT of time playing this, it's great
Old 04-05-2006, 05:26 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How do you make spells out of all the ingredients? Any good ones to share??
Old 05-05-2006, 01:05 AM
A less likeable Carrot

Quote:
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
How do you make spells out of all the ingredients? Any good ones to share??
I make a pretty nasty poison I call 'Magebane' out of two of the ingredients you find in the planes of oblivion, the roots and the stalks. Together they have damage magicka and damage intelligence, and one of them has silence too. Add another ingredient with a silence effect and you pretty much neutralise enemy casters with a couple of hits, they're left unable to cast spells, whilst their current magicka and max magicka drains out from them.

You need a pretty good alchemy skill before you can make that though, because you need to be able to see 3/4 of the ingredient's effects.

Burden seems like a great idea if you can get it powerful enough, because you'll root an enemy in place if it's strong. Unfortunately I've only been able to slow enemies down as of yet. 'Damage speed' would probably be a better bet if you rely on marksman/damage spells.

As for potions, I don't tend to carry more than restore fatigue/magicka/health/strength on me. The first three for obvious reasons, and strength is the only ability you should heal if it gets damaged in a dungeon, because it ruins how much you can carry back to town. All your other attributes can wait until you get to a church.

Finally, make sure you get hold of the other apparatus, they make a noticable difference to the strength of your potions.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:10 PM

ta for that. What other apparatus would that be? How do I improve my alchemy skills?
Old 05-05-2006, 03:55 PM
A less likeable Carrot

There are three other pieces, alembic, retort and calcinator, that improve potions by increasing desireable effects, and one of them reduces unwanted byproducts in potions. You can pick them up in alchemy shops or in dungeons with wizards. They scale with level too, so you'll find better stuff gradually.

You improve alchemy by either eating ingredients directly, or the best way, by just making potions

Restore fatigue is good to level on since all the veg you can buy from inns will combine to make it.
Old 13-05-2006, 01:34 PM

Trying to stop my vampirism - need 5 Grand Souls stones and have 4, any idea where ther are some others??
Old 13-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Samurai Pie Master

Walrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On Oblivion:

It's a total waste of any serious RPG'ers time unless you are happy to install loads of mods/plugins. As a casual first-person hack 'em up it works very nicely.

The "levelling" of monsters and loot is ridiculous.
The game "day" lasts about 15 minutes.
Skill gains and therefore levels are far too easy to get.
You need about 10 arrows to kill someone, even as a dedicated Archer!
The guards are psychic and can detect your criminal acts from miles away, through solid walls, without any witnesses.

As a result, all the immersion generated by the pant-wettingly beautiful game world is lost.

Check out To view the link you have to Register or Login for plugins.
Old 13-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Samurai Pie Master

Walrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On Alchemy:

Being an alchemist is good There are so many ingredients and, unlike Morrowind, you cannot "fail" when brewing a potion.

As a previous poster said, just make Restore Fatigue potions from all the foodie stuff you find until your skill rises above 25. Then you can see 2 out of the 4 properties for your ingredients and have more scope for better potions.

"Levelling" Alchemy skill is easily done, even with the LevelSlow mod so I don't advise putting it in as one of your 7 major skills.
Old 15-05-2006, 03:14 AM
A less likeable Carrot

Quote:
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Trying to stop my vampirism - need 5 Grand Souls stones and have 4, any idea where ther are some others??
Sorry dude, no idea. You should have been more careful

A simple 'cure disease' potion would have done it, up until three days after you were infected - had you noticed